Ducks' Only 3 Losses Are In OT (Record: 10-3)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks were lucky to get the easiest path to the finals IMO. That being said, they have still looked very good and I think will win the cup but they are fortunate they had such an easy run.

Eh according to this thread and certain chicago fans, games vs the pacific didnt matter so they didnt try, and gave the ducks the top seed, and easy route to the WCF. You know regular season didnt matter, pacific dont matter all that good stuff :D

Its not like chicago was much tougher, the ducks and the hawks were by far the superior teams in the west both teams had pretty easy runs till this round.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's cool how you can twist things around to fit your narrative but if the ducks went like 7-11 against the Central you'd probably use it against them.

Or if they had struggled at all vs. Calgary and Winnipeg, especially Winnipeg.

It's the 2012 Kings deal, damned if you do, damned if you don't; you wreck who is put in front of you and it's an easy path, you struggle with them and you weren't that good and were just lucky to get a weak opponent.

It's all just excuses. Ducks got the path they got by thrashing teams all season. Neither team had an 'easy' path to the WCF, it just looks that way because they're both so damn good. I still don't understand for the life of me why the Hawks' superiority cannot be questioned nor why the Ducks still can't get respect.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
They were lucky or they earned it? You know if Chicago cared enough they could have had the same path. Anaheim didn't win some kind of lottery to get where they are and everyone knew the format going in. It's like you guys are preemptively laying down the excuses for a scenario where the ducks win the series "well they had an easier road so their win isn't as impressive, they didn't have to work as hard"

If that makes you guys feel better than by all means keep kicking that dead horse.

It makes me laugh how defensive people get about this. If I could choose any route to this point, I take WPG & CGY 10 times out of 10. Sorry that people feel you got lucky with how the seeding went. :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It makes me laugh how defensive people get about this. If I could choose any route to this point, I take WPG & CGY 10 times out of 10. Sorry that people feel you got lucky with how the seeding went. :laugh:
Cept for the fact that you play the regular season to earn that position... luck would be more on the lines of weber getting injured or minnasota playing to their skill level, bad.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Or if they had struggled at all vs. Calgary and Winnipeg, especially Winnipeg.

It's the 2012 Kings deal, damned if you do, damned if you don't; you wreck who is put in front of you and it's an easy path, you struggle with them and you weren't that good and were just lucky to get a weak opponent.

It's all just excuses. Ducks got the path they got by thrashing teams all season. Neither team had an 'easy' path to the WCF, it just looks that way because they're both so damn good. I still don't understand for the life of me why the Hawks' superiority cannot be questioned nor why the Ducks still can't get respect.
Readinng the main boards and reading the kings boards, ive come to respect king fans/posters on hf a lot. You guys tend to have pretty good hockey sense and tell it how it is for the most part.

Church of Toews*

The Jets beat the Hawks all season long.

They are not the cream puffs that you think they are. :shakehead

Yep because the regular season is the end all be all indication on how two teams will preform in a playoff series. Didn't the blues win most of the games against the Hawks last year in the regular season

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
Why are people arguing about how good the Ducks are? They're obviously an excellent team, end of story.

The Hawks are bonafide winners, and they haven't beaten the Ducks in regulation through 4 games.... tells you all you need to know.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Why are people arguing about how good the Ducks are? They're obviously an excellent team, end of story.

The Hawks are bonafide winners, and they haven't beaten the Ducks in regulation through 4 games.... tells you all you need to know.

Because they played the Jets and Flames, and Corsi, and young goaltending, and 1-line team, and Boudreau, and **** fans, and bad ice, and lets not forget "THE LUCKIEST TEAM OF ALL TIME" for 3 years running.

I just can't wait to see what people will say if the Ducks make the finals and win. I'm 100% sure people will still say it was luck.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Because they played the Jets and Flames, and Corsi, and young goaltending, and 1-line team, and Boudreau, and **** fans, and bad ice, and lets not forget "THE LUCKIEST TEAM OF ALL TIME" for 3 years running.

I just can't wait to see what people will say if the Ducks make the finals and win. I'm 100% sure people will still say it was luck.

No one likes us. We don't care. ;)

Jul 22, 2012

They will. Get used to the "weak path" argument :help:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
They will. Get used to the "weak path" argument :help:

They had maybe the easiest path to THIS round in history there is absolutely no getting around that. But what they've done this round is extremely impressive. The momentum of the Hawks was insane and yet for my money, the Ducks have been the better team in all 5 games.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
They had maybe the easiest path to THIS round in history there is absolutely no getting around that. But what they've done this round is extremely impressive. The momentum of the Hawks was insane and yet for my money, the Ducks have been the better team in all 5 games.
In history is definitely pushing it, especially when most of the league used to get in the playoffs. If you wanted to say this year it was the easiest path, an argument could be made. Of course, the Red Wings and Canadiens were not so great this year, either and Tampa had a harder time of it than Anaheim. Pittsburgh and Washington also isn't exactly a huge step above what the Ducks had to deal with and the Rangers had a harder time of it. Really, Nashville and Minnesota doesn't look all that impressive in hindsight.

Even if we accept the premise that the Ducks had the easiest road this year, it wouldn't be a whole lot easier than the other three teams who got here, or when compared to teams past who made it to the conference finals. We also have to take into account how easily the Ducks mowed through that competition and how much harder a time other conference finalists had. It really, overall, seems like a silly argument to me.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA

Am I crazy to think that Winnipeg was a lot better than they are getting credit for too? I was most worried about them at times than I have been any other team. They were nasty and had some good talent. The Ducks were just the one team (also probably the Hawks) that could handle them and make it look easy.

I think the Jets beat the Flames, Canucks, and Blues in the playoffs and would have had a shot against Minnesota and Nashville too. An even better shot depending on which Dubnyk and Rinne showed up.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Who cares if it was the easiest path they still went 8-1. Jets are arguably better than Detroit and the Ducks swept them. You know, Detroit the team that took Tampa to 7.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Maybe Chicago should have took the regular season more seriously if they wanted as easier road to the Finals. The Ducks played the opponents they did because they dominated in the regular season, and now they're dominating in the playoffs.

Oh and everyone knows at OT loss is still a loss. Obviously not the point of the thread.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Am I crazy to think that Winnipeg was a lot better than they are getting credit for too? I was most worried about them at times than I have been any other team. They were nasty and had some good talent. The Ducks were just the one team (also probably the Hawks) that could handle them and make it look easy.

I think the Jets beat the Flames, Canucks, and Blues in the playoffs and would have had a shot against Minnesota and Nashville too. An even better shot depending on which Dubnyk and Rinne showed up.
The Central division narrative was much more played up before the Ducks took Winnipeg apart. Back then, it was "the Jets could have had 109 points in the Pacific, too." Now, they're just a mediocre team. Hell, if the Ducks had converted on their OT dominance, this series would have been done in 4, and the hawks would have been retconned into paper tigers, too.

Don't bother with it.

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
They were lucky or they earned it? You know if Chicago cared enough they could have had the same path. Anaheim didn't win some kind of lottery to get where they are and everyone knew the format going in. It's like you guys are preemptively laying down the excuses for a scenario where the ducks win the series "well they had an easier road so their win isn't as impressive, they didn't have to work as hard"

If that makes you guys feel better than by all means keep kicking that dead horse.

First off, I'm not complaining about the playoff schedule; and there shouldn't be any complaining about the Ducks' route vs Chicago's. This is just pointing out that Chicago could not have had the same route as the Ducks. After they advanced, Anaheim was guaranteed to play the winner of Vancouver/Calgary. If Chicago had a better record, the only difference would be the first round opponent being Minnesota rather than Winnipeg.

Cept for the fact that you play the regular season to earn that position... luck would be more on the lines of weber getting injured or minnasota playing to their skill level, bad.

I also find it humorous that you mention Weber getting hurt, since Giordano didn't play.

There's luck that the Central was better than the Pacific and thus Anaheim played Van/Cal in the second round. But teams can only beat the opposing team in front of them. The Ducks are a great team playing very well; and if they beat Chicago and win the Cup they'll deserve all the respect for doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->