Ducks' Only 3 Losses Are In OT (Record: 10-3)

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
The stat is "undefeated in regulation", not "wins". From 1937 forward there has been the opportunity to play two best of 7 rounds, so....

Yeah I'm sure there was a very good chance a team in those days could win their first round in 7 games but all three loses be in overtime, then in the finals be at 3 and 3 with those 3 losses also in overtime.:huh: Pretty astronomical odds I'd say.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah I'm sure there was a very good chance a team in those days could win their first round in 7 games but all three loses be in overtime, then in the finals be at 3 and 3 with those 3 losses also in overtime.:huh: Pretty astronomical odds I'd say.

And from '74 forward they've had the same chances that we do now. That's over 600 chances.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Lots of guys reaching for the 'they count the same in OT as regulation' card.

We all know that. We arent talking about changing the NHL rules to award the Ducks a 'loser point' like in the regular season.

The point is the team is so good that their opponents cant beat them in regulation. That is a fact. Whether it fits the Hawks narrative or not.
This defines moral victory which is worthless a loss is a loss.
It's literally just blackhawk fans.
Wrong.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
10-3 is a **** record for a team that should be 13-0 on their way to 16-0.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
The stat they gave last night was that only two teams had played 13 games without a regulation loss. It's interesting trivia if nothing else.

Somehow I'm not shocked. This Ducks team is probably the most solid team we've seen in a while from bottom to top. No real weaknesses.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
This does nothing for this Ducks fan. They shouda had at least one of these ot's here with the chances given. Outside of the 37 second burst our finishing has been pretty pedestrian the past three games, even acknowledging the quality of the Chicago side.

Church of Toews*

This. You want to talk about an easy road to the WCF.

Hey guys they didn't lose in regulation to The Jets or the Flames!!!!!!

wow! amazing! :laugh::laugh:

shhhhh don't say that...... the Jets and the Flames were both destined to go deep Anaheim really defied all odds and pulled off the upset beating the de facto 7th and 8th teams in the west :nod:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
That'll happen when you get a free pass to the conference final.

Right....

Because the Flames and Jets are just garbage teams that you can walk all over :sarcasm:

Did you even watch the Ducks/Jets and Ducks/Flames series? Because your post makes it look like you didn't. I don't care if Anaheim only lost one game against both teams, neither Winnipeg nor Calgary are in any form 'a free pass'.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Did you even watch the Ducks/Jets and Ducks/Flames series? Because your post makes it look like you didn't.

sure hope the Jets or Flames give the hawks their first regulation loss next season.

thats just pure arrogance and ignorance on the part of some hawks fans to think that it was an easy first and second round for the Ducks. the Jets pushed the edge of physical play and the speed of the Flames was nothing to scoff at.

but since we are putting rose colored glasses on this series, its only fair to assume the Ducks havent been in a series this postseason where they are playing 5-on-9 every game.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Uh, yeah it is. You still lost. :laugh: Take the moral victory I guess.

Both teams play the exact same minutes, 3 periods or 5 or whatever the game is played until someone wins. So what if the Ducks are tied after regulation is that some sort of moral victory? In the regular season it is yes because of the loser point. Now the Ducks record of 10-3 is very impressive OT doesn't make it look better or worse IMO.

Oh lord, give me a break. Sorry I'm not bowing down to Anaheim's regulation prowess, I honestly don't care how Anaheim loses.

Great, they haven't lost in regulation yet. Cool. Whoopdedoo.

The series is tied and yet you guys are acting really, really bitter. I didn't create this thread. I'm not claiming some kind of moral victory. I'm not talking about the loser point. I'm talking about the length of a regulation NHL game. It is 60 minutes. Anything beyond that is NOT regulation. It's just semantics but you guys are trying to make this into some kind of argument that does not need to exist. Grow up. No one is taking anything away from the Blackhawks victories so stop being so defensive.

Actually, since you want to argue, fine I'll dance. Forget the word regulation. The Ducks have not lost by more than a single goal. A loss is a loss. No one here has said otherwise. Still, the Ducks have not lost by more than one. Your Hawks have. They've lost two games by three goals and another by four. :laugh: Take your moral victory in the fact the loss is worth the same as an OT loss I guess.

Your Kings did though. :laugh::laugh:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

Nothing like that 2012 WCF against Phoenix, then SCF against the Devils, eh?

Better luck next year, or not, whatever.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Yeah, they have been really bad in OT...

On what basis are you possibly making this comment? The ducks have flat out dominated the majority of overtime periods they've been in. Just because they don't get the result doesn't mean they've been "really bad". Chicago has gotten extremely lucky to be here at 2-2. If you can't admit that you are a Homer or haven't been watching

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
10-3 is a **** record for a team that should be 13-0 on their way to 16-0.

Yeah, if they were any good at all they would be up a few games in the Finals before the Eastern Conference team even gets there...maybe even have it won.

Bradys Boys

Oct 30, 2014
They played some of the weakest teams before the Hawks, but they been pretty impressive this series I'll give them that. Either eay the Kings 2012 run is still more impressive IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad