Ducks' Only 3 Losses Are In OT (Record: 10-3)

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
They still count as losses. I bet it stings just as much as losing in regulation.

I don't see anyone saying they don't count as losses.

Shows how dominant they've been this post season, but they've had a fairly easy road until now. Won't make a difference if they lose two more in OT in this series though.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Yeah, they have been really bad in OT...

lol what?

They are 2-3. That's hardly "really bad".

And in the two OT losses to Chicago, I think even Chicago fans will agree that the Ducks have been really scary. I think last game Anaheim had the first 10 OT shots on goal, all even strength. In the Triple OT game the Ducks hit multiple posts.

Yeah, they've been soooo bad.

OT or regulation loss in the playoffs it is the same thing.

I get the reasoning there but no, it's not the same. Regulation hockey by definition is three periods. Period.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
lol what?

They are 2-3. That's hardly "really bad".

And in the two OT losses to Chicago, I think even Chicago fans will agree that the Ducks have been really scary. I think last game Anaheim had the first 10 OT shots on goal, all even strength. In the Triple OT game the Ducks hit multiple posts.

Yeah, they've been soooo bad.

I get the reasoning there but no, it's not the same. Regulation hockey by definition is three periods. Period.

Uh, yeah it is. You still lost. :laugh: Take the moral victory I guess.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Both teams play the exact same minutes, 3 periods or 5 or whatever the game is played until someone wins. So what if the Ducks are tied after regulation is that some sort of moral victory? In the regular season it is yes because of the loser point. Now the Ducks record of 10-3 is very impressive OT doesn't make it look better or worse IMO.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I think the whole point of this thread is the game's are close they loss not that they should be happy they are losing in OT.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Lots of guys reaching for the 'they count the same in OT as regulation' card.

We all know that. We arent talking about changing the NHL rules to award the Ducks a 'loser point' like in the regular season.

The point is the team is so good that their opponents cant beat them in regulation. That is a fact. Whether it fits the Hawks narrative or not.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

We all know that. We arent talking about changing the NHL rules to award the Ducks a 'loser point' like in the regular season.

The point is the team is so good that their opponents cant beat them in regulation. That is a fact. Whether it fits the Hawks narrative or not.

Sure. I'd be perfectly happy with 4 OT wins.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

Exactly :laugh:

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013

It's literally just blackhawk fans. Their team is the best at everything and all other teams should just forfeit to their superior skills.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
It's literally just blackhawk fans. Their team is the best at everything and all other teams should just forfeit to their superior skills.

Oh lord, give me a break. Sorry I'm not bowing down to Anaheim's regulation prowess, I honestly don't care how Anaheim loses.

Great, they haven't lost in regulation yet. Cool. Whoopdedoo.

Jul 22, 2012
Oh lord, give me a break. Sorry I'm not bowing down to Anaheim's regulation prowess, I honestly don't care how Anaheim loses.

Great, they haven't lost in regulation yet. Cool. Whoopdedoo.

Why did you click on the thread, then?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Your accurate post seems to have missed 90% of the posters in this thread haha.

They look downright scary and the Hawks are lucky to be 2-2 in my opinion. I am pulling for the hawks for hockey pool purposes but to me Anaheim looks like the team to beat.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The stat they gave last night was that only two teams had played 13 games without a regulation loss. It's interesting trivia if nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->