Confirmed with Link: Duchene to CBJ

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
you guys have a pretty filthy top 6. top line is obviously one of the leagues best, but i really think Duchene will elevate that 2nd line tremendously. not short on skating or speed, great at zone entries and vast array of offensive skills as a scorer or playmaker. Didn't give up Foudy on top of the 1st to boot (which is expected for a rental), best of luck to you guys!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
at lot of people doesnt like it that much but I think we should all agree it mean that the team really want to win and I like that. it's a bold move but it's the kind of move that make good team and that show hopefully to bread or any future signing that cbj really want to win. they can't make move for the future forever. the future his now.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
6M$ for a consistantly unstable negative +/- guy.

There is a potential reward in this gamble, but the odds are seriously against a good outcome.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Guys on SiriusXM have been very complimentary toward the CBJ regarding this trade and the city of CBus. Think it’s a great market for Duchene to sign in. Refreshing compared to the trolling on the mains

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I wouldnt see his +/- as any relevant at all

I'm a strong believer in defensive players. You can be a good player with below team average +/- for a season or two... but being on the bottom of the team for several years is unacceptable imo.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
6M$ for a consistantly unstable negative +/- guy.

There is a potential reward in this gamble, but the odds are seriously against a good outcome.
54281397.jpg

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Can't imagine Jarmo and co. would not have done their homework regarding an extension, given the Panarin situation (and Jeff Carter). Fully expect him to be in Columbus long term. And if he isn't... Well, that would be completely unacceptable.

Good move for you guys. I like it a lot. Most of Panarin's production has been replaced, and the league gets to see them on the same team for however long.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Panarin-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Duchene-Atkinson
Wennberg-Jenner-Anderson

That should be our top-9 right now, IMO. Atkinson and Duchene seems like a match made in heaven, and Foligno is a mature, natural LW to play with them. Keep PLD with Bread, see what Bjork can do with the leash off. Wennberg has had success with Jenner and a strong RW (Vanek) before.

I think it's a pretty good three lines.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jk should trade panarin and recoup assets back. I bet he can get a roster player a prospect and 1 st round pick
If he can get that - and they're a decent roster player and a good prospect - I suspect he will. I also strongly suspect, tho, that nobody's going to be willing to do that, mostly because playoff teams generally don't subtract from their rosters like that.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If he can get that - and they're a decent roster player and a good prospect - I suspect he will. I also strongly suspect, tho, that nobody's going to be willing to do that, mostly because playoff teams generally don't subtract from their rosters like that.

Yeah, Panarin has made public he wants to go to July 1. To get a roster player back, they'd need to have him signed - assuming it a roster player of any quality which is what we'd want. We'd likely want that young roster forward with top six upside.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah, Panarin has made public he wants to go to July 1. To get a roster player back, they'd need to have him signed - assuming it a roster player of any quality which is what we'd want. We'd likely want that young roster forward with top six upside.
Upside, hell, I'd want someone who's top-6 capable now. Like a Fiala or something. :)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I'm a strong believer in defensive players. You can be a good player with below team average +/- for a season or two... but being on the bottom of the team for several years is unacceptable imo.
16-17 col main goalie was calvin damn pickard the whole team was - one million and last year ottawa was pretty bad too 3 player had worst +/- than him and mike damn condon also. I wouldn't think of those 2 season as the main representation of his skills I think if the coach use him well he will stay neutral or finish -1/2 with cbj. yes he isn't stellar defensively but on a good team with a coach using him well he wont have an horrible +/-. he even played on the pk in colorado so I wouldn't be that negative on him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad