Confirmed with Link: Duchene to CBJ

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I don't mind the trade. Didn't trade any of their top end prospects. 1st round pick sucks but that's the price you pay if you want to get a player like Duchene. Only thing that bums me out is if it's a 2019 1st round pick, there would be no point of me going to the draft unless Jarmo acquires 1 in another trade. But honestly I would prefer it to be the 2019. With goaltending a question mark next year, the 2020 could be a good pick. But if they sign Duchene I guess it wouldn't matter as they would give it to Ottawa.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't know if this has been posted yet but...this makes me believe he's gonna sign here. Basically he didn't wanna re-sign because Ottawa is rebuilding, meanwhile the Jackets have a young steady core. Not to mention he knows a couple of the guys, talked a lot about his family and how he has to think about his future. Columbus is the perfect place to raise a family and we have the cap to fit him in perfectly. Not to mention he and Dubois will constantly be duking it out for the 1C minutes.

Last edited:

Member 308457

It might have been already posted but I was thinking, now the Blue Jackets can make a line with Duchene, Duclair and Dubois and call them the Dubie Brothers. You can even add Dubinsky in there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It might have been already posted but I was thinking, now the Blue Jackets can make a line with Duchene, Duclair and Dubois and call them the Dubie Brothers. You can even add Dubinsky in there.

I believe the best name for that line proposed so far is "deep du du" courtesy @leesmith .

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Glad to see he landed in Columbus.

He's streaky and not a very smart player but his skill level is unreal. I think he'll have a lot of success in Columbus.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Why would any team trade two of their topish prospects and a first round pick just to flip them?

He played tonight for a reason. He's a Blue Jacket.

Those prospects don't seem like anything special. They are ok, but I wouldn't get too excited, I am sure Duchene can be traded for a lot more.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I mean this may not make sense to the elderly here but we can call the collective of the 4 sandstorm...

<("<) Du du du du (>'')>

Technically 1 du short but theres still time before the tdl. At worst du du du du boone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad