Wennberg - Duchene - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Duchene - Atkinson
Jenner - Wennberg - Anderson

Panarin - Dubois -Bjorkstrand
Wennberg - Duchene - Atkinson
Foligno - Jenner - Anderson

My favorites are the last couple options. Excited to see how it goes.

I'll take:
Panarin -Dubois - Atkinson
Foligno - Duchene- Bjorkstrand
Jenner - Dubi - Anderson
Robinson - Wennberg - Nash

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Congrats on landing Duchene, I think he'll fit in real well with your team. He can make stuff happen on his own, so you don't need to play him with Panarin for both to be productive. Hope he does well over there, he'll be missed in Ottawa, just don't let him ride in any Ubers.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
You guys will love Duchene. I know a lot of Avs fans are bitter about how things ended up, but he was my favorite player and I miss having him in an Avs uniform. He seems to have found some consistency this year and is playing at an elite level. The guys skill set is insane. I would to see him sign with you guys this offseason. Good luck and will definitely be watching more Jackets games.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
During an evaluation of the deal between the Blue Jackets and Senators, the Insider offered a look ahead.

“I think Duchene’s off-season is going to be really interesting,” asserted Friedman. “Because I think a lot of people think he wants to play in Nashville. I don’t think that Nashville was willing to do this unless they knew they could extend him. I think that’s what they really wanted.

“Quietly, I think there’s a belief in the Ottawa area that they are not out of the running for getting him back. He knows what their offer is - it’s around 8x8.

“I think it’s going to be interesting to see what the second half of the Matt Duchene chapter here is going to be.”

Friedman looks ahead to Duchene’s summer

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

Well luckily Friendman is a bit of a hack. Ultimately, sure, it could be what he's saying but this has been conventional wisdom for a while so he didn't add anything new or go out on a limb. All that was pretty much what we talked about already. If anyone comes close to Ottawa's offer, I don't see how anyone thinks he'll go back there.

It's a risk, but we took it. At some point one of these things has to work out for us.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Jarmo had to make this move. Sends the message the team won't settle for perpetual mediocrity and is willing to go all-in to win it. Plus, this should be a good destination for Duchene to land long-term - can play top C minutes but doesn't have to thanks to PLD, so a bit less pressure on him.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I love the trade. I think Davidsson could be a Viktor Arvidsson type player and that may sting in a few years no matter how Duchene does for us. BUT he was a 6th round pick for us so not much lost as far as value.

Abramov is a big time boom or bust prospect. He will either develop into a 70 point player, or he won't play in the NHL. A third round pick here, so not much value lost either.

The first(s) are the wild card. Maybe they get a hit, maybe they get two, maybe they get none. We won't know for years. But to get top players - especially at center - you have to give up quality pieces. I think we got the best player available (aside from our own), and kept our core prospects intact. How anyone could dislike this deal, is beyond me. I think Duchene signs an 8-year deal with us by the end of the season.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens in the next two days. I don't see us going into the next two drafts without first round picks. I also don't see us rolling the dice with all three UFAs, I think Bob gets dealt but Panarin stays.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Friedman’s been beating the Duchene to NSH drum for quite some time now, and it didn’t work out. He’s just speculating at this point with no concrete evidence other than that they were interested in acquiring him if Duchene accepted an 8x8 extension. Now they can’t offer him that.

Yep and he admitted on air yesterday that he was told to “cool it” with the Nashville talk because it’s not close to a done deal by any means.

And if Duchene resigns in Ottawa, I’ll eat my boot.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I hope you guys like elite centers with next-level puckhandling & puck protection skills, who can create plays out of nowhere and tilt the ice consistently into the offensive zone.

This! I knew MD was a good player but after watching him over the last year I have realized that he is a fantastic player.

Good luck Columbus, you guys deserve some love!

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Feels like literally none of our reporters think hes staying lol

It's good to point out the options though. That Jarmo can do a sign and trade for a deal no one else can give means the trade is salvageable if Duchene doesn't re-sign. Although it would technically fulfill the condition on the 2020 1st too, so how the trade would actually work is interesting - would a team risk spending significant assets to acquire Duchese unsigned, or what can Jarmo get for giving the conditional 1st?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad