Confirmed with Link: Duchene to CBJ

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Congrats guys, I'm conflicted between cheering for you and cheering against you now. Hope Duchene sticks with you guys and you make a good run, even if it hurts our pick a bit. Duchene has been absolutely incredible this season and all the rumours about his locker room issues are garbage. He's an amazing player and by all accounts and amazing person, decent singer too.

Will he start a country band with Ryan Murray and a couple other Jackets? I'm hoping.

Reactions: Smeddy

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Well, there goes my productivity for the last 3 hours of today ...

so "Duchene could play for Columbus tonight against Ottawa in Ottawa"? Awkward...

Last edited:

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Well done CBJ, your organization is showing up to help you later in the season/ playoffs. If you meet my team in the playoffs, all bets are off, but your team seems to be doing what they can to win. Be proud

Thanks but nobody is on the Lightning's level this year. Of course you never know in the NHL playoffs but they look dominant.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I just read in this thread teh dumbest comment I have ever seen: move Wennberg to second line LW. someone actually thinks we made this trade to shift Wennie Two Goals from second line center to second line wing??????
The point of the trade is to get Wennie Two Goals off the scoring lines. If we need a second line winger, we move Foligno, who is a legit 20 goal scorer up to the second line and add Robinson to Jenner and Anderson to maintain the "head banger" 3rd line. At best WEnnie Two Goals would be the 4th line center where he can fully display his elegant defensive sensibilities.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Really, really hope they can resign Duchene and that it helps convince Panarin to stay.

As for the trade, well you have to give up something to get something but I am happy to give up the potential for another Picard and Brule for Duchene.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Bobrovsky? No. Panarin? Yes. If you can get a better return for Panarin than you gave up for Duchene, you come out positive overall. Especially if he signs a new contract with us.

They are signaling a playoff run, unless there is a trade they can say no to I don't expect either to be moved

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I dont understand why people think that other teams want Wennberg if the Jackets dont want him. Yes it would be great for the Jackets to get rid of him but why would another team want him. Best case scenario is they trade Wennberg for another underperformer.
Works for me. (Really sweet would be a double Center package that adds Nash)...... Maybe we find our Max Domi.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I dont understand why people think that other teams want Wennberg if the Jackets dont want him. Yes it would be great for the Jackets to get rid of him but why would another team want him. Best case scenario is they trade Wennberg for another underperformer.

Christian Fischer for Wennberg?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I dont understand why people think that other teams want Wennberg if the Jackets dont want him.

This is already a thing that has been went over. You're really late to the party. You've made a few assumptions here.

Let's enjoy the trade and not go down this rabbit hole again.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just read in this thread teh dumbest comment I have ever seen: move Wennberg to second line LW. someone actually thinks we made this trade to shift Wennie Two Goals from second line center to second line wing??????
The point of the trade is to get Wennie Two Goals off the scoring lines. If we need a second line winger, we move Foligno, who is a legit 20 goal scorer up to the second line and add Robinson to Jenner and Anderson to maintain the "head banger" 3rd line. At best WEnnie Two Goals would be the 4th line center where he can fully display his elegant defensive sensibilities.

If Wennberg is still "Wennie two goals" then he wont last long on that line. Foligno and Robinson would be great candidates to slide up, no problem there.

I say give it a shot with Wennberg first. That might not work in your favor though, Wennberg might improve and then you will be stuck watching him, and never have the chance to punish him for his sins, which I know is the real concern here.

Chippy11

We have a Hulk
Jun 2, 2015
I don’t understand why the CBJ would want to trade Panarin. Why bring a guy who doesn’t know the system and costed a lot and trade way a guy that knows the system.. really that doesn’t makes sense to me.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I'm happy with the deal...and I still expect Bread to be moved if the deal is right.

As for VA and Davidsson. I think VA might be like JAM, highly skilled productive Juniors player that will need extra seasoning in the AHL before making an impact in the NHL. If Ottawa shows lots of patience with him he might pay solid dividends in about thee years. Davidsson...nice player but does not appear to be nearly as well regarded as Bemstrom, Tex and Foudy.

Something I have not seen mentioned but hasn't Dutch historically been one of the best face-off guys in the league. That's an extra plus! Between Boone, Dutch and Dubi we have three guys between 54% - 56%. Yes please!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad