Rumor: Dubas big game hunting? Where there is smoke there is Jakob Chychrun?

Would you prefer Chychrun over .... ?

• I prefer a top 6 winger (Kane, Meier, etc.)

Votes: 109 47.0%
  • I prefer Jacob Chychrun

Votes: 70 30.2%
  • I prefer a shutdown stay at home defender

Votes: 32 13.8%
  • 1st string Goalie (Saros, Yep Saros has been rumored to be available)

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Just tinker with the bottom 6

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Holl will be scratched for the Chicago game - trade incoming or a wake up call?

Wednesday pairings will be

Rielly - Brodie
Gio-Lily
Sandin - Timmins

Matthews took line rushes suggesting he will be back at center on Wednesday.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Holl will be scratched for the Chicago game - trade incoming or a wake up call?

Wednesday pairings will be

Rielly - Brodie
Gio-Lily
Sandin - Timmins

Matthews took line rushes suggesting he will be back at center on Wednesday.

Seems like it's coaching related. Keefe apparently said to the media recently that his game had "slipped".

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Seems like it's coaching related. Keefe apparently said to the media recently that his game had "slipped".
Okay, thats fair. But you're paying the guy 2M a season and you want him to be a top 4 guy on your team?

If I'm Holl I don't give a shit.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Fair enough that Keefe isn't overly impressed with Holl's game at the moment. I can't imagine that a d-man recently signed to a two-year deal would have spent the rest of the season being a healthy scratch with the full complement of blueliners available to the team.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Zona rejected Leafs offer for Jakob C .. rumour was Sandin, Robertson and 2024 1st rounder .. looks like Kings and Bruins are final 2 left .. 2 1st rounders and a player on roster and/or prime time prospect is new ask .. 4 guys is too much especially with 2 1st rounders as da ask .. i still think there is a good chance no one will bite on Zona ask .. gotta give Zona GM credit for getting a bidding war going .. hopefully it ends soon

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Zona rejected Leafs offer for Jakob C .. rumour was Sandin, Robertson and 2024 1st rounder .. looks like Kings and Bruins are final 2 left .. 2 1st rounders and a player on roster and/or prime time prospect is new ask .. 4 guys is too much especially with 2 1st rounders as da ask .. i still think there is a good chance no one will bite on Zona ask .. gotta give Zona GM credit for getting a bidding war going .. hopefully it ends soon

Did you get that from a tweet? YouTube? Insider?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If the Bruins are going hard after him that almost confirms to me that the kid is as good as advertised. Starting to make me wish we put in a serious push for him.

Reactions: ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Read this on TSN:

The asking price for Chychrun is (2) 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and a "A" prospect. If this is teh case I hope Kyle walks away.

The asking price for Gabrikov is a 1st, 3rd and a 4th.

Considering Horvat was a LW Anthony Beauvillier, C Aatu Raty and a conditional 2023 first round pick. Are these asking prices a little steep? It was supposed to be a buyers market

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Luxury shopping aside, if we can get low-hanging fruit like Nick Seeler and Nick Deslauriers from Philadelphia, and a retained Adam Henrique, you inject serviceable veteran grit and competition into needed spots throughout the lineup without mortgaging our pipeline.

Seems like easy moves to make while positioning for any possible homerun swings.
Realistic to think we already have that home run power. Also why they should get like 2 more veteran defenseman if possible or at least 1 more. Injurys happen. If they really want more scoring they can get a kessel and play them 5 on 5 every so often and 2nd powerplay.
I think you get a heavyweight and a 2 way center, Kessel can just dump or hold the puck. Rest crash the net or boards. Also gets you someone with knuckles and they can mostly sit while you use your center in the defense zone to shifting to a more offensive center once you clear the zone. Maybe pk for their playing time. Kessel odd shift and 2nd PP. There's your 4th line. Load up the other 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: ITM

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Read this on TSN:

The asking price for Chychrun is (2) 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and a "A" prospect. If this is teh case I hope Kyle walks away.

The asking price for Gabrikov is a 1st, 3rd and a 4th.

Considering Horvat was a LW Anthony Beauvillier, C Aatu Raty and a conditional 2023 first round pick. Are these asking prices a little steep? It was supposed to be a buyers market
I think the prices come down, once teams do not want to pony up multiple first rounders, and high end prospects, its the Ask, heck I can ask 40 grand for a 2004 Dodge Dakota, that pos will still be sitting in my driveway forever lmao!

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Forgot to add apparently Kane gave Chicago a short list to trade with before Tarasenko was traded, NYR and Toronto.

NYR thought Chicagos ask for Kane was "f*cking ridiclous" so they moved on to St Lou.

I'm reading a lot of talk around Barbarshev to Toronto, seems like the most likely destination for him.

Apparently Meier is most likely headed to NJ or Carolina. CLB has apparently showed interest in Chychrun,

Reactions: Its not your fault

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think the prices come down, once teams do not want to pony up multiple first rounders, and high end prospects, its the Ask, heck I can ask 40 grand for a 2004 Dodge Dakota, that pos will still be sitting in my driveway forever lmao!
That's the thing, when you have two weeks to sell something you don't list your best price until the end.
Not sure why anyone expects any different, maybe they've never sold anything?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

I'm a Dodge man ... easy young fella :D .. I got 485 hp of HEMI power sitting in my garage right now, waiting for the warm weather.

That's the thing, when you have two weeks to sell something you don't list your best price until the end.
Not sure why anyone expects any different, maybe they've never sold anything?

That's the thing Cheech has always been 2 first rounders + + +, the 'Yotes have always had a high sticker price on Cheech and have no reason to sell low in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Cleetus

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

Maybe Toronto can give one of Knies or 2023 first (but not both) instead of 2024 1st rounder.

Which do you think holds more value: Knies or the 2023 1st round pick?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I'm a Dodge man ... easy young fella :D .. I got 485 hp of HEMI power sitting in my garage right now, waiting for the warm weather.

That's the thing Cheech has always been 2 first rounders + + +, the 'Yotes have always had a high sticker price on Cheech and have no reason to sell low in 2 weeks.
If he's an injury risk and it looks like he could be there very well could be reason to sell now.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Maybe Toronto can give one of Knies or 2023 first (but not both) instead of 2024 1st rounder.

Which do you think holds more value: Knies or the 2023 1st round pick?

I think it depends on the teams needs, the 2023 1st round is REALLY deep. Knies could play in the NHL today, not sure if he would be a top 6 guy but he's pretty close.

Reactions: Petrus

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Robertson wouldn't hold much value anymore so that offer is a little underwhelming, not surprised it was turned down.
Appreciate the info though :thumbu:

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
In terms of value, Knies > 2023 1st round pick > 2024 1st round pick.
But that suggested Leafs offer and rejection isn't actually real.
If you need to give the 2023 first rounder to get it done do it.
Take the deepest drafts in the past 2 decades, and the chance of you getting a real impact player in the bottom 5 or 10 (where Toronto will be picking) is well under 50%. Even if you would get an impact player, you aren't getting a star, and even if you DID it would not be someone you could use for the next 5 years if not longer. With that pick what are even the odds that player EVENTUALLY turns out to be as good as Chychrun?

Maybe people will think it is an overpay, but remember, the Leafs are not comparing this deal to what other deals in the past were, they are competing against other teams that are likely to get in the playoffs. Not only is he addding to your team, but you are potentially keeping him away from a team you may have to play.

With the team the way it is...with maybe the best forward group the Leafs have had in our lifetime...I don't care about what it does to the team 4-5+ years down the road, if you can get a young (fits in with your core) D-man who is going to be top 4 back there, maybe top 2, get it done.

If a 2023 late first, and Knies, and another throw in prospect gets it done (maybe they will retain some salary), just do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00