TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I agree with McKenzie, that it would have to be a very good offer for TB to trade with Montreal, but we've seen with the St. Louis trade that TB doesn't mind dealing within the East.

Kypreos is one of the biggest idiots in Hockey coverage.
I wouldn't listen to a word he has to say, because i honestly don't think any team would talk to him about anything, and therefore he is just talking to hear his own voice and make himself look involved.

Kypreos is an idiot but he definitely has connections. Way more than Brian Wilde, that's for sure.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Mental inability??.....well I captain a Boeing 767 for a living, so my ability to reason, process and manage has been tested again, again and again.....you should be more careful when you question someone's mental capacity, you have no idea what I've seen and done in my life, it would literally make your head spin....anyways, back to Habs talk....

Lightning are on the bubble for playoffs, you have an asset that wants to be traded and its been made public, if he doesn't trade Drouin, he'd better make sure he makes the playoffs cause he'll have a lot to answer too!

Well, your emotive answer to an idiot affirmation isn't showing Mental Inability, indeed, but I'd say it could show some lack of maturity. :sarcasm:

Don't answer stupid remarks, and HF Boards' plane might land more safely.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Acquiring him only makes sense if the deal does not include PK, Patch, Galch, Gally, Price, Beaulieu. I'd also prefer to keep McCarron...

Having said that, I don't see how Bergevin can pull it off without using one of those players.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
@jaffy27

Fallacy of irrelevance. They don't teach logic in flight school. It is not a matter of ability, but rather the information itself being taught.

The fundamentals of premises and conclusions are noticeably absent from your posts. Indeed, your words are thrown out as if they are self-evident, that everyone must bow before your childish rhetoric.

Drouin is an asset. Yzerman can hold and take a chance on him appreciating by turning in better performances, thereby increasing his value and return. So what if the Lightning are a bubble team, if Drouin's return does not immediately improve their scoring, they still will be one.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
That is a ridiculous overpayment for a guy who is not even in the NHL!!
Ghetto plus our 2 seconds this draft.
How do you know Scherbak alone won't prove to be a better player than Drouin, just because he was drafted higher?
Sweet Jesus talk about ponying up for potential, Cooper is a good coach and if Drouin is not in Tampa's lineup its for a reason folks.

We can't be sure, of course, but I'd say it is a pretty safe beth. After all, Drouin had a 34 pts (in 70 GP) season at 19 years old in the NHL.

And I'd say 41 pts in 16 games played in the playoffs in his last junior season is light years ahead of anything Sherback had ever dream of...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
if habs offered Beaulieu/Scherbak/2nd, MB should be fired on the spot.

Beaulieu is now a young but established NHLer and can't be offered for a guy that is not established yet.

Tinordi or Pateryn, yes. Obviously they won't want Barberio.

One of Juulsen/Scherbak/1st round pick
plus one of Pateryn/Tinordi/any AHL or Junior non-goalie prospect not named McCarron or DLR
plus a 2nd rounder,
against
Drouin
plus a 4th rounder.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
@jaffy27

Fallacy of irrelevance. They don't teach logic in flight school. It is not a matter of ability, but rather the information itself being taught.

The fundamentals of premises and conclusions are noticeably absent from your posts. Indeed, your words are thrown out as if they are self-evident, that everyone must bow before your childish rhetoric.

Drouin is an asset. Yzerman can hold and take a chance on him appreciating by turning in better performances, thereby increasing his value and return. So what if the Lightning are a bubble team, if Drouin's return does not immediately improve their scoring, they still will be one.

From Hockeynews

"McKenzie also suggests it would be best for all involved if Yzerman can get a fair-value deal within the next seven-to-10 days. He feels Drouin’s trade yield could be higher during that period than at the trade deadline or the NHL Draft in June."

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
@jaffy27

at the same time, if he doesn't perform so well in the AHL, his value can drop...i don't know, it is a delicate situation.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
From Hockeynews

"McKenzie also suggests it would be best for all involved if Yzerman can get a fair-value deal within the next seven-to-10 days. He feels Drouin’s trade yield could be higher during that period than at the trade deadline or the NHL Draft in June."

Well, Yzerman is staring at Kyle Palmieri's trade as a comparable then. Drouin is full of potential, but only has one season. One that proves he has playmaking skill, but no long term track record. The price won't be super high due to high uncertainty and injury-proneness unless a GM is going off the deep end like Burke did with Kessel. He also needs to consider if guys like Erne will make it and hence make losing Drouin tolerable.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Tampa situation is a weird one. What direction are they going in? Do they want to rebuild or are they going for it?

It's shocking to say this but I don't know what those guys are doing. They came into this season as an Eastern favourite and now they're on the verge of losing their franchise player as well as their best prospect. WTF are they going to want in return? Do they want guys in their prime or futures?

I just don't see how we make this work without giving up a guy like Beau. And if we give him up, we've got a real hole on the back end going forward.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Bob Mac says 7-10 days, so really MB you have days to figure out, if this JD dude, is the stud you want.....

no pressure

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I turned off the TSN690 stream I had running on my computer yesterday after an idiot called and suggested putting Subban on the RW to generate offense. Not worth taking anything that is being said there seriously, minus one or two insights Marinaro might have or not have on some trade negociations.

This guy is known for calling in and making wild suggestions. It's all a joke, they give him airtime because they are in on the joke.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Kypreos is an idiot but he definitely has connections. Way more than Brian Wilde, that's for sure.

He also never said it would take or he would trade Galchenyuk for Drouin. He said Tampa is starting at a very high asking price and that's what they would start the bidding at. If they didn't get equivalent high offers from there, they'd begin to lower their ask. Also said he wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Drouin either.

He's a bit of a dick, but he's definitely connected and has broken multiple trades in the past.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
That's your "high price" for Drouin? Are you serious...?

Anymore than that is over paying for what Drouin is worth and has shown right now. Not only that, but you can find plenty of trades for young players who needed a change of scenery where the recieving team got less of a return than that.

You're not giving away established and productive roster players for a guy like Drouin so Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Patches, etc... are out of the question.

So like i said, that leaves you with either a package of young players who can be regulars in the NHL like Tinordi, Ghetto, etc... or with a package of mid-tier veteran + prospect + pick (someone like Weise or Markov, for example).

Any deal outside of these parameters will be a no-go for Bergevin.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Anymore than that is over paying for what Drouin is worth and has shown right now. Not only that, but you can find plenty of trades for young players who needed a change of scenery where the recieving team got less of a return than that.

You're not giving away established and productive roster players for a guy like Drouin so Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Patches, etc... are out of the question.

So like i said, that leaves you with either a package of young players who can be regulars in the NHL like Tinordi, Ghetto, etc... or with a package of mid-tier veteran + prospect + pick (someone like Weise or Markov, for example).

Any deal outside of these parameters will be a no-go for Bergevin.

Well, if you had been Dallas' GM back in the day, you wouldn't have made the Seguin Trade.

I'm not saying Drouin will reach Seguin's level at all, but it is quite rare that such a skilled 20 years old is available, and yes, one should give at least one established performer for him.

Don't forget that Drouin did make 34 points in the NHL in 70 games, as a physically immature 19 years old. That's pretty good.

Habs don't have such talent in the pipeline, so they must accept to overpay to get some. Otherwise, nothing will ever happen.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah. Drouin is a guy I'd rather offersheet than trade for at this point.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax

Well there's a starting point for anyone...

Makes you wonder how he came up with "two of Scherbak, McCarron and Tinordi".

Anyway, I have no idea how this is going to end up. Ideally we buy low but I'd be comfortable with paying a lot for him. Other teams probably are in a better position, and I doubt Bergevin will overpay to compensate.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
It'd be a better return than what the Bruins got for Seguin, FFS. Ferraro is either out to lunch, or Yzerman is.

Not really... At the time Eriksson was basically a PPG forward. (As was Seguin but that's besides the point in comparing the Seguin deal and the proposed Drouin deal)
Just because Eriksson took a nosedive in points the year after, it wasn't foreseen when the trade went down. You can't compare the Seguin and Eriksson deal either as Seguin was much more developed.

TLDR: Eriksson as a piece in the trade is highly undervalued as part of the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad