TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by ROEN, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. void

void Registered User

Kypreos is an idiot but he definitely has connections. Way more than Brian Wilde, that's for sure.

2. hototogisu

hototogisu Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
    That's your "high price" for Drouin? Are you serious...?

3. LePoche69

LePoche69 Registered User

Well, your emotive answer to an idiot affirmation isn't showing Mental Inability, indeed, but I'd say it could show some lack of maturity. :sarcasm:

Don't answer stupid remarks, and HF Boards' plane might land more safely.

4. Smokey Thompson

Smokey Thompson Registered User

Acquiring him only makes sense if the deal does not include PK, Patch, Galch, Gally, Price, Beaulieu. I'd also prefer to keep McCarron...

Having said that, I don't see how Bergevin can pull it off without using one of those players.

5. SirClintonPortis

SirClintonPortis ProudCapitalsTraitor

@jaffy27

Fallacy of irrelevance. They don't teach logic in flight school. It is not a matter of ability, but rather the information itself being taught.

The fundamentals of premises and conclusions are noticeably absent from your posts. Indeed, your words are thrown out as if they are self-evident, that everyone must bow before your childish rhetoric.

Drouin is an asset. Yzerman can hold and take a chance on him appreciating by turning in better performances, thereby increasing his value and return. So what if the Lightning are a bubble team, if Drouin's return does not immediately improve their scoring, they still will be one.

6. LePoche69

We can't be sure, of course, but I'd say it is a pretty safe beth. After all, Drouin had a 34 pts (in 70 GP) season at 19 years old in the NHL.

And I'd say 41 pts in 16 games played in the playoffs in his last junior season is light years ahead of anything Sherback had ever dream of...

7. BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach Registered User

Beaulieu is now a young but established NHLer and can't be offered for a guy that is not established yet.

Tinordi or Pateryn, yes. Obviously they won't want Barberio.

One of Juulsen/Scherbak/1st round pick
    plus one of Pateryn/Tinordi/any AHL or Junior non-goalie prospect not named McCarron or DLR
    plus a 2nd rounder,
    against
    Drouin
    plus a 4th rounder.

8. smirob

smirob Registered User

From Hockeynews

"McKenzie also suggests it would be best for all involved if Yzerman can get a fair-value deal within the next seven-to-10 days. He feels Drouin’s trade yield could be higher during that period than at the trade deadline or the NHL Draft in June."

9. bouquet

bouquet Registered User

at the same time, if he doesn't perform so well in the AHL, his value can drop...i don't know, it is a delicate situation.

10. SirClintonPortis

SirClintonPortis ProudCapitalsTraitor

Well, Yzerman is staring at Kyle Palmieri's trade as a comparable then. Drouin is full of potential, but only has one season. One that proves he has playmaking skill, but no long term track record. The price won't be super high due to high uncertainty and injury-proneness unless a GM is going off the deep end like Burke did with Kessel. He also needs to consider if guys like Erne will make it and hence make losing Drouin tolerable.

11. Lafleurs Guy

Lafleurs Guy RIP Fugu

The Tampa situation is a weird one. What direction are they going in? Do they want to rebuild or are they going for it?

It's shocking to say this but I don't know what those guys are doing. They came into this season as an Eastern favourite and now they're on the verge of losing their franchise player as well as their best prospect. WTF are they going to want in return? Do they want guys in their prime or futures?

I just don't see how we make this work without giving up a guy like Beau. And if we give him up, we've got a real hole on the back end going forward.

12. sampollock

sampollock Registered User

getting it done
    Bob Mac says 7-10 days, so really MB you have days to figure out, if this JD dude, is the stud you want.....

no pressure

13. waffledave

waffledave waffledave, from hf

Software Developer
    This guy is known for calling in and making wild suggestions. It's all a joke, they give him airtime because they are in on the joke.

14. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Registered User

He also never said it would take or he would trade Galchenyuk for Drouin. He said Tampa is starting at a very high asking price and that's what they would start the bidding at. If they didn't get equivalent high offers from there, they'd begin to lower their ask. Also said he wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Drouin either.

He's a bit of a dick, but he's definitely connected and has broken multiple trades in the past.

15. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy I'm still alive

IT analyst
    Anymore than that is over paying for what Drouin is worth and has shown right now. Not only that, but you can find plenty of trades for young players who needed a change of scenery where the recieving team got less of a return than that.

You're not giving away established and productive roster players for a guy like Drouin so Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Patches, etc... are out of the question.

So like i said, that leaves you with either a package of young players who can be regulars in the NHL like Tinordi, Ghetto, etc... or with a package of mid-tier veteran + prospect + pick (someone like Weise or Markov, for example).

Any deal outside of these parameters will be a no-go for Bergevin.

16. LePoche69

Well, if you had been Dallas' GM back in the day, you wouldn't have made the Seguin Trade.

I'm not saying Drouin will reach Seguin's level at all, but it is quite rare that such a skilled 20 years old is available, and yes, one should give at least one established performer for him.

Don't forget that Drouin did make 34 points in the NHL in 70 games, as a physically immature 19 years old. That's pretty good.

Habs don't have such talent in the pipeline, so they must accept to overpay to get some. Otherwise, nothing will ever happen.

17. Yoshidas Island

Yoshidas Island Ty Smith #1

Well there's a starting point for anyone...

18. FuzzyWuzzy

IT analyst
    Well that's just ridiculous. No deal if i'm the one making the call. Beaulieu + McCarron should be MORE than enough.

19. Smokey Thompson

Smokey Thompson Registered User

In that case, we are not getting Jonathan Drouin :laugh:

20. MXD

MXD Original #4

Dead
    Yeah. Drouin is a guy I'd rather offersheet than trade for at this point.

21. Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer Registered User

I'd rather not trade for him then.

22. FuzzyWuzzy

IT analyst
    It'd almost be a better return than what the Bruins got for Seguin, FFS. Ferraro is either out to lunch, or Yzerman is.

23. FireBurningBin

FireBurningBin please

Makes you wonder how he came up with "two of Scherbak, McCarron and Tinordi".

Anyway, I have no idea how this is going to end up. Ideally we buy low but I'd be comfortable with paying a lot for him. Other teams probably are in a better position, and I doubt Bergevin will overpay to compensate.

24. tinyzombies

tinyzombies Registered User

I would think that's close though. I would add to that if I were MB.

However, not sure I would trade Beaulieu in the first place. Especially with Markov in decline.

25. Yoshidas Island

Yoshidas Island Ty Smith #1

Not really... At the time Eriksson was basically a PPG forward. (As was Seguin but that's besides the point in comparing the Seguin deal and the proposed Drouin deal)
    Just because Eriksson took a nosedive in points the year after, it wasn't foreseen when the trade went down. You can't compare the Seguin and Eriksson deal either as Seguin was much more developed.

TLDR: Eriksson as a piece in the trade is highly undervalued as part of the trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.