TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamingofdrouin*

ferraro says beaulieu, bigmac and a pic underwhelms him.....**** you ray....as long as its before the one hundred and oneth pick were good. :laugh:

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
I'll keep repeating, Benoit Poulliot, Benoit Poulliot. JD may very well be a stud one day but right now he is a project and a question mark. I would not trade either Beau or Big Mac straight up for a project.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
CYJM3uJWEAE69aA.png

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
A scorer with a 52% Corsi rating? I'm in.

Not saying that BP hasn't developed into a legit NHL player. But he is not one you would trade a Top 4 D for. JD is not yet even a NHL player and who knows what he ends up.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015

To be honest, I'm not a huge Ferraro fan, I think a lot of his scouting info comes out of his ass, especially this year at the WJC I felt like he was off.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Makes you wonder how he came up with "two of Scherbak, McCarron and Tinordi".

Anyway, I have no idea how this is going to end up. Ideally we buy low but I'd be comfortable with paying a lot for him. Other teams probably are in a better position, and I doubt Bergevin will overpay to compensate.

So you admit that the Habs have to overpay and the Habs are not well equipped as other teams to overpay, yet you want the GM to go ahead and make the move, because we want a big trade irregardless that we get fleeced or makes us weaker in the medium to long term....

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
The Habs need McCarron and Beaulieu more than Drouin...much more. That's not taking the pick into consideration.

Scherbak, Juulsen and a pick is the most we should do

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Mac a pick and Beau?

Yeah, no thanks.

It "looks" like giving too much solely based on the fact that we love to dream that Big Mac will become a great player. But honnestly, in reality, it isn't such a crazy package, while I don't say I would do it.

If Big Mac becomes a third liner and Drouin develops well, then you should go with Drouin.

The pick, well we don't know the rank of it, so it's tough to say, but drafts are crapshoots.

Beaulieu? Again, we love to dream about his potential, while in reality, it is still up in the air if he will be anything else than a Mathieu Dandenault or a Patrice Brisebois. After all, he has yet to reach the 20 points mark and is certainly not a god defensively nor an example of consistency of dedication.

A young and supremely skilled 20 years old who's available, it doesn't happen often. So yeah, we should objectively think of what Big Mac and Beau will REALLY become (instead of dreaming) before stating that package is ridiculous.

Now it's true we should do the same exercise regarding Drouin.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Brian Wilde is milking every second of the Drouin drama, but it's what we all want I guess...

Thing is, Wilde isn't a rumourmonger. 99% of his tweets are factual and his opinion. He rarely if at all dives into rumours. I think there is actually something that can happen here. And he's also not exactly putting his own secret conversation with McGuire & Ferraro, it was on a radio station, so he's just reporting what the "insiders" and "analysts" say on the radio stations.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well...
Stamkos signed at 7yrs/30 millions total and Drouin for Subban and Galchenyuk?

I MIGHT think about it.

But of course Stamkos's price is probably closer to 70 millions total than 30, so obviously, not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->