TSN: Drouin asked for a trade in November, should MB make a move ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's unfortunate that the Habs won't be able to afford Stamkos this summer. He will go for ~10 million.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
They're discussing this on TSN690 right now and one of the guys said he would offer Beaulieu, McCarron and a 1st for Drouin. Seems really steep to me and if that's the cost MB needs to bail IMO.

I turned off the TSN690 stream I had running on my computer yesterday after an idiot called and suggested putting Subban on the RW to generate offense. Not worth taking anything that is being said there seriously, minus one or two insights Marinaro might have or not have on some trade negociations.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I turned off the TSN690 stream I had running on my computer yesterday after an idiot called and suggested putting Subban on the RW to generate offense. Not worth taking anything that is being said there seriously, minus one or two insights Marinaro might have or not have on some trade negociations.

You're angry because one of the callers had no clue?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
some combination of
Ghetto+Tinordi/Pateryn+Juulsen/Scherbak/1st would be my offer.

Last edited:

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Matthew Carle, signed for 2 more years at $5.5M.
Jason Garrison, signed for 2 more years at $4.6M.
Victor Hedman, signed for 1 more years at $4.0M.
Slater Koekkoek, in the minor, ELC, top prospect of the Tampa Bay lightning.

That's the depth of the Tampa Bay Lightning on the left side on D.
Why would they even want Beaulieu?
That's not what they need, they are already fully loaded on the left side.

McCarron is the name that should be out there if there's anything.
Tampa desperately need size upfront.
If Stamkos leave, they will desperately need help down the middle

- McCarron
- Carr
- Good pick (1st or 2nd round pick)

That MIGHT get the job done but i wouldn't do it.

Fans cry that we are too small and you would trade our best big frame prospect? Add a small forward to an already small group upfront. No.

walsy37

Jul 12, 2006
LOL at the serious overpayments in this thread. Right now Drouin is just another high pick who has not lived up to his billing. Although he is frustrated with Cooper, his frustration has boiled over which has shown an attitude of entitlement and not willing to work hard for the coach. Anyone else remember Benoit Poulliot. He was a #4 overall, he turned into a legit top 9 but never lived up to the #4 drafting spot. I would not pay that much for someone who has just as much chance to be a bust as he does to be a top 9 and as he does to be a star. too much risk in trading a guy like McCaron, who also has just as much as a chance to be a bust, top 9 or 1st liner (don't think the guy will be a star).

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Aside:

It's interesting how the fanbase considers Scherbak a lot more expendable than McCarron. That is a shift entirely based off a few months of performance.

It makes sense, though. Montreal has always lacked a big scoring forward. McCarron is looking like he may be able to fill that roll we've needed since, uh... well, as long as I've been following the team (since 92-93).

Scherbak looked great in junior, but hasn't done much in the AHL yet. Granted, it's been with limited games played (due to injury, I assume), but we've had plenty of flashy forwards not pan out.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Are West coast teams really going to be lining up and selling the farm on a small, soft, skill first player? He's basically the opposite of the big, tough, defensive west coast style we see today. Just an observation.

If I was Bergy I would totally call Yzerman's bluff. Offer a good but reasonable package like Juulsen/Scherback and a 1st and just leave it on the table. I really can't see a team offering a whole lot more. Could be a Vanek like situation where Yzerman ends up handcuffed by expecting to get a kings ransom and scaring potential suitors away. Sending him back to Bergevin's offer in the end.

Is Patrick Kane a big, tough, defensive west coast style? He's doing just fine.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Mostly everyone is saying that TB will not trade Drouin to Montreal for obvious reasons and that he's going out west. What these guys are forgetting is that Montreal probably values Drouin much more than Anaheim values him for example.

Will Yzerman say no to Montreal if their offer is quite a bit better than Anaheim's offer and thus improves the Lightning more?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Andrighetto+Scherbak+Tinordi+1st for Drouin

Over payment, maybe
Worth it, yup

Plus I'd start talking to them about Stamkos... just to get the ball rolling.
Personally, I'd rather have Stamkos

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Mostly everyone is saying that TB will not trade Drouin to Montreal for obvious reasons and that he's going out west. What these guys are forgetting is that Montreal probably values Drouin much more than Anaheim values him for example.

Will Yzerman say no to Montreal if their offer is quite a bit better than Anaheim's offer and thus improves the Lightning more?

Well apparently McKenzie said on the radio that Tampa won't move Drouin to a team like OTT or MTL unless our offers are "light years" better than anything else on the table.

So...it would be cool to land Drouin and all but is he worth giving up the farm for? Not so sure.

Kypreos suggested during the intermission last night that it would cost Galchenyuk to get Tampa to deal him to us. Is that something worth doing? I don't think so personally (and neither did Kypreos).

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't see why the Habs, or any team for that matter, should/would trade a
1st round pick in a package for Drouin.

maci4life

Jan 17, 2005
Toronto, Canada
LOL at the serious overpayments in this thread. Right now Drouin is just another high pick who has not lived up to his billing. Although he is frustrated with Cooper, his frustration has boiled over which has shown an attitude of entitlement and not willing to work hard for the coach. Anyone else remember Benoit Poulliot. He was a #4 overall, he turned into a legit top 9 but never lived up to the #4 drafting spot. I would not pay that much for someone who has just as much chance to be a bust as he does to be a top 9 and as he does to be a star. too much risk in trading a guy like McCaron, who also has just as much as a chance to be a bust, top 9 or 1st liner (don't think the guy will be a star).

Pretty much nailed it.

The growing trend of entitled brats that think everything should be handed to them will be an interesting dilemma that the NHL will have a fun time handling.

Does this kid realize who his GM is? He's very lucky he's not playing in Detroit. AHL would be his home for the next 5 years.

dreamingofdrouin*

lets swap galchnyuk, juulsen, 1st, scherbak, for stamkos and drouin :yo:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Andrighetto+Scherbak+Tinordi+1st for Drouin

Over payment, maybe
Worth it, yup

Plus I'd start talking to them about Stamkos... just to get the ball rolling.
Personally, I'd rather have Stamkos

Andrighetto + Scherback + Tinordi + 1st for Drouin

yet the Preds just landed RyJo for one asset

This is complete madness

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Andrighetto + Scherback + Tinordi + 1st for Drouin

yet the Preds just landed RyJo for one asset

This is complete madness

There is no comparison to be drawn from the Ryjo trade.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Ghetto or Eller, Scherbak and a 1st or Tinordi is more than enough to which means it's not nearly enough.

Just saying, he has 6 goals in over 90 games here. A little perspective please. He hasn't proven ANYTHING so let's not empty the farm for him.

Would still rather have Staal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There is no comparison to be drawn from the Ryjo trade.

You missed the point...fine, how about Kyle Turris, go look at what the Sens paid to acquire him

I'd love Drouin...but wouldn't be prepared to pay much beyond some B level prospects and mid round picks, anything else is completely crazy.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Tyler Seguin 2.0?!?!

Drouin's looking more like he'll be Joffrey Lupul 2.0.

No overpayments pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad