Rumor: Drance of The Athletic Van - Mike Hoffman wants to go to team "x" but team "x" needs to move cap

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Canucks fluke out into an expanded playoffs and go to game 7 of round 2...fans have high hopes this off season they can get rid of dead weight and improve team, especially when contracts are cheap and short term (something GM JB doesn't know) Yet here we sit going into another year with nothing but dead weight dragging the team down AND we likely got worse while sitting on our hands.

Rave all you want about JB finishing 6th in GM vote...guy put the team in cap hell, everyone LAUDS his drafting, Hughes was the obvious pick, EP was a nice choice obviously but I am sure Gradin had way more say on the player vs the couple times JB saw him.

All in all, Canucks can't do shit, might as well lock this pointless thread up.

2 more years of experience for the kids then things should look up once all the dead weight is gone!!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Waiting on FL to get Weegar signed, then they’ll know how much is cap is left to make a short term offer to Hoff.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
thank G-d you are here for us . I was just sitting here playing dominoes while eating Domino’s . I hope that’s correct.

Hoffman to the Sharks for 1 year is as good of a guess as any .

I might just be peeing in the wind here, but maybe one by one we can spread the difference of "I am biased" or "I have a bias". Not the endless amounts of "I am bias" I see on here.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Vancouver did not utilize their free buyout, which means, Hoffman is probably off the list unless some team is willing to trade for one of our overpaid players which won't happen because he's been trying to do that, and has happened so we are officially off the Hoffman sweepstake.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Why the hell would Hoffman sign a show me deal?? He's not going to improve on his recent totals.

Because we’re in 2020 and it’s a very special year. It’s a very bad timing for UFA because the market it what it is right now.

No team is going to « overpay » him for 4 or 5 years like it could have been the case in a normal year.

But the way it goes, not sure if the market is going to be better in one or two years from now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Vancouver did not utilize their free buyout, which means, Hoffman is probably off the list unless some team is willing to trade for one of our overpaid players which won't happen because he's been trying to do that, and has happened so we are officially off the Hoffman sweepstake.
Which proves, on this matter, Drance was “out to lunch.”

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Doubt it. Too many forwards signed and this isn’t the year to go all in.

Holland/McDavid supposedly have a plan. Next off season the Oilers can radically restructure when they have tons of cap.
I doubt it too, (and quite frankly I'm not a fan of the idea of getting him) but maybe the salary situation to resolve is waiting of Klefbom's LTIR status

Reactions: voxel

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils make some sense . If on a one year . He will get tons of icetime , PP1 , no pressure playing in a huge market and team isn’t expected to compete. Put up decent numbers and come trade deadline he can be traded to a contender and show what he has in the playoffs. Cash in next year.
This is only if the Devils are not able to capitalize on getting a good piece or two by waiting it out on teams in cap trouble . I’d prefer the Devils wait and see what will happen with Tampa’s situation and Islanders etc. I’d rather wait on that before losing that opportunity by signing Hoffman now (with the huge assumption he would even want to )

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
At this point Hoffman should go the Hall route and sign a 1 year deal and hope things are better next year.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
At this point Hoffman should go the Hall route and sign a 1 year deal and hope things are better next year.

They won’t be. Even less money to go around next season without the 70 games of full attendance .

Reactions: jd22

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Its funny how chill Hoffman is

How long is he going to wait to sign something?

Teams are settling their lineups as we speak

Just very non chalant it seems like

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dude thought he was going to cash in and came to find nobody was going to give him anywhere close to what he wanted...

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Whichever team adds him is getting a guaranteed +20 goals to their GF count; maybe even upwards of +30 depending on supporting players on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad