Rumor: Drance of The Athletic Van - Mike Hoffman wants to go to team "x" but team "x" needs to move cap

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
It's only bad management when you lose one or more of those great players when its time to pay them, like St.Louis adding Faulk and losing Pietrangelo over it. So far that hasn't happened in Vancouver. We'll see the fate of Boeser for instance but there is still time to make everything work. Even another bridge to wait out Eriksson

Well he might have told them he wasn’t going to resign with them, most of the time the team and players keep it quiet.
For some reason they felt the need to target and sign other Dmen, I doubt they did it for no reason
Once a guy tells you he is going to test the market the chances of him staying are seriously reduced

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Before most of the RFA signing or done nothing will happen, i think most GM and Teams will wait and see. How much cap everyone has, what must be transfered for a sign who can do it and need it.
We have already 7 Teams a slight over the Cap

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Now, this is beside the point and the Hoffs Q, but the point about strawberries isn't trivial. For starters, there's the question of big garden strawberries v small wild strawberries. Which one packs more taste and what kind?

Overall, is a sweet topping like crepe or just simpler whipped cream the good fit? Should you sugar up what isn't by taste dark like chocolate or bitter like limes?

Berries like strawberry are sweet and simple. Blackberries fit in too. If you support the flavor type you won't try to contradict it in the kitchen.

Lingonberry, a different story already. The go-with isn't dessert, it's more like veal or reindeer. A rarity like cloudberry, you really bring up your cook book.

Strawberry crepes, give me a break. There's a reason fighting is allowed in hockey.

You alright?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't like Hoffman for the Habs. We will lose two productive assets to sign him and that is three steps forward and two steps back.

I prefer Granlund or Haula for 3 or 2 rather then Hoffman for 5. Our weakest link is Byron and while I don't think that Granlund/Huala will pop 30, they are an upgrade and probably 5-7 goals more.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Now, this is beside the point and the Hoffs Q, but the point about strawberries isn't trivial. For starters, there's the question of big garden strawberries v small wild strawberries. Which one packs more taste and what kind?

Overall, is a sweet topping like crepe or just simpler whipped cream the good fit? Should you sugar up what isn't by taste dark like chocolate or bitter like limes?

Berries like strawberry are sweet and simple. Blackberries fit in too. If you support the flavor type you won't try to contradict it in the kitchen.

Lingonberry, a different story already. The go-with isn't dessert, it's more like veal or reindeer. A rarity like cloudberry, you really bring up your cook book.

Strawberry crepes, give me a break. There's a reason fighting is allowed in hockey.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
So I’m assuming he wants to go to a team where he will get to play with some quality players so he can pad his stats for next season? Assuming he’s looking at taking a 1 year deal.

Seems like he waited too long to accept an offer and now “team x” is having a hard time shedding the salary that he would demand.

I’d just suck it up, take a 1 year deal somewhere that he’ll get to play with good line mates and try again next year.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He definitely isn't going to Montreal. Most likely not a Canadian team. Can see Nashville, sharks , Dallas, blues all having serious interest.

Reactions: violaswallet

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
ide bet theylet peiterangelo walk because they dont think he can maintain this level for anywhere near 7 years .mean while krug has like 250 fewer games on the clock while also plays a game that adds up to less abuse than pieterangelo takes = logic dictates krug has more good seasons in him

I don’t think that’s what logic dictates at all.

Reactions: wintersej

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Dominate is something you do, not something you are. Dominant is the word you wanted.

thank G-d you are here for us . I was just sitting here playing dominoes while eating Domino’s . I hope that’s correct.

Hoffman to the Sharks for 1 year is as good of a guess as any .

Reactions: covfefe

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
thank G-d you are here for us . I was just sitting here playing dominoes while eating Domino’s . I hope that’s correct.

Hoffman to the Sharks for 1 year is as good of a guess as any .
I don’t think it is actually as good of a guess as any, because of that Karlsson stuff from a few years ago. Guesses placing Hoffman on teams without Karlsson on them are obviously superior to those placing him in San Jose.
PS- you did well with the dominoes/Domino’s thing. It probably places you in the 95th-ish percentile around here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->