Draisaitl vs. Matthews

Who will score more goals this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I love how “Matthews doesn’t have good enough teammates” is now a thing after years of hearing about how good Nylander is and how Hyman is an elite two way player and Marner is the best winger in the league and Kapanen is a legit first line forward and Rielly deserved the Norris and Barrie is the best OFD in the league and Muzzin is better than any defenceman on the Oilers and Andersen deserved the Vezina and Matthews carries this team
It's easy to be outraged when you just flat out make stuff up, eh?

Matthews is a poor passer. If you’re wondering why his linemates don’t put up better numbers, it’s because he plays more like a shoot first ask questions second winger than an elite 1C. Get puck. Shoot puck. Get puck again. Shoot puck again. Watching him play there doesn’t seem to be much thought about puck distribution.
This is a complete fabrication. You clearly don't watch Matthews at all.

Matthews is a great passer. It's just not the role that is most efficient for his team. Your claim doesn't even make any sense because his linemates should still be getting assists if they're contributing so much to Matthews' success.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
As much as it pains me to say, drai will probably end up with more goals.

That's sad when you consider that goal scoring is literally the one thing that auston has going for him. Passing and playmaking, leon is easily ahead. Then you take contracts into account and it becomes rather funny. As a leafs fan, not the good kind of funny.

Dubas must be the running joke around the league right now.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Yes, I'm sure that's the reason.

Your ignorance is showing.

Ignorance? He cheats for offense, not uncommon for young players but the fact is is that Draisitl plays a 200ft game, Mathews does not. I like the unprompted insult though, top notch character you are.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
It's easy to be outraged when you just flat out make stuff up, eh?

This is a complete fabrication. You clearly don't watch Matthews at all.

Matthews is a great passer. It's just not the role that is most efficient for his team. Your claim doesn't even make any sense because his linemates should still be getting assists if they're contributing so much to Matthews' success.

It’s far easier to just flat out deny those hyperbolic claims because they look bad now.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Draisaitl is currently the best player in the world this year, and was a 50 goalscorer and had over 100 points.

He is simply amazing. He has stepped up is defensive game and also become the Oilers go to penalty killer.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Those 5 assists this year are a true sign of a playmaker. Lucic makes a nice pass from time to time but that does not make him a playmaker...
It takes more than a good pass to result in an assist. That's also not his primary role for good reason.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Homer extraordinaire Jeff Odog O'Neil just tweeted that Draisaitl is the best player in the world. Take that as you may.
at one point he said that Point was Tampa Bays best player last year. Take every thing he say with a massive grain of salt.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
[QUOTE="Sidney the Kidney, post: ]

I think Leo Komarov scored that, that might be from his rookie season lol. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad