#51 Hirvonen C
#58 Kleven LD
#63 Wiesblatt RW
#65 Pashin RW
#113 Nickl RD
#125 Gut C
#156 Zaitsev LD
#187 Bednar G
there are so many possible steals in late rounds , would make sense to trade down just like last year

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
#4 Stutzle C
#32 Bourque C
#51 Hirvonen C
#58 Kleven LD
#63 Wiesblatt RW
#65 Pashin RW
#113 Nickl RD
#125 Gut C
#156 Zaitsev LD
#187 Bednar G
there are so many possible steals in late rounds , would make sense to trade down just like last year
If we get Bourque at 32 I'd be estatic, Zaitsev is another pick I'm very keen in seeing were he ends up.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
(4) Jake Sanderson, LD
(32) Lukas Reichel, LW/C
(51) Ridly Greig, LW
(58) Theodor Niederbach, C
(63) Luke Evangelista, RW
(65) Emil Heineman, LW
(113) Ronan Seeley, LD
(125) Samuel Johannesson, RD
(156) Viktor Persson, RD
(187) Jan Bednar, G
I’m starting to not hate Sanderson so much. I think he’s fit well as the steady partner for hronek on the second pair.

Power - Seider
Sanderson - hronek
McIsaac - Lindstrom

cholo, tuomisto, etc

looks pretty good

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
08113E7D-1A3B-4E52-95AB-50CC335098E7.jpeg
A6411341-9313-4D6C-AEA8-13BB39C9448D.jpeg
Stevie goes nuts and decides to keep trading and depending on the wings scouts and is done with the nhl screwing them over year after year

Sorry got the pics mixed up , haha

Reactions: lilidk

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
(4) Jake Sanderson, LD
(32) Lukas Reichel, LW/C
(51) Ridly Greig, LW
(58) Theodor Niederbach, C
(65) Emil Heineman, LW
(113) Ronan Seeley, LD
(156) Viktor Persson, RD
(187) Jan Bednar, G

Do you think the Wings might be able to trade back and still get Sanderson? Do you think it's possible that the Devils, Ducks, Sabers, Hawks, Wild or Jets want to jump the Sens on Drysdale? I know the draft is D heavy next year, but Drysdale is plug and play by all accounts, which is why I'd be happy with him at #4.

That said, I like what I see from this Sanderson, and wouldn't be upset with him, but I'd be shocked to see him at #4... but with how Seider is working out, I trust Yzerman and any perceived reaches he makes.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
#4 Stutzle C
#32 Bourque C
#51 Hirvonen C
#58 Kleven LD
#63 Wiesblatt RW
#65 Pashin RW
#113 Nickl RD
#125 Gut C
#156 Zaitsev LD
#187 Bednar G

The hype train for Stuzle really started after hockey stopped, so I can definitely see both the Kings and Sens passing on him. Heck, I could see both teams pass on Byfield. His lacking advanced stats (by comparison to the other top prospects) and the anticipated length in development might be too much for those teams, depending on where they see themselves.

I honestly don't think the top 3 are as locked as most let on. The delay in the lottery and draft only accentuate the clandestine efforts of NHL teams to make the draft fall as they wish. This is shaping up to be the most polarized and over hyped drafts in NHL history.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Do you think the Wings might be able to trade back and still get Sanderson? Do you think it's possible that the Devils, Ducks, Sabers, Hawks, Wild or Jets want to jump the Sens on Drysdale? I know the draft is D heavy next year, but Drysdale is plug and play by all accounts, which is why I'd be happy with him at #4.

That said, I like what I see from this Sanderson, and wouldn't be upset with him, but I'd be shocked to see him at #4... but with how Seider is working out, I trust Yzerman and any perceived reaches he makes.

I don't think so.
Sanderson is going to go top 6.
He may or may not go as high as four. But I really doubt he'd drop below that.
Trading down is exceedingly hard. Someone has to be motivated to trade up to your spot, and they've got to have what you need in return.

What could happen, perhaps, is the Kings take Drysdale- buying into all the Doughty comparisons - dropping Stutzle or Byfield to us.
The Devils is the one team that has picks to trade. But their 2nd pick might be too high for it to work.

Reactions: avssuc

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
I don't think so.
Sanderson is going to go top 6.
He may or may not go as high as four. But I really doubt he'd drop below that.
Trading down is exceedingly hard. Someone has to be motivated to trade up to your spot, and they've got to have what you need in return.

What could happen, perhaps, is the Kings take Drysdale- buying into all the Doughty comparisons - dropping Stutzle or Byfield to us.
The Devils is the one team that has picks to trade. But their 2nd pick might be too high for it to work.

Sounds good to me, sign me up! I always like his dad, and it looks like their skating is both genetic and amazing.

Out of curiosity, why not take Drysdale at 4? Is it because of the log jam at right D? Is there a scenario where you take him at 4?

Reactions: MBH

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The hype train for Stuzle really started after hockey stopped, so I can definitely see both the Kings and Sens passing on him.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s true at all. He definitely gained some buzz at the WJC. I’m not really expecting him to all out of the top 3, it seems like Byfield is (somehow) the one that could fall out of the top 3 if anyone.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Sounds good to me, sign me up! I always like his dad, and it looks like their skating is both genetic and amazing.

Out of curiosity, why not take Drysdale at 4? Is it because of the log jam at right D? Is there a scenario where you take him at 4?

At first, it was just because we were set at RD.
But now I'm simply not sold that Drysdale is that good.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah, I don’t think that’s true at all. He definitely gained some buzz at the WJC. I’m not really expecting him to all out of the top 3, it seems like Byfield is (somehow) the one that could fall out of the top 3 if anyone.

I'd guess Byfield too. Stutzle seems to have replaced Byfield as the guy who "might not have Lafreniere's floor, but might have a higher ceiling."

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I remember Seth Jones supposed to go to AVS =1 pick, everyone was saying that, but they took McKinnon instead. Jones went #4.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I remember Seth Jones supposed to go to AVS =1 pick, everyone was saying that, but they took McKinnon instead. Jones went #4.

That was always more of a coin flip and seemed MacKinnon in the actual week running in. What nobody saw was the slide and while Barkov has certainly proved to be worth the assessment Florida put on him though I think Jones is better, the real blunder was by Yzerman in messing up and passing on Jones. Tampa could have Hedman and Jones playing 25+ minutes a night together and I am guessing at least one cup.

It is honestly the biggest mistake Stevie made in Tampa.

Reactions: MBH and lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

This is kind of the problem with Bob’s list. It’s cool to know that 5/10 have Stutzle at 2, but it glosses over the fact that there are teams who have him out of their top 3, top 5. Just browsing the various writers and bloggers with connections with team affiliated scouts, I’ve seen a few comments suggesting that there will be teams who have him out of the top 5 on draft day.

That being said, I don’t particularly want him to fall. I think for a lot of people that will be like a best case scenario at #4, but I’m not one of them. I actually prefer being at #4 to #3 specifically because I would like someone to take Stutzle ahead of us. If Byfield falls that’s a different story.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
That was always more of a coin flip and seemed MacKinnon in the actual week running in. What nobody saw was the slide and while Barkov has certainly proved to be worth the assessment Florida put on him though I think Jones is better, the real blunder was by Yzerman in messing up and passing on Jones. Tampa could have Hedman and Jones playing 25+ minutes a night together and I am guessing at least one cup.

It is honestly the biggest mistake Stevie made in Tampa.

Koekkoek was pretty bad too.
Yzerman hasn't had a top 10 pick really work out yet.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Until last year

Yzerman's top 10 picks
Brett Connolly
Slater Koekkoek
Jonathan Drouin
Moritz Seider

While Seider is promising, that's not a glowing record.

Connolly has turned into a 20-20-40 guy who plays limited minutes. Not good enough at #6.
Koekkoek just set a career high with 42 games and 10 points playing 3rd pairing minutes. Not good enough at #10.
Drouin can't seem to escape 2nd line production. 53 points is a career high and he was on pace for worse last year. Not good enough at #3.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
LA jumped up and took Drysdale.
(4) Tim Stutzle, C
(32) Lukas Reichel, LW/C
(51) Yan Kuznetsov, LD
(58) Ozzy Wiesblatt, RW
(65) Joel Blomqvist, G
(113) Ronan Seeley, LD
(156) Viktor Persson, RD
(187) Dmitri Zlodeyev, C

Reactions: lilidk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How are you guys getting this to have Wings pick 4th with the lottery now determined for 2-8?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad