Speculation: Draft Pick Watch/Lottery Tracker 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
God damn. We are going to need to recall Street and Sustr if we have any hope of competing with that. Can we get Carlyle back for the rest of the year too?

Randy is already on Robidas Island. His current job is to find a nice comfy neighborhood for Kesler to move into and then convince Kes it's the thing to do. He must not be bothered with such an important task at hand.

Reactions: 11Justin93

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
Randy is already on Robidas Island. His current job is to find a nice comfy neighborhood for Kesler to move into and then convince Kes it's the thing to do. He must not be bothered with such an important task at hand.

If he could do that then I would forgive him for all the bullshit games I had to sit through this season.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If he could do that then I would forgive him for all the bull**** games I had to sit through this season.
You're venting your anger at the wrong guy. Bob just pissed away 3 years due to his incompetence in hiring a good coach 3 years ago. There was no excuse under the sun to bring Randy back. Bob was just pissed he had to fire Randy the first time and wanted some revenge on the players that caused it.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
You're venting your anger at the wrong guy. Bob just pissed away 3 years due to his incompetence in hiring a good coach 3 years ago. There was no excuse under the sun to bring Randy back. Bob was just pissed he had to fire Randy the first time and wanted some revenge on the players that caused it.

No doubt. I put some blame on the ownership too. Good coaches have been potentially available but seem to cost more than they are willing to spend. Trotz, Peters, Gallant, Julien, Hitchcock, Quenneville have all been out there over the past few years at least briefly since 2015. Excepting Q, who seems to be weighing options and waiting until summer, if they would have thrown one of them an offer they can't refuse we may be in a very different spot right now.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
No doubt. I put some blame on the ownership too. Good coaches have been potentially available but seem to cost more than they are willing to spend. Trotz, Peters, Gallant, Julien, Hitchcock, Quenneville have all been out there over the past few years at least briefly since 2015. Excepting Q, who seems to be weighing options and waiting until summer, if they would have thrown one of them an offer they can't refuse we may be in a very different spot right now.
It's not even so much a debate as to who the right hire should have been as much as recognizing Randy's time had past. We had an aging core already while still having some good young prospects. It was time to move forward with a blend of youth and experience and a coach who was capable of recognizing that and making it work.

Bob needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize he and Randy are from a different era that no longer works in today's NHL. It's time to move forward.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
How will the tie breaker for #3 be decided if Detroit wins their next game & the Ducks lose their next game & both are at 57 points with 21 ROWs as well as identical 24-32-9 record ?

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Going to be insanely hard to get into the top 3, but the Ducks are doing their best
The odds are actually against us picking top 3 no matter where we finish, since obviously Ottawa is an entirely different level of suck. The most likely draft position is actually one or two spots lower than where you start. Just have to hope the ping pong balls go your way. But I’m happy we’re likely not picking worse than 6th or 7th. That guarantees a shot at a potential 1C if that’s what they’re looking for (which they should be).

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I am liking Byram more and more

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we get the #5 to #7 pick after lottery & it goes: Hughes/Kakko/Byram
this way Murray is forced to pick a Center with Byram already off the board at #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad