Speculation: Draft Pick Watch/Lottery Tracker 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I've been holding off on making a thread on this for awhile because the Western Conference is so horrid, but since the Ducks are officially closer to last place than a playoff spot (have been for a few games now) and it's starting to regularly be brought up in GDTs and the Around the League thread, I figured what better time to start it then now?

NHL standings can be found in the link embedded here. Think of this as your daily update thread to satisfy all of your needs, post as you see fit.

Happy scoreboard watching!

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wings play the flyers in five minutes. If the wings lose in regulation we move back to the fifth pick.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Good place to remind people that the pick selection is not the same as the position in the standings. For instance, we are currently 28/31 teams which on the surface should favor us having the 4th overall, but our highest odds at a pick are actually 6th overall (34%) followed by 5th overall (26%). If the lotto was held today, despite having the 4th worst record we would have nearly a 70% chance at picking 5 through 7 and only a 2.8% chance of actually picking 4th.

Please keep this in mind when talking about our pick position. The highest odds are always actually a spot or two lower than where the team is in the standings.

2019 NHL Draft Lottery Odds | Tankathon

That said...I'm absolutely not opposed to seeing us currently sitting with a 9% chance at each of the top three picks so don't take this as a complaint against wishful thinking for our draft position.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Detroit/LA/NJ/EDM

Those are the teams we need to win games right now.

I’m not sure how feasible it is to catch Ottawa, but we’ll certainly do our best, I’d imagine

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
Some advice: don't live and die with every game. This team's probably going to win 8-15 games down the stretch, same with every other team in that hunt. It's gonna be a brutal two months if you're freaking out every time the Ducks win and the Sens/Kings/Wings/Devils/Oilers/Yotes lose.

This x1000000. Like seriously, the amount of people who were complaining about beating Vancouver, did they honestly think the team was going to lose out in regulation over the final 25 games?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Some advice: don't live and die with every game. This team's probably going to win 8-15 games down the stretch, same with every other team in that hunt. It's gonna be a brutal two months if you're freaking out every time the Ducks win and the Sens/Kings/Wings/Devils/Oilers/Yotes lose.
I'll be surprised if we even win 8 games to be honest. We have how man games left? 24? That would be a 33% win rate, which would sadly be a massive improvement. I'll say we win 5 more games, take a couple others to OT.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Oh Philly, just go back to eating cheesesteaks, let Detroit tie it up at least & go to OT please
Now is the perfect time for Nyquist to get his 2nd goal of game to up both his trade value & help the Wings win.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Detroit gets at least a OT point !
Possible Future Duck Mantha scores his 2nd goal of the game to tie it up for Detroit vs PhillyCheeseSteaks 5-5.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota

Especially when it’s a lottery. It’s not like getting to last place guarantees you your choice of Hughes or Kakko. It just changes the odds a little bit. Even tanking to dead last leaves you a little worse than 50/50 to be in the top 3

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
no shame in rooting for the tank

this franchise needs a future franchise C far more than it needs another 1st round exit

They need all the players they have under contract for several more years to start playing like good NHLers even more than they need the top pick

TheGoodShepard1

Nov 26, 2017
They need all the players they have under contract for several more years to start playing like good NHLers even more than they need the top pick

I worry primarily about the defensemen, whom I still think can rebound in the right system. With the exception of Getzlaf and Henrique maintaining a 40-45 point pace, I think most of the forwards are sunk costs.

Reactions: KyleJRM

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
We're lower than the LOLilers!!!
phillipsyoudontsay.png

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Yeah I am all for a top pick, but a top pick isn't going to make our highest paid Dman not look like the most timid player in the league

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I worry primarily about the defensemen, whom I still think can rebound in the right system. With the exception of Getzlaf and Henrique maintaining a 40-45 point pace, I think most of the forwards are sunk costs.

well kesler and perry you can stick a fork in

i think the rest of the forwards can do fine under a good coach. same goes with guys like montour, lindholm, and manson. fowler is the big what if

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If you want pointers on how to root for the tank, mosey on over to the Kings board. They have turned it into an art form. Pretty pathetic really.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Colorado now has the 8th & the 1st. They could get both Hughes & Krebs (or Podkolzin if he falls to them) At worst they could have the 1st drop to 4th overall & the 8th to 10th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad