Speculation: Draft Pick Watch/Lottery Tracker 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The team was never bad enough to get into the top 5. Even under Carlyle they would have pulled out of the nosedive, maybe not to the degree that they did, but it would have happened. The lotto was and is our only route there. This isn't a bottom five roster. It shouldn't even be in the bottom 15.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The team was never bad enough to get into the top 5. Even under Carlyle they would have pulled out of the nosedive, maybe not to the degree that they did, but it would have happened. The lotto was and is our only route there. This isn't a bottom five roster. It shouldn't even be in the bottom 15.
Yeah, through it all they missed the playoffs by five wins. That's nothing.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
The problem with “a” franchise player is that nearly every franchise has one and a lot of those franchises don’t come close to winning a cup.

Toronto is a great example of having not 1 but 2 franchise players, a decent goalie, and HOF coach and they probably won’t come out of the East. In all fairness they also had to overcome both Burke and Carlyle, but I digress. You need to get lucky with late 1st and 2nd/3rd round picks, and smart timely trades.

John

Oct 18, 2011
How, exactly? His emergence was because he scored goals and assisted on goals, which led to Duck wins.
I'm saying he could've been scoring in losses and it would be just the same as scoring in wins. You guys can attempt to defend these meaningless wins but they do nothing to help this team moving forward. What we really needed is a franchise player and now it'll be alot harder to find that

Anaheim could've been pushing for a playoff spot if the GM acted sooner. We just suffered thru a trash season and don't even have a high pick to show for it

Reactions: Dmang714

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'm saying he could've been scoring in losses and it would be just the same as scoring in wins. You guys can attempt to defend these meaningless wins but they do nothing to help this team moving forward. What we really needed is a franchise player and now it'll be alot harder to find that

Anaheim could've been pushing for a playoff spot if the GM acted sooner. We just suffered thru a trash season and don't even have a high pick to show for it

The reason they were wins and not losses is because of his goals, and because other players who will be a part of the team's future also showed improvement. This is a good thing. This helps the team moving forward more than a shiny new toy prospect (which we're getting anyway, it just could have been 10% shinier).

Reactions: Deuce22

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
It's interesting to me that there was a run from 2003-2008 where five of the six No. 1 overall picks subsequently won Cups with the team that drafted them, and no one has since. It wasn't *that* common before either. That was just an insane cluster.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Blues-Canucks starts now. Vancouver needs 1 point to jump back in front of us. St. Louis needs a win to guarantee they are at least in the #20 slot. Ideal scenario is a St. Louis OT win.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Blues-Canucks starts now. Vancouver needs 1 point to jump back in front of us. St. Louis needs a win to guarantee they are at least in the #20 slot. Ideal scenario is a St. Louis OT win.
Def not happening lol

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's interesting to me that there was a run from 2003-2008 where five of the six No. 1 overall picks subsequently won Cups with the team that drafted them, and no one has since. It wasn't *that* common before either. That was just an insane cluster.
There were rules changes to prevent the Cap manipulation shenanigans that Chicago and those other teams were pulling off. It’s worked. As has the substantial difference in the quality of the 1st overall picks.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Canucks had a lead with 4 minutes left last game. And they couldn’t even get to OT. That pretty much says it all.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Who puckered when Tarasenko nearly broke through with 5 seconds left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad