Speculation: Draft Pick Watch/Lottery Tracker 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I don't expect to get a top two or three pick but I am definitely hoping the Kings don't either. That's really all I care about aside from not sliding down further than 8th or 9th.

Devils are beating the Panthers 3-1. If New Jersey wins, the result of the Kings game will be irrelevant and LA will finish in the 2nd spot for the lottery on Monday.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
They jumped Carolina, Nashville, and Winnipeg for the time being. However, Columbus is no longer able to catch them, so the LOWEST the pick could be pre-playoffs is #20. We don't want them to win the central, though.

But they could drop to 19, if Vegas or Colorado makes the WCF, and we lose it. If they win the division we have the 23rd, unless StL makes the WCF. If SJ loses today maybe their pick will fall to 21 or 22.

John

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Carolina wins, they jump back ahead of St. Louis. I personally want to see one of Nashville/Winnipeg lose (in any fashion) so the Blues pick sits at #21.

Islanders win, so San Jose can't pass them.

Pittsburgh gets 1 point and passes San Jose, but the Sharks only need 1 point to pass them again.

Toronto up by 1 late in the 3rd. If they hang on and win in any fashion, San Jose can't catch them.

So we want 1 of Nashville/Winnipeg to win tonight. And we want San Jose to lose.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Dont we want the Jets to win?
If you want the Blues pick to be 20th, then yes, you want the Jets to win. I want the pick to be 21st so if a lower seed team makes a run to the conference finals, then the Blues pick drops to 20th. Whereas if that happens when the Blues pick is 20th, then it drops to 19th and the pick stays with Buffalo.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
If you want the Blues pick to be 20th, then yes, you want the Jets to win. I want the pick to be 21st so if a lower seed team makes a run to the conference finals, then the Blues pick drops to 20th. Whereas if that happens when the Blues pick is 20th, then it drops to 19th and the pick stays with Buffalo.
Ty for responding above, so if any lower seed in the east or west advance to the conference finals blues pick drops a spot for each team that does so? Ty in advance for response !

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Ty for responding above, so if any lower seed in the east or west advance to the conference finals blues pick drops a spot for each team that does so? Ty in advance for response !
Correct. So if Winnipeg wins tonight and the Blues pick sits at #20, then that means if just 1 of Columbus, Vegas, Dallas, or Colorado make the conference finals, then the pick goes to #19. And obviously if the Blues make the conference final then the lowest that pick can be is #28. Realistically, the one scenario we want to avoid is both San Jose and St. Louis making the conference finals.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Correct. So if Winnipeg wins tonight and the Blues pick sits at #20, then that means if just 1 of Columbus, Vegas, Dallas, or Colorado make the conference finals, then the pick goes to #19. And obviously if the Blues make the conference final then the lowest that pick can be is #28. Realistically, the one scenario we want to avoid is both San Jose and St. Louis making the conference finals.
Ty my man! Looks like jets going to win :/ imo only vegas and Columbus are threats to go to the western con finals, blues nor dallas or colorado going to advance

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Other than Vegas (who is backing into the playoffs even if these games are meaningless), is there anyone who legitimately scares you in this scenario? I’m not really afraid of anyone else since Carolina finished ahead of St. Louis in the standings.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I’m ok with the Blues pick being exactly 20, as long as San Jose loses, which would put that pick at around 23 if I remember correctly. It also would mean that the Jets have home ice against the Blues in the first round, which might be important.

If the Blues pick ends up at 20 and San Jose jumps up to 26, that’s a little more stressful.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Carolina finished ahead of blues( and they are 7th in the east) 1. Flames 2. Sharks 3. Nashvile 4 jets( with jets sein) 5 blues... isnt that #19? What am i missing ?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Carolina finished ahead of blues( and they are 7th in the east) 1. Flames 2. Sharks 3. Nashvile 4 jets( with jets sein) 5 blues... isnt that #19? What am i missing ?
Go the standings page and count up. Blues are 20th when the Jets win.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Pretty much just Vegas
But here's the thing, if Vegas makes it then that means SJ didn't. So not only would we get their pick if necessary, but it would be knocked down at least one.

That's why it's important that SJ loses tonight. If they start at 23, then that's not a bad consolation should the STL pick not transfer. And if it's Vegas that causes it, now the pick is 22. And if Vegas (or SJ) makes it to the conference finals, then that means Colorado didn't. So that's one less team that could push the pick down.

Basically, the only way we can get completely screwed is if both STL and SJ make the conference finals. Or Dallas and SJ, I guess. But I don't see that as particularly likely.

This is too complicated, my head hurts.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
To summarize, we need the Sharks to lose tonight.

Then, these scenarios need to not happen:

STL/SJ conference finals
DAL/SJ conference finals
CBJ/SJ both make conference finals

Reactions: Trojans86

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm not worried about our 2nd first rounder more worried about the lottery

Reactions: Sam Steel
Status
Not open for further replies.