Down Bad: Evander Kane Begging Jake Paul to fight him

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Just look at some of the comments in this thread, he's earned some respect regardless. After Floyd destroys his brother, the question is what happens next, and Evander Kane doesn't enter the equation at all.

Respect maybe but for what? For fighting gimmicks?. Even Floyd is a gimmick. He is 45, He hasnt fought a boxer in 6 years. And despite all that their contract calls for them to have a 30 pound weight difference. Floyd has to be under 160. Paul 190

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
A lot of people aren't realizing that there are 2 Paul brothers, Mayweather is fighting Logan, the one with a 0-1-1 record. Mind you I did watch the last fight and thought he should have gotten the decision but overall he isn't a very good fighter.

Unless they take Floyd up on his offer to fight both of them on the same night.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The Pauls are doing it for the money/views/clicks
Kane won't draw that.

Beg away, it close to me asking to fight a Paul, just a nameless face in
the crowd.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Just look at some of the comments in this thread, he's earned some respect regardless. After Floyd destroys his brother, the question is what happens next, and Evander Kane doesn't enter the equation at all.
Floyd isn't even fighting Jake, he's fighting Logan.

I don't think a Kane/Paul fight would ever happen, but Kane boxed when he was young and is the son of an amateur boxer. I don't know if he'd win but he's boxed in his life.

Edit: my bad, I see you said his brother now. I thought I read on the first post you made that you thought he was fighting Jake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Never understood the purpose of those kind of posts.

"not sure why this is thread worthy"...

I made pretty clear what the purpose was but you either didn’t read it or didn’t care. I think people here need some introspection if they’re constantly bringing up every little thing someone does just to use it as an excuse to shit on the guy.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
Serious question. I'm shocked to find these YouTube boxing matches this paul guy has are considered professional boxing matches... In theory, would Kane need to lose like 11lbs or whatever to get down to 199 and be in the same weight class as Paul?

6'1 190 vs 6'2 210 in boxing is a pretty big difference, no?

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Neither of the Paul’s have earned any respect from anyone. The only reason their fights draw is because no one respects them and just want to see their asses handed to them.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Biggest part of Pauls successing is the exact people here "laughing" how ridiculous they are and the "i had to google Paul" guys. People love to hate them, in a time where hating and cancelling people is cool and livid. People will pay anything to see them get destroyed, and they will ride the wave to the end and retire with gazillion dollars of money.

I too think its scary and stupid that they have caught so much spark on just being idiots, but I have to respect what they have achieved. Im curious how far it all can go. Its sort of like the modern day Jackass, but with social media on their tool they are taking it to the next level and beyond.

Its a hockey forum so surely there will be people on Kanes corner, but the fact is that Askren is a real fighter who has been through lot of real wars, and Kane is not. And you can disrespect Jake Paul as a fighter as much as you want, but the reality is that he is real enough to take the attention of likes of Mayweather.

Like most have said, this is not something Kane should be spending his time on. He is not even remotely big of a fish to draw attention from the Pauls, and if he somehow manages to get on their radar they have the power to destroy Kane both in social media and on the boxing rink. Its not worth it for Kane, and anyways if he doesnt understand his contract will deny him from taking it to the end I dont know what to say. Its lot of noice from Kane for nothing, lose-lose. Or maybe he is just somewhat trying to get on that wave himself and try to get attention to get more followers and find ways to turn that into money somehow.

Interesting to see their exit-strategy for all this, when it comes to that. And also if they eventually will make a comeback, as I think they understand the mood of masses well. Maybe they'll come back apolozising and sorry, and save some puppies and do charity and their 15m followers and 15m haters will welcome them with open arms, as people also do like to forgive and see people "change".

I remember mocking the Kardsian reality tv gong show shit that my wife, and other women she knows obsess on. Then I found out they were pulling down in the range of $50 million a year (in the early days) and I realized the joke was on (hey boomer) me.

I am not aware of the Paul brand/ business model but I have learned that people can make a shit tone of money now in seemingly odd ways and it doesn’t matter whether I get it or not because it exists. The google search I did says these brothers are each worth about 17 million (2020 estimate) and if that’s accurate then they are doing well but it’s not f*** you money yet. Interesting that initially the money flowed from add revenue which I assume is linked to follower benchmarking. Very interesting that they pivoted into the ring I assume to draw more attention and followers.

Paying to see a loud mouth get squashed has historically drawn money. It’s why Ali adopted the persona of legendary wrestling heel gorgeous George. He was a true master at the act. Kind of similar to McGregor’s gig where you do the loud, brash, bad guy and become highly polarizing to draw buy rates.

Seems like you have the pulse on this a bit. As an outsider are these guys heels or baby faces or is it a hybrid love them or hate them approach.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
People acting like Ben Askren is some household name too. Foh with that
This reminds me of when Toney fought Couture in the UFC. Then after the fight Dana White made a point to say never any boxers fighting again as they aren't good enough for UFC.

Not like Toney was at the height of his career or anything. Neither was Couture, but it clearly wasn't a matchup where you can say no to straight boxers

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
As we all know, Evander Kane is in a massive amount of debt. So the man has now resorted to going on Twitter to beg Jake Paul to fight him.

Is this fight going to happen? Would you watch it? Would the NHL allow him to do it while he's under contract? Do you even care?

I don't watch any other sports besides boxing and hockey, but I'm sure literally nobody outside of the small, hockey audience in the US knows who Evander Kane is; it wouldn't be profitable unless it's an NBA/NFL/MLBer.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Why does everything Kane does need its own main boards thread? Do you guys need a regular fix of shitting on someone you love to hate?
The funny thing is that most people here probably want to like him (simply for knocking out Cooke), it's just hard to have sympathy for someone who threw away a fortune like this.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I remember hearing a story a few years ago about a financial consultant who works with NBA players. There were (are?) apparently lots of rich players who squandered their money in various ways and this guy had a system that they had to buy into, so to speak. You have an everyday driver (type of car) and your one "toy". One toy, not twelve. There were obviously a bunch of other parts to the plan, but you get the point.

I figure that the very first thing a pro athlete should do is hire a reputable financial consultant of some type. To at least take a long hard look at the real numbers and what to do, and not to do, with your money.
They could just buy what they need and then a little more. You don't need a consultant to know you can't spend more than you have. Millions manage without it. Half a functioning brain is a prerequisite, though. What the hell do you need 12 cars for anyway?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The funny thing is that most people here probably want to like him (simply for knocking out Cooke), it's just hard to have sympathy for someone who threw away a fortune like this.

I'm not even saying you need to have sympathy for the guy. It's just weird to discuss so much of his non-hockey life in a clearly slanted way.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad