Down Bad: Evander Kane Begging Jake Paul to fight him

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Kane does not have to be the draw, Jake Paul is the draw. Ben Askren was a retired out of shape UFC fighter and for 3 minutes and one weak KO punch got the biggest payday of his career.
Askren is incredible at selling fights and is great on social media.

If Paul’s camp will chooses someone who isn’t a boxer then they will 100% choose someone who can sell a fight and is a draw.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I seriously can't keep up anymore

These paul brother have it made.
they have UFC, Professional boxers, other celebrities calling them out.

Tyson fury is now in on it.
There is definitely some crazy money in this industry

Kane doesnt have the following needed.
Bieber did comment though which helps his case.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
rBZUawj.png
Post of the year LOL

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There are people calling Jake Paul a legit boxer in this thread :laugh:

Maybe i’ll start knocking out video gamers and people twice my age with ZERO boxing experience and become a ”legit boxer” myself.

Jake Paul has not, and will not fight a boxer or someone his size. He never even has sparred with someone his size

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

Maybe i’ll start knocking out video gamers and people twice my age with ZERO boxing experience and become a ”legit boxer” myself.

Jake Paul has not, and will not fight a boxer or someone his size. He never even has sparred with someone his size

It's so true.. but as annoying as it is, the kid is absolutely brilliant. He is fighting guys way smaller than him and guys that aren't boxers and is making an absolute insane amount of money.

The sport of boxing has been a dying breed for many years now(since UFC took over pretty much) and now he is putting boxing back on the map.

It's entertaining to see him play such a villain during this time. Obviously it's cheesy as hell and everyone knows he will get absolutely demolished if he ever actually fights a boxer but really, why would he???? He will keep fighting smaller random guys and keep making many many millions of dollars... then MAYBE once he fights a certain amount of randoms, he may fight a legit boxer and make probably 10 times the amount he has been.

I found him so annoying when this boxing thing started for him, but honestly now I am kinda enjoying what he is doing. Entertainment is always fun

These fights he is taking part in are basically his sparring matches cause his opponents are complete jokes in the boxing ring... only difference is that he is making a shit ton of cash doing them... every single person will wanna fight him now cause they know they will get a giant payday

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It's so true.. but as annoying as it is, the kid is absolutely brilliant. He is fighting guys way smaller than him and guys that aren't boxers and is making an absolute insane amount of money.

The sport of boxing has been a dying breed for many years now(since UFC took over pretty much) and now he is putting boxing back on the map.

It's entertaining to see him play such a villain during this time. Obviously it's cheesy as hell and everyone knows he will get absolutely demolished if he ever actually fights a boxer but really, why would he???? He will keep fighting smaller random guys and keep making many many millions of dollars... then MAYBE once he fights a certain amount of randoms, he may fight a legit boxer and make probably 10 times the amount he has been.

I found him so annoying when this boxing thing started for him, but honestly now I am kinda enjoying what he is doing. Entertainment is always fun

These fights he is taking part in are basically his sparring matches cause his opponents are complete jokes in the boxing ring... only difference is that he is making a shit ton of cash doing them... every single person will wanna fight him now cause they know they will get a giant payday

It is a pretty clever hack.

Are you a legit boxer........nope.

Do you think you can get people to pay to watch you fight.......yup.

Social media base + a dash of the Kardasians + WWE/Boxing event model.

Reactions: ryerockarola

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016

Two thirds of that equation are things i can't stand

Reactions: ps241

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011

+ do you think you can find someone to wave a bag o'cash at and a) either take a dive or b) get the ref to stop the fight after one good shot is landed on the other non-boxer

Never have I seen 'boxing' matches' commentators openly smoking dope, drinking and most likely doing other drugs (de la Hoya embarrassed himself ah drinking pepsi yeah pepsi)

Reactions: ps241

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Imagine if some Social Media bro decided to train for hockey for a year or two, and showed decent skill and started offering shootout challenges while schooling old school, small stand up goalies and then gloating about it like he's reinventing the sport. We'd hate him too, he's a friggin genius! It would be awesome and I would watch every time, waiting for him to finally face the one modern goalie to stone him.

It's the cool thing for the boxing/fighting world to hate his guts and claim him as an embarrassment, which is short sighted and stupid but they're actually playing right into his 'villain' gameplan as he wants, good going guys

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

If reviving your sport on the back of Jake Paul is what it takes to stay relevant that's pretty sad..

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If reviving your sport on the back of Jake Paul is what it takes to stay relevant that's pretty sad..

I agree 100% that It's ridiculously sad that it's a random youtuber that decided to start boxing out of nowhere that has gotten people interested in boxing again

And now there is this huge thing where different youtubers wanna box each other and now there is a youtubers VS tiktokers event happening pretty soon where a bunch of guys that have never done anyhing athletic in their lives have been training the past few months for boxing matches(and acting like they are all professional athletes now lol)... its so embarrassing to watch these guys spar and trash talk each other... BUT they will make a ton of money doing it and YouTube or TV stations or whatever will make a killing too

Boxing is making a comeback... and it's the youth that have brought it back and all their followers will now want to box too

Logan and Jake Paul are the trendsetters for all these youtubers.. the brothers are brilliant businessmen and making so much money it is ridiculous.. they have gotten all the other social media/youtubers/tiktokers copying their every move

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If Evander Kane wants to make money he should go to Winnipeg and charge everybody ten dollars a pop to throw something at him. I'm sure Winnipeggers will pay $100 each to throw more than one thing at him, possibly more. His debt will be paid off in no time. :sarcasm:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Yep, nailed it on the head. Some people just aren't getting this.

It's the equivalent of a bronze level beer leaguer going to a "Learn How to Play Ice Hockey" clinic and dominating. Would anyone dare to call them "legit"?

And before someone jumps in to mention Ben Askren, despite his MMA career, he never knocked someone out (straight KO, not TKO) with 4 oz gloves in his UFC bouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad