Down Bad: Evander Kane Begging Jake Paul to fight him

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
This reminds me of when Toney fought Couture in the UFC. Then after the fight Dana White made a point to say never any boxers fighting again as they aren't good enough for UFC.

Not like Toney was at the height of his career or anything. Neither was Couture, but it clearly wasn't a matchup where you can say no to straight boxers

Straight boxers can't hang in the UFC, they would just be taken down and mauled or leg-kicked into oblivion.

One leg-kick is all it takes to incapacitate a guy who has never experienced that before.

Then again, all THEY need, is one swing to fully connect - and they probably knock most UFC:ers out.

I see Fury has trained with Nick Diaz, so perhaps he can come over and smack Ngannou.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jake is way too popular now to entertain this offer. There are people all over the place wanting to fight Jake for the pay day now... its not going to happen now Evander

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Serious question. I'm shocked to find these YouTube boxing matches this paul guy has are considered professional boxing matches... In theory, would Kane need to lose like 11lbs or whatever to get down to 199 and be in the same weight class as Paul?

6'1 190 vs 6'2 210 in boxing is a pretty big difference, no?

Paul usually fights guys that are 30 pounds lighter than he is.

Reactions: lokomotiv15

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
A lot of people aren't realizing that there are 2 Paul brothers, Mayweather is fighting Logan, the one with a 0-1-1 record. Mind you I did watch the last fight and thought he should have gotten the decision but overall he isn't a very good fighter.

Unless they take Floyd up on his offer to fight both of them on the same night.

As much as I think Floyd is a douche, if it's serious fight, Floyd floors both guys without breaking a sweat. Mayweather was never a puncher and made his living with defensive boxing, but his technique, stamina, timing, power...everything is eons better than either of the brothers. As a retired 44 year old defensive boxer, he'd still knock both out in one or two rounds in a real fight.

Not only could he fight both the same night, he probably could fight both without a break. Just drop the first one and start with the second one on the fly. And he'd still win, without breaking a sweat.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I'm not even saying you need to have sympathy for the guy. It's just weird to discuss so much of his non-hockey life in a clearly slanted way.
It is odd how there's multiple threads about him that have nothing to do with hockey during a season when he led his team in points with 22 goals and 27 assists (only 7 of which came on the PP) during what was a pretty dismal year for the Sharks.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Kane but he will always have a special place in my heart for dropping Matt Cooke like the sack of shit he was.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Evander Kane is small potatoes to the Paul brothers empire. If Jake is willing to risk his 3-0 record against Floyd Mayweather that's gonna make so much more money than this hypothetical fight.

Isn't it Logan Paul that's fighting Mayweather? I think Jake is the one who fought Nate Robinson and Askren.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
As much as I think Floyd is a douche, if it's serious fight, Floyd floors both guys without breaking a sweat. Mayweather was never a puncher and made his living with defensive boxing, but his technique, stamina, timing, power...everything is eons better than either of the brothers. As a retired 44 year old defensive boxer, he'd still knock both out in one or two rounds in a real fight.

Not only could he fight both the same night, he probably could fight both without a break. Just drop the first one and start with the second one on the fly. And he'd still win, without breaking a sweat.

Mayweather only loses if he takes a dive.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Correct, that is why Jake v. Mayweather after Mayweather defeats Logan would be a much bigger fight.

Has that been announced as a possibility? It would be the first one I'm mildly interested in so far. Doubt I'd pay to watch it though.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Has that been announced as a possibility? It would be the first one I'm mildly interested in so far. Doubt I'd pay to watch it though.

Mayweather has supposedly offered to fight both of them on the same night. Logan has more sense than his brother I guess and has said no to that.

Reactions: Jmo89
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
They could just buy what they need and then a little more. You don't need a consultant to know you can't spend more than you have. Millions manage without it. Half a functioning brain is a prerequisite, though. What the hell do you need 12 cars for anyway?

The reason the person I mentioned is making a killing with his gig is because lots of athletes were doing just that.

A lot of pro athletes "come from nothing". It is not hard for me to believe this is a need.

From Wikipedia

"According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 35% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association (NBA) players, 78% NFL players,[2] and a large percentage of Major League Baseball (MLB) players (4x that of the average U.S. citizen)[3] go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.[4]"

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
As we all know, Evander Kane is in a massive amount of debt. So the man has now resorted to going on Twitter to beg Jake Paul to fight him.

Is this fight going to happen? Would you watch it? Would the NHL allow him to do it while he's under contract? Do you even care?

would I watch it? damn straight I would. Two guys I don't like get into a ring and one of them gets KTFO ? what's not to like ?
the real question is, would I pay for it ?

the answer is no.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He would lose for sure

Definitely not "for sure". Look up Kanes/Kanes family history boxing and hes legit. Hes also taken punches, is bigger than Paul and a conditioned athlete. Kanes family were all boxing gym rats. His cousin had a shot at the heavyweight title and fought at the Olympics for Canada. If Kane gets some prep time I would be very surprised if he loses

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
If Kane is serious with this he has to work his way up the ladder lmao. Nobody really knows who he is. He could actually use his gambling problem as a way to sell himself and his story, because being a hockey player isn't gonna help. He'll need to fight on some undercards and win in convincing fashion before he is seen as a candidate. If he wins and looks good he prob gets ducked tho.

imagine an NHL player, quitting to climb the ladder of the YouTube boxing commission or whatever the promotion is named

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I can't feel bad for Kane. I just continue to laugh at him because Winnipeggers knew him as someone who'd flex but always walk out on his tabs while insulting Winnipeg in such a gutless way.

What he should've done before the bankruptcy was start a YouTube channel vlogging. Might of taken care of half his debts if all went well and you know one is pathetic when Jake Paul doesn't see anything out of you.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The reason the person I mentioned is making a killing with his gig is because lots of athletes were doing just that.

A lot of pro athletes "come from nothing". It is not hard for me to believe this is a need.

From Wikipedia

"According to a 2009 Sports Illustrated article, 35% of National Football League (NFL) players are either bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement and an estimated 60% of National Basketball Association (NBA) players, 78% NFL players,[2] and a large percentage of Major League Baseball (MLB) players (4x that of the average U.S. citizen)[3] go bankrupt within five years after leaving their sport.[4]"
That's incredible. Maybe I will become a financial advisor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad