Down Bad: Evander Kane Begging Jake Paul to fight him

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Is the Mayweather match going to happen? Floyd should be able to curbstomp Paul. Even with the size difference.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I thought Askern got paid less than a million to take the dive? If so, how will this help Kane get out of his hole?

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Kane's bankruptcy is tied to primarily to the contract, and not to kane himself according to court records.

So him trying to get one sort of payday with his fame may work, but I doubt it.
But him fighting would void the contract with San Jose, and may open him up to more litigation to go after even more of his assets.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
In my eyes that is what I am suggesting.

Anyways, millions of other adults do not manage their own economy well. And most adults who do manage their finances to great success were not rich as 21-23 year olds. And if they were, 95/100 times that is inherited wealth, which is clearly not the same.
You might have something there with the age thing. They say that your brains ability to assess consequences isn't fully developed until around 25. That's why you shouldn't be able to vote until you hit that age.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Paul hasn't boxed a single pro. How in the world did you come to this conclusion?

Most fighters with an amateur background in decent shape would put either of the Paul Bros to sleep....

He's sparring good boxers and is holding his own. He also got the best of Mike Perry when they sparred. Alrough not a boxer, Perry is a high level fighter in the UFC.

Askren was too, but it reslly doesn't mean anything since he never actually used his hands for anything except grappling.

Guess we'll see HOW legit Paul is, in his next fight.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
He's sparring good boxers and is holding his own. He also got the best of Mike Perry when they sparred. Alrough not a boxer, Perry is a high level fighter in the UFC.

Askren was too, but it reslly doesn't mean anything since he never actually used his hands for anything except grappling.

Guess we'll see HOW legit Paul is, in his next fight.

You realize the good boxers you reference are on his payroll?

They are brought into his camp to make him look good.

The minute he goes toe to toe with a skilled fighter that has bad intentions, the jig is up.

They’ll continue cherry picking opponents that make him look like something. Even a lower ranked welterweight who is an actual pro would tune him up.

Reactions: Voight

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Is the Mayweather match going to happen? Floyd should be able to curbstomp Paul. Even with the size difference.

AFAIK the match is still happening, but Mayweather isn't going to give Paul a beat down, his whole thing is to cause drama with guys who aren't boxers to drive up PPV pre-sales, then when the match is clearly out of hand, drag it out and let the guy get a few pity shots in before it ends

If McGregor couldn't get him to break a sweat, Paul isn't either. This is just cashing in on notoriety

Likewise, Paul isn't going to fight Evander Kane because people outside of hockey don't know who he is, so it wouldn't bring in money

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Kane's bankruptcy is tied to primarily to the contract, and not to kane himself according to court records.

So him trying to get one sort of payday with his fame may work, but I doubt it.
But him fighting would void the contract with San Jose, and may open him up to more litigation to go after even more of his assets.
What fame? Aside from NHL fans, no one knows about or cares who E Kane is. He isn't going to get a fight with Paul as no one would buy it.

Mar 26, 2010
Kane looking to clear that Las Vegas tab he has going :laugh:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Biggest part of Pauls successing is the exact people here "laughing" how ridiculous they are and the "i had to google Paul" guys. People love to hate them, in a time where hating and cancelling people is cool and livid. People will pay anything to see them get destroyed, and they will ride the wave to the end and retire with gazillion dollars of money.

I too think its scary and stupid that they have caught so much spark on just being idiots, but I have to respect what they have achieved. Im curious how far it all can go. Its sort of like the modern day Jackass, but with social media on their tool they are taking it to the next level and beyond.

Its a hockey forum so surely there will be people on Kanes corner, but the fact is that Askren is a real fighter who has been through lot of real wars, and Kane is not. And you can disrespect Jake Paul as a fighter as much as you want, but the reality is that he is real enough to take the attention of likes of Mayweather.

Like most have said, this is not something Kane should be spending his time on. He is not even remotely big of a fish to draw attention from the Pauls, and if he somehow manages to get on their radar they have the power to destroy Kane both in social media and on the boxing rink. Its not worth it for Kane, and anyways if he doesnt understand his contract will deny him from taking it to the end I dont know what to say. Its lot of noice from Kane for nothing, lose-lose. Or maybe he is just somewhat trying to get on that wave himself and try to get attention to get more followers and find ways to turn that into money somehow.

Interesting to see their exit-strategy for all this, when it comes to that. And also if they eventually will make a comeback, as I think they understand the mood of masses well. Maybe they'll come back apolozising and sorry, and save some puppies and do charity and their 15m followers and 15m haters will welcome them with open arms, as people also do like to forgive and see people "change".

Last edited:

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Wow hes totally off the deep end. Pretty sad. Relegated to starting fights on social media in the hopes of being a picked by some sideshow act.

Insane how much cash this guy wasted in his life. Seems his pride went with it.

Maybe the sharks hope he gets into the fight so they can terminate his contract.
Why would they want to terminate their leading scorer.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why would they want to terminate their leading scorer.

It's not about them wanting to terminate him it's about him putting himself in a situation where he could get seriously hurt away from the ice and as a result not be able to meet his contractual obligations.

He would be in breach of his contract in such a case and it could be easily terminated by the team.

A fight where you may make $500k isn't worth risking however many 10's of millions he has left on his NHL deal.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why do posters need to cry and snivel when something gets discussed in a main board thread that they dont like? Is anyone forcing you to read it?

Nobody forcing me to read it doesn't make the question any less valid and for you it's a way to avoid the question.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
LOL 3-0. He has not fought a real boxer yet.

Just look at some of the comments in this thread, he's earned some respect regardless. After Floyd destroys his brother, the question is what happens next, and Evander Kane doesn't enter the equation at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->