News Article: Dorion says all players but ek and stone available

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Chabot is nowhere near McAvoy defensively, playing with Chara is also a big plus.

I am not so sure about Chabot being utterly mis-handled honestly. I certainly thinks he should play more but be isn't very good defensively and that matters when your team is expected to compete and ends up bottom 3.

I was more thinking about their forwards when I made the post (Pastrnak, Heinen, Debrusk, etc), but it kinda applies to Chabot as well I guess.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Chabot is nowhere near McAvoy defensively, playing with Chara is also a big plus.

I am not so sure about Chabot being utterly mis-handled honestly. I certainly thinks he should play more but be isn't very good defensively and that matters when your team is expected to compete and ends up bottom 3.

I don't think Chabot has been worse defensively than Oduya and Claesson. Besides that, his offensive ability far outweighs any shortcomings he has without the puck.

Reactions: Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Also his Cap hit remains (for three more season) at $7 M, but actual money paid starts to decline after this season.

BUT, there is still the NMC, and he would have to agree to waive it.

The NMC contains a modified NTC, meaning Dion can name 12 teams he is allowed to be traded to.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Smith is honestly probably one of the last guys out the door.

I'd rate his chances of being dealt as "slim-to-none".

That would be too bad.

He's 29 and signed to a pretty good deal. Has been here the longest of any active player iirc. Time to cut the cord and force feed someone else (i.e. Someone more worthy) top 6 minutes and linemates.

Would be a good complimentary add for any contending team.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Hoffman is on pace for 55 pts
In the worst season of team’s history

Could easily see him get 65 + on a normal year
I know he’s not Patrice Bergeron but
Not sure we want to get rid of 60-70 pts

Those players are hard to get

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Considering he's never actually hit 60 points, besides pace, that's not what we would be trading. Nevermind 70...

Especially when you consider his lack of drive and lack of willingness to go to the dirty areas. He's also 28 so if we're looking to do a bit of a re-tool now is the time to trade him.

Reactions: Benjamin

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think the fanbase is done waiting for things to pan out. If Duchene says he only wanted to move to be a part of playoff hockey, where’s his contribution to this? Turris’s life was maybe even more upended because he wasn’t waiting to be traded, and he’s settled in just fine.

No more smoke and mirrors, Duchene is a good player, he’s not an elite player. If he was, he’s be elite, because that’s what elite players do, no matter if they are on the road or at home

Turris knew 100% that the Senators were not going to watch him become an UFA, and let him walk for nothing.

Turris knew, just like the Senators did, after negotiations on a contract extension ended without an agreement.

There were only two ways Turris was going to leave Ottawa, by becoming an UFA, or by being traded .......... so he would have top be an idiot to think that he was not going to be traded ...... and he's not an idiot.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He’s a good player, I don’t thunk he’s clearly better then Turris. I also don’t think he’s elite like GB says.

once again...............

Is Matt Duchene really that much better than Kyle Turris?
The verdict

The expectation before this deep plunge into statistics was that Ottawa forked up two first-round picks and a third-round pick to upgrade from an equally productive - yet perhaps less exciting player - to a flashier player who passes the eye test.
As it turns out, all the underlying numbers suggest Duchene is the far superior player, despite his basic numbers registering similarly to Turris'.
Sure, two firsts and a third seem like a lot, but for a team that is clearly in win-now mode, this was a deal that needed to be made for Ottawa. Turris is a good player and a very solid No. 2 center, but Duchene's game-breaking ability puts the Sens over the top, and a much-needed change of scenery should only lead to more success.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Smith is honestly probably one of the last guys out the door.

I'd rate his chances of being dealt as "slim-to-none".

Oh smith is definitively on top of the guys that could be moved. Not cheap, but not too expensive. Good PKer, and "tough". Some GMs still probably think he can score 20 goals. My list would be:

Hoffman
Ceci
Brassard
Smith
Dzingel

somewhere in a deeep deep hole:

Ryan
Phaneuf

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
As we clearly can't afford a full rebuild. Wiping out some of the core, signing a decent UFA or two and then bringing in a ton of youth next season could be the best move.

Out: Ceci, Wideman, Burrows, Hoffman, Oduya, Smith

Why would anyone in their right mind, protect a young, soon to be RFA D man, in the expansion draft, then turn around and trade that same, soon to be RFA D man???

Cody Ceci is not going to be traded, because a few, low information fans, think that he's not one of the better D men on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad