News Article: Dorion says all players but ek and stone available

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This makes the extension Anderson signed so much more painful...

Love the guy and he's been mostly great for us but without that extension he could fetch a decent return,

Still, I don't really think signing him to the extension was a mistake at the time.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This makes the extension Anderson signed so much more painful...

Love the guy and he's been mostly great for us but without that extension he could fetch a decent return,

Still, I don't really think signing him to the extension was a mistake at the time.

I don't either. We need Andy. It's too bad he's had a horrible year so far but I can't see what else we could have done.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As far Dorion announcing this, it essentially signals to the fanbase that the tank is on.

I wouldn't be worried about him trading away Chabot or White. Maybe Brown because he's probably still 2 to 3 years away from being really good (if he gets there)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
As far Dorion announcing this, it essentially signals to the fanbase that the tank is on.

I wouldn't be worried about him trading away Chabot or White. Maybe Brown because he's probably still 2 to 3 years away from being really good (if he gets there)

He should really have kept his mouth shut. That's the problem here. He's just making this harder on the players right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He should really have kept his mouth shut. That's the problem here. He's just making this harder on the players right now.

I think the players were already told and likely understand where he's coming from. Dorion make some significant moves to help this roster, you might not like any of them but you cannot deny how far Dorion has put his neck out (in his first year too) for this roster.

This is one of the worst seasons the Sens have played (so far) since 2002. Status quo is not tenable I'd think.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think the players were already told and likely understand where he's coming from. Dorion make some significant moves to help this roster, you might not like any of them but you cannot deny how far Dorion has put his neck out (in his first year too) for this roster.

This is one of the worst seasons the Sens have played (so far) since 2002. Status quo is not tenable I'd think.
This is the worst season since the early 90s.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think the players were already told.

I find it hard to believe Dorion would directly tell the players they're all on the trading block except for EK and Stone.

How much does that matter at this point though? The season is already lost

You still need to go out there and play the games.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Dorion hasn’t announced anything?

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Haha yeah. He's gonna move the team and leave that building he owns empty. Brilliant.
No, he’s gonna hemorrhage money year after year so he can keep an aging building. He’s on record saying that moving the team is an option but geniuses like you know better.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
aoyrpgcr3gjy.png

Reactions: Back in Black

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
If he wants money he can quintuple his initial investment right now, genius.
Again, he’s on record saying he will not sell the team, but that doesn’t fit your self-serving narrative, so you conveniently ignore it.
His next step is to shed player salary (like he said) and when he’s dealing with sub-10000 attendance through Jan/Feb with no chance of playoff revenue, he will consider his other stated “next option”.
I’m not saying he will be successful, but he has a well established record of doing what he says and taking legal action if he’s blocked from doing so.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Again, he’s on record saying he will not sell the team, but that doesn’t fit your self-serving narrative, so you conveniently ignore it.
His next step is to shed player salary (like he said) and when he’s dealing with sub-10000 attendance through Jan/Feb with no chance of playoff revenue, he will consider his other stated “next option”.
I’m not saying he will be successful, but he has a well established record of doing what he says and taking legal action if he’s blocked from doing so.
He can try, but will be blocked by the league. Pointless to even try it, Bettman has said as much.

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
Deku said:
How much does that matter at this point though? The season is already lost​

You still need to go out there and play the games.

That literally means nothing when the season is lost. Sure they still need to play games but what are they playing for? Last in the league? The players should feel the heat. They're a big part of the reason the season went belly up. I prefer Dorion saying this instead of saying nothing.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How is this Dorian's fault when Karlsson is playing on 1 foot and Anderson has been abysmal to say the least.

To be fair to him he inherited some bad contracts like Ryan and Phaneuf, but his moves haven’t been great so far. He did well with Condon, Wingels and Stalberg. He didn’t do well extending Burrows and Andy in my opinion. The Duchene trade isn’t looking good, and the Zibby for Brass deal isn’t looking too hot either. Not to mention all the picks he’s moved.

It’s not so much what he has done, it’s more that I’m worried what he will do next. This could go from bad to worse. How desperate is he to keep his job? If we trade a bunch of guys in season will we get good value back? I don’t have much faith in him.

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Look up Art Model winning lawsuit with NFL and moving Cleveland to Baltimore. Then we can discuss how pointless it is.
So you believe the NHL will be able to expand past 32, as Modell left the team name to be resumed playing in 3 years? Part of that bargain was that Cleveland would recieve an expansion team in 3 years.

Look, I get that it "has" happened before, but there is no chance of it happening in the NHL right now. None, especially with Seattle soon hopping board.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Well this is gonna suck. If we move Hoff or Brass or others let's at least get some picks back or some nice prospects.
If he trades Chabot it's gonna be really hard to keep going to games knowing an incredible D prospect has been shifted to another team. Bleh.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3