OT: Donairs: The official food of the HF Oilers board :Part 2

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
High voltage is my south choice. Guy that owns it is hilarious. He owns the building. Makes a killing. Doesn't need to stay open a lot. He asked my buddy if he wanted to buy the place off of him lol.

Ranger30Oiler97*

May 14, 2015
The only two I've ever tried is Swiss and eddies . Eddies claims to be the best Donair on the north side .. Not even close in my opinion. Will definitely try high voltage when I have a chance

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
The only two I've ever tried is Swiss and eddies . Eddies claims to be the best Donair on the north side .. Not even close in my opinion. Will definitely try high voltage when I have a chance

Eddies isn't bad, but Swiss is way better. Eddie seems to like to talk a lot.

Tried it twice and never went back.

Richards on 127 st and 137 ave is really good as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This is honestly the worse thread to see in the morning. Now I'm going to be dying to have a donair until lunch.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

No kidding. Hate going to that shop. So overpriced and the dude never shuts up like he's the greatest thing in town

Eddies isn't bad, but Swiss is way better. Eddie seems to like to talk a lot.

Tried it twice and never went back.

Richards on 127 st and 137 ave is really good as well.

Eddies is bad because of the atmosphere. Cocky SOB

I think the new shop Jumbo donair is my fave stop. Too bad its so ******* far from the north

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton

Love eddies in the north. For excessive great food in general donnas on winterburn road is by far my favorite need an army to eat anything you order from there. Their blt comes with about a pound of bacon on it. Try their garlic sauce on the Donair tasty.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
My favorites in order.

Marco's by Grant McEwan
Swiss Donair
Primetime
High Voltage
|
Any other that I have tried
|
|
|
|
|
Best Donair by the safeway on Stony Plain Rd and 150 St. - This was disgusting

Last edited:

Xamar*

Should of walked a block westward on Jasper to World's Finest Donair, it's pretty good.

Pickled turnip turned into my favorite pickled thing because of them.

Edit: Just realized the age of the thread.

Worlds Finest Donair also has an amazing chicken poutine that's not on the menu. It's 1 dollar more than the regular donair poutine and its amazing !!

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
Not surprising that Calgary only has one decent donair place and thats Jimmy's on 20th Ave NW

Jimmy's is fantastic. I love that they give you the option of banana peppers and siracha. Do you know of any good (or at least decent) halifax donair places here? I've been fiending for one ever since I moved here.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
This is honestly the worse thread to see in the morning. Now I'm going to be dying to have a donair until lunch.

It's even worse at night when all the good donair places nearby are closed. I guess I'll just have to settle for the leftover Subway in the fridge. *sigh

Not surprising that Calgary only has one decent donair place and thats Jimmy's on 20th Ave NW

My Donair on 16th ave NW is freaking delicious. The guy who runs it is really nice and usually gives me a buck or two off each donair since I've become a regular there.

I haven't been to Jimmy's doe, maybe I'll check it out tomorrow !

I need to visit this thread more often, I love Donairs. Even though I don't live in Edmonton anymore, I still enjoy reading about them.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Jimmy's is fantastic. I love that they give you the option of banana peppers and siracha. Do you know of any good (or at least decent) halifax donair places here? I've been fiending for one ever since I moved here.
I've tried a lot in this city and still haven't found one that beats Jimmys.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Bash a Donair in Leduc has the best donairs I've ever had.

My buddy drove all the way down there just to try it [what dedication!!!]. He had the crazy jumbo one for 17$. Said it was decent but not worth the price.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
My buddy drove all the way down there just to try it [what dedication!!!]. He had the crazy jumbo one for 17$. Said it was decent but not worth the price.

They must have changed their prices because the Sasquatch is their monster donair and its like $12 :laugh:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
They must have changed their prices because the Sasquatch is their monster donair and its like $12 :laugh:

WTH:laugh:

He told me it felt like he was paying for the just the weight of it and didn't taste any special especially for the price.

Haggard

High and Wide
Aug 15, 2005
Edmonton
I get Basha's almost every Saturday. It is my favorite place to go. I like to mix it up and get the one that is fried on the grill with onions and mushrooms with BBQ sauce mixed in with the sweet sauce. That or just the jumbo with all the veggies. so good. I don't know what your buddy ordered but I don't think there is any one item on the menu for 17 bucks. The Sasquatch is their huge one and it is 12 bucks as the person above stated. even adding cheese just makes it 13. Odd.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
WTH:laugh:

He told me it felt like he was paying for the just the weight of it and didn't taste any special especially for the price.

I get Basha's almost every Saturday. It is my favorite place to go. I like to mix it up and get the one that is fried on the grill with onions and mushrooms with BBQ sauce mixed in with the sweet sauce. That or just the jumbo with all the veggies. so good. I don't know what your buddy ordered but I don't think there is any one item on the menu for 17 bucks. The Sasquatch is their huge one and it is 12 bucks as the person above stated. even adding cheese just makes it 13. Odd.

There it's confirmed :laugh: for the price that donair can't be beat imo

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Gonna try out Jimmys for the first time this afternoon.

Will post the delicious results.

edit:

Just finished my beef donair from Jimmys. It was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. I ordered the regular with banana peppers. I still think My Donair on 16th ave NW is superior.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad