Management Don Sweeney II - All Sweeney Talk Here

Grade Sweeney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
At min Eberle and Filppula shouldn't be too expensive. It shouldn't take a 1st round pick

Eberle on the 2nd line with Krejci and Debrusk and Filppula as the 3c would really help out some of the offensive woes the team has been dealing with like 2 seasons now

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
At min Eberle and Filppula shouldn't be too expensive. It shouldn't take a 1st round pick

Eberle on the 2nd line with Krejci and Debrusk and Filppula as the 3c would really help out some of the offensive woes the team has been dealing with like 2 seasons now
Why would NY trade these guys when they are 4 points out?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Why would NY trade these guys when they are 4 points out?

this is true....but if they slip... I mean they are bound to slip imo ... I think they will trade them for sure

Islanders don't have deep pockets and can't afford to keep 4 guys readying to become UFAs

Lee, Nelson, Eberle, Barzal (soon to get his money). Filppula is most likely not brought back

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This GM is a clown.Watching the team fade right out of a playoff spot and not a peep from him. .Noel Acciari on the 3rd line vs a team your chasing is comical.I think we might be better off missing playoffs and a big bright light on this guy and Neely.Let him feel fans wrath a bit and with any luck he gets canned.We need a smarter GM .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
this is true....but if they slip... I mean they are bound to slip imo ... I think they will trade them for sure

Islanders don't have deep pockets and can't afford to keep 4 guys readying to become UFAs

Lee, Nelson, Eberle, Barzal (soon to get his money). Filppula is most likely not brought back

Lol Bruins are slipping not them

Reactions: Fenian24 and TCB

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Daniel Paille
Mark Recchi
2010 1st round pick (#2-Tyler Seguin)
2010 2nd round pick (#32-Jared Knight)
2011 1st round pick (#9-Dougie Hamilton)
Dennis Seidenberg
Gregory Campbell
Nathan Horton
Chris Kelly
Rich Peverley
Johnny Boychuk
Shane Hnidy
Carl Soderberg
Adam McQuaid
Dennis Wideman
Aaron Ward
Andrew Ference
Chuck Kobasew
Loui Eriksson
Anton Khudobin
Tomas Kaberle
Jaromir Jagr

also acquired Iginla and drafted Pastrnak

lots of others too. The Sweeney clown show isn't in the same universe as the 2 time cup finalist who we chased out of town to be replaced by this group of amateurs
yeah Sweeney is actually capable of drafting and developing

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bruins org needs Gretzky back

They absolutely miss Gretzky. What does it say about them though that the guy took a similar gig in Edmonton instead of staying here?

I should also clarify. They have plenty of forwards. The issue is that they're pretty much all unskilled. So the lack of depth is really a lack of scoring depth. If this team needed to make a move last year at the deadline for a guy like Nash, why did he assume it would be okay this year to roll into the season without a player for that slot. I also think he made a huge mistake by assuming like most fans, that his young guys that had breakouts last year would only get better. Well, they've regressed. And that shows poor planning on his part. His job is to consider all possibilities, and it appears that he did not.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
They absolutely miss Gretzky. What does it say about them though that the guy took a similar gig in Edmonton instead of staying here?

I should also clarify. They have plenty of forwards. The issue is that they're pretty much all unskilled. So the lack of depth is really a lack of scoring depth. If this team needed to make a move last year at the deadline for a guy like Nash, why did he assume it would be okay this year to roll into the season without a player for that slot. I also think he made a huge mistake by assuming like most fans, that his young guys that had breakouts last year would only get better. Well, they've regressed. And that shows poor planning on his part. His job is to consider all possibilities, and it appears that he did not.
One veteran forward would've made a big difference, but you can't 'block' the kids don't you know.

Reactions: Fenian24 and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
One veteran forward would've made a big difference, but you can't 'block' the kids don't you know.

They could have easily done both. The kids they wanted to elevate this year could have taken 3rd and 4th line roles instead of the collective bag of shit they've put out there most nights. I get some people like Kuraly and Acciari, but I can't stand the sight of them on the ice. They have zero hockey IQ between the both of them. Wagner was a nice pickup, but the player formerly known as David Backes just needs to go away. I'm also done with Nordstrom. He just brings very little to the table. He's nothing more than a JAG kind of player.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I know me and Donny Hockey are lock step on pretty much all things Bruins but Donny, you have to get Bjork in that game in Notre Dame.

Divver said he played great Friday night and it’s not like we are talking 1977 Canadiens here

Do it

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
They could have easily done both. The kids they wanted to elevate this year could have taken 3rd and 4th line roles instead of the collective bag of **** they've put out there most nights. I get some people like Kuraly and Acciari, but I can't stand the sight of them on the ice. They have zero hockey IQ between the both of them. Wagner was a nice pickup, but the player formerly known as David Backes just needs to go away. I'm also done with Nordstrom. He just brings very little to the table. He's nothing more than a JAG kind of player.
Looks like your post motivated Kuraly and Acciari. We need more criticism of other members of the roster.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I mean, Kuraly is a 4th line guy. I don't expect him to score more than 6 goals a year. Maybe I have an outdated view of what constitutes a 4th line guy, but he's it to me.

It's having Nordstrom on the third line that's a problem. Or having Cave up there. I don't know where Heinen belongs.

I guess I'm just treading well-worn ground here. We have five guys that are legit top six. And some kids who were expected to produce more who are not doing so: Heinen, Bjork, Donato.

I honestly don't know what was expected of JFK. 3rd line center at best for this year, maybe?

I don't know what else there is to say about that. Donato looks like he needs to add some serious muscle.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Question is:

Is there an actual trade to be made?

The trade thread has the usual "give us a real good player for our garbage and draft picks". But is there someone out there that the B's could actually get for something of equal value that would not create a different hole in their lineup.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
starting to wonder if namestnikov is a guy they'd try to get for the 3C spot. he's signed for 2 more years at $4M, and
can play wing if they decide studnicka or frederic is ready for 3C next year. won't cost you a 1st. figure JFK and another
piece gets it done. quinn allegedly is a big JFK fan.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
starting to wonder if namestnikov is a guy they'd try to get for the 3C spot. he's signed for 2 more years at $4M, and
can play wing if they decide studnicka or frederic is ready for 3C next year. won't cost you a 1st. figure JFK and another
I here yah - makes sense

I thought JFK was very good last night - lot of subtle correct decisions

If I’m Quinn I recommend him to Gorton.

Gorton looks like he got an underwhelming return for Nash but he’s got balls and he and Sweeney appear to be close which isn’t a shock.

Gorton gave Spooner a 2 year $8 M deal and had to eat a million each of the next 2 years a month in. He also took 1/2 of Belesky contract so he picked up some dead salary.

By the way Nugs the Rangers drafted DAndre Miller with the Bruins pick and not sold on him. What’s your take?

Bruins would unlikely have drafted him and we can only speculate my guess is Detroit’s second round pick Berggren but all speculation

Reading Sweeney took a beating in that deal is f***ing hilarious since Spooner and Lindgren would have been caught in numbers here.

I’m hoping HF Bruins has a better 2019.

Other then me and a few others who brought it many of the posters had lottery years. Hoping an anomaly and you guys were just off

Reactions: Camjams

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I here yah - makes sense

Gorton looks like he got an underwhelming return for Nash but he’s got balls and he and Sweeney appear to be close which isn’t a shock.

Gorton gave Spooner a 2 year $8 M deal and had to eat a million each of the next 2 years a month in. He also took 1/2 of Belesky contract so he picked up some dead salary. I don’t think that deters him even though it’s not good

By the way Nugs the Rangers drafted DAndre Miller with the Bruins pick and not sold on him. What’s your take?

Bruins would unlikely have drafted him and we can only speculate my guess is Detroit’s second round pick Berggren but all speculation

Reading Sweeney took a beating in that deal is ****ing hilarious since Spooner and Lindgren would have been caught in numbers here.

Other then me and a few others many of the posters had lottery years

i like k'andre miller - big kid, can skate, can deliver some offense. he's looked good in college, although i haven't
seen much of the WJC to comment on his play there. agree the bruins likely weren't keyed on him last june, but
instead of nash, i would've preferred to use that 1st rounder and whatever other pieces to run at a younger guy
that would be around for a while (kreider?).

w-r-t JFK, i think he'll be a fine NHL player someday. probably no better than a riley nash, which is ok, but
he's not a guy i'd be saying is untouchable in deals. and if sweeney wants to keep that 1st rounder (as he should),
they are going to have to deal current prospects (which makes sense anyway, since as has been discussed, you
just can't keep everyone - the numbers don't add up).

happy holidays, sir. hope things are well with you and yours.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I here yah - makes sense

Gorton gave Spooner a 2 year $8 M deal and had to eat a million each of the next 2 years a month in. He also took 1/2 of Belesky contract so he picked up some dead salary.

Reading Sweeney took a beating in that deal is ****ing hilarious since Spooner and Lindgren would have been caught in numbers here.

Other then me and a few others who brought it many of the posters had lottery years. Hoping an anomaly and you guys were just off

DK the only issue with this trade was Nash (once a good player but was on a serious decline with question marks on past playoff performance). The picks/players were never the issue with this trade. In my humble opinion just bad fit and wish the pieces were traded for another type of player.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

I think it was @PlayMakers who made the same suggestion a couple weeks ago. I thought, and still think, it's a great suggestion. I wonder if JFK and a 2nd would work for either side.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DK the only issue with this trade was Nash (once a good player but was on a serious decline with question marks on past playoff performance). The picks/players were never the issue with this trade. In my humble opinion just bad fit and wish the pieces were traded for another type of player.
I was at every game very close to ice and Nash gets two big thumbs up until that piece of shit paquette targeted his head

Up until that concussion he was playing very well and was a good bet to sign

I 100% endorse that deal until concussion

People can disagree I just think they are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad