• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
They absolutely miss Gretzky. What does it say about them though that the guy took a similar gig in Edmonton instead of staying here?

I should also clarify. They have plenty of forwards. The issue is that they're pretty much all unskilled. So the lack of depth is really a lack of scoring depth. If this team needed to make a move last year at the deadline for a guy like Nash, why did he assume it would be okay this year to roll into the season without a player for that slot. I also think he made a huge mistake by assuming like most fans, that his young guys that had breakouts last year would only get better. Well, they've regressed. And that shows poor planning on his part. His job is to consider all possibilities, and it appears that he did not.

Not quite Lonnie.

He came to the Bruins as an amateur scout in 2013 and shortly thereafter was named Director of Amateur Scouting.

He was hired by the Oilers as an Assistant GM.

Different Gigs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Funny you mentioned him.

Nugs and I had a conversation about him only minutes ago. Not a conversation you would like however.

No worries...not expecting him to return. We all have our takes on players as I stated many times from this fan's perspective and without knowing all the details I felt he was a mishandled asset.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not quite Lonnie.

He came to the Bruins as an amateur scout in 2013 and shortly thereafter was named Director of Amateur Scouting.

He was hired by the Oilers as an Assistant GM.

Different Gigs.

You obviously know way more than I do about this, but had they offered Gretzky the assistant GM position, would he have stayed or is he a Chiarelli guy? I also have no clue how long Scott Bradley has been the AGM here, so I don't know if it was even a possibility for them to offer.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Question is:

Is there an actual trade to be made?

The trade thread has the usual "give us a real good player for our garbage and draft picks". But is there someone out there that the B's could actually get for something of equal value that would not create a different hole in their lineup.

Spend for Taresenko with a bunch of picks and never look back
Bruins can get those back when they have to sell eventually

Reactions: TCB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Time to send JFK and Donato back to Providence and call up Blidth and Cehlarik. I actually feel Cave is bringing something to the team so don't mind him in the line up.

Time for some changes Don.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
When is this clown going to do his job finally and help this roster?Cannot wait to see the big move he does to help this gritty roster because he has not done squat in near a full year.

Last edited:

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
a thread asking about what letter grade the Bruins' manager deserves was shut down/diverted to here. forget the standard "A-" and "C+" answers. Bumper is here to explain that true fans know that the only appropriate grade to award to Sweeney as GM of Boston's professional hockey team is...

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
A few years ago at the draft the Bruins made a pick that everyone kind of thought wasn't a good pick at all and even went "Who?".

Does anyone remember that and if so, who was the player in question?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
When is this clown going to do his job finally and help this roster?Cannot wait to see the big move he does to help this gritty roster because he has not done squat in near a full year.

giphy.gif

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Celtics get a free pass

helps going 10 years without making a bad move...name a single move Sweeney has made that can come close to matching:

- Al Jefferson and scraps for Kevin Garnett
- Jeff Green for Ray Allen
- Pierce and KG for 4 unprotected 1st rounders...which became picks 14, 3, 1, 8
- trade the Fultz pick to Philly for Tatum and a 1st
- trade Isaiah Thomas and a 1st for Kyrie

Reactions: shoulders7

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
helps going 10 years without making a bad move...name a single move Sweeney has made that can come close to matching:

That's all white noise to me,don't follow Basketball but it bothers me there fans are always happier than me

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Does Danny Ainge know Hockey???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad