Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This fan base isn't strong enough to oppose this tub of lard, I tried in the past, if anyone has any ideas im all ears.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The only way to defeat a troll is to pretend it doesn't exist. Trolls feed off of responses. Dont be a response giver.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Brennan hates the Sens. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he hated hockey in general. The guy would be overjoyed if the Sens left town....that seems to be his underlying motivation all these years.

I doubt it. He'd be out of a job.

He's a pot stirrer. I can't believe JR gives him a platform like TGOR to spout his drivel.

Macca

Oct 7, 2009
I doubt it. He'd be out of a job.

He's a pot stirrer. I can't believe JR gives him a platform like TGOR to spout his drivel.

Unfortunately the Sens' pre-game show does as well. I normally really enjoy listening to the show, but as soon as I hear Brennen's voice I turn the radio off. What I don't understand is why smart hockey men like Muarry Wilson or Todd White can stand being on the air with him.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
There is no such thing as a bad click when revenue streams depend on them.

Brennan is just one of those guys who is willing to say anything to cause a bit of controversy and stir things up so more people read his stuff. Every time he opens his mouth it is essentially click bait.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
There is no such thing as a bad click when revenue streams depend on them.

Brennan is just one of those guys who is willing to say anything to cause a bit of controversy and stir things up so more people read his stuff. Every time he opens his mouth it is essentially click bait.

It's the sun business model, how do you think Ezra Levant has a job?

I honestly think Garrioch gets **** on more than he deserves to, Don Brennan is the true piece of **** in Ottawa media.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
it would be great if he could pull a dater and get himself fired. I'm sure he gets drunk enough.

dater?

It's the sun business model, how do you think Ezra Levant has a job?

I honestly think Garrioch gets **** on more than he deserves to, Don Brennan is the true piece of **** in Ottawa media.

I agree with this. Garrioch has at least put in some effort to be presentable lately, especially with his increased TV appearances, and has brought some fairly concise, down-to-earth thoughts to the table. Brennan just continues to look and sound like a drunk, illiterate slob who does everything he can to ruffle feathers of not only certain players, but the fans.

That's what really irks me. When he comes out with baseless articles or arguments, he's not only attacking the players, but also the fans knowledgeable enough to see through his schtick. I don't use the word offensive very often to describe my feelings towards something, I'm not offended easily, but I take exception to Brennan trying to shovel his terrible stories and viewpoints into our mouths.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
dater?

I agree with this. Garrioch has at least put in some effort to be presentable lately, especially with his increased TV appearances, and has brought some fairly concise, down-to-earth thoughts to the table. Brennan just continues to look and sound like a drunk, illiterate slob who does everything he can to ruffle feathers of not only certain players, but the fans.

That's what really irks me. When he comes out with baseless articles or arguments, he's not only attacking the players, but also the fans knowledgeable enough to see through his schtick. I don't use the word offensive very often to describe my feelings towards something, I'm not offended easily, but I take exception to Brennan trying to shovel his terrible stories and viewpoints into our mouths.

There is a reason why TSN has Bruce Garrioch on TV and not Don Brennan.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
dater?

Exactly, when I want to know what happened at Sens practice or something, I go straight to Garrioch's twitter. He's pretty consistent. He's also the only one in Ottawa media who seems to have any insider knowledge when it comes to trade rumours. He can still be ridiculous sometimes, but he isn't even in the same league as Brennan when it comes to being an unprofessional ******. I'm tired of Don Brennan embarrassing Ottawa and trying to run our players out of town.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
it would be great if he could pull a dater and get himself fired. I'm sure he gets drunk enough.

Do we have any female HF posters that could draw his obvious misogynism out of him?

He seems like the kind of jerk that would be easy to goad into saying something very stupid and controversial.

Of course, this is the same guy who cowered like a scolded dog when Georges Laraque called him out on the spot. Then wrote an article the next day calling him a meany. :shakehead

Kanata

Oct 16, 2014
It's quite obvious those who present alongside him have absolutely no respect for what he has to say. You can almost hear their eyes roll every time he blah blah blahs. And why he feels the need to raise his voice, it makes for terrible radio. I've also started turning the radio over this season more and more when he's on.

Senafan

May 17, 2013
A coworker bought the Sun yesterday...skimmed the Brennan editorial and of course he was in there bashing Karlsson for 'being too friendly' to the opposing players. Apparently Brennan doesn't approve because he's a 'poor loser' himself. How this guy is still being employed to write this drivel is beyond me...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You are all upset because Brennan picked on this boards favourite player Karlsson in today's Sun. Whenever he writes something negative about your favourite player people on here go crazy & want him tarred & feathered. Brennan said what everyone in hockey already knows that Karlsson has sucked this yr & there is no question about that. It's why everyone is talking about him & all the mistakes he makes. Karlsson has shown little effort in numerous games this yr & a don't give a **** attitude. Karlsson has made mistakes that have cost the Sens games this yr.

He is the captain of this team & is suppose to lead by example but so far this yr his example has been of constant mistakes, giveaways & a not give a **** attitude. I don't see the problem with pointing it out publicly in the paper, that's his job rather than being a homer. Karlsson has played very poorly this yr & everyone in hockey knows it & maybe pointing it out publicly is what is required for him to smarten up. He did play a much better game today, I hope he keeps it up. Truth hurts I guess.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
You are all upset because Brennan picked on this boards favourite player Karlsson in today's Sun. Whenever he writes something negative about your favourite player people on here go crazy & want him tarred & feathered. Brennan said what everyone in hockey already knows that Karlsson has sucked this yr & there is no question about that. It's why everyone is talking about him & all the mistakes he makes. Karlsson has shown little effort in numerous games this yr & a don't give a **** attitude. Karlsson has made mistakes that have cost the Sens games this yr.

He is the captain of this team & is suppose to lead by example but so far this yr his example has been of constant mistakes, giveaways & a not give a **** attitude. I don't see the problem with pointing it out publicly in the paper, that's his job rather than being a homer. Karlsson has played very poorly this yr & everyone in hockey knows it & maybe pointing it out publicly is what is required for him to smarten up. He did play a much better game today, I hope he keeps it up. Truth hurts I guess.

Meh, the Sun is a rag and Brennan is a hack. Karlsson hasn't been at his best this year - we know it, he knows it, and most of the Sens fans in the Ottawa region know it. That doesn't mean people shouldn't deride a useless writer who makes his money creating false controversy and spewing illiterate vitriol.

And are people honestly giving Karlsson **** for being too friendly with the opposition? Jesus christ, that's one of my favorite things about him as a player. The Mike Green incident was beyond awesome.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
You are all upset because Brennan picked on this boards favourite player Karlsson in today's Sun. Whenever he writes something negative about your favourite player people on here go crazy & want him tarred & feathered.

That's not really fair at all. There's plenty of us who don't pay any attention to Brennan, but if we happen to catch his comments somewhere we instantly remember why we ignored him in the first place. Brennan was a sensationalist hack long before EK got here.

BigBush*

No way man, Brennan's a hack

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Totally agree. -13 is insane!

Hopefully he's gotten the message and will start playing better defence, like he did against Boston yesterday! :yo:

Karlsson2Turris*

I'd be okay if he just went after Karlsson's play/leadership/anything to do with hockey. He finds anything about Karlsson and makes it negative (eg: how he's friendly to opposing players). The guy's a friendly guy and a good sport, how's there anything wrong with that?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Totally agree. -13 is insane!

Hopefully he's gotten the message and will start playing better defence, like he did against Boston yesterday! :yo:

When your captain is -13 and makes so many turnovers you have to wonder how other players on the team look at him. Captain is supposed to be a model and players look up to the captain to bring an extra effort and to set an example. Unfortunately that's far from reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad