Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
After successfully running many players out of town, our media is at it again. Clouston should be fired for starting Elliot last night??

In the words of Keyshawn Johnson....CMON MAN!!

There are plenty of reasons why Clouston should be fired, and they DO NOT include not trying to rush a 19 year old who was very mediocre the other night on the Island. Games on back to back nights, with travel involved for a kid, yes a KID, whi is the future of this team. 80% of the coaches in this league would have made the exact same decision as Clouston did Friday night.

I am sick and tired of the bush league journalism in this city. From the guys on the Team 1200, to our Sum media group.

Clouston will be fired at some point, but not for this reason Mr. Brennan.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
SENSCUP2010
Ottawa media at times is not great but its nothing compared to media in toronto and montreal.As for running many players out of town the fact is only 2 players have asked for a trade that is not many.

FreakyBunny

Sep 4, 2006
Ottawa
There was a very different tone in this morning's Sun. I wonder if DB and BG had a meeting and decided to go after Clouston in a new way. Both of them were on the attack...but I suspect it's more about selling papers for them and less about their "love" for the team.

If I were Clouston, I'de welcome getting fired at this point. He still gets paid, and he gets out of the fishbowl. I don't think it would make to much difference to his future coaching opportunities, because at this point not being renewed = being fired for him.

brockcrack

Jul 24, 2007
After successfully running many players out of town, our media is at it again. Clouston should be fired for starting Elliot last night??

In the words of Keyshawn Johnson....CMON MAN!!

There are plenty of reasons why Clouston should be fired, and they DO NOT include not trying to rush a 19 year old who was very mediocre the other night on the Island. Games on back to back nights, with travel involved for a kid, yes a KID, whi is the future of this team. 80% of the coaches in this league would have made the exact same decision as Clouston did Friday night.

I am sick and tired of the bush league journalism in this city. From the guys on the Team 1200, to our Sum media group.

Clouston will be fired at some point, but not for this reason Mr. Brennan.

The Ottawa media is always critical of the organization it seems, it's nice that they're not biased but I can't really think of journalists here that are pure Sens flag-wavers. There was an editorial in the Sun by Earl McRae that was worse than this piece completely mocking Leclaire and his injuries...the type of thing you expect to see on a message board not by a "respected" journalist

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
There was a very different tone in this morning's Sun. I wonder if DB and BG had a meeting and decided to go after Clouston in a new way. Both of them were on the attack...but I suspect it's more about selling papers for them and less about their "love" for the team.

If I were Clouston, I'de welcome getting fired at this point. He still gets paid, and he gets out of the fishbowl. I don't think it would make to much difference to his future coaching opportunities, because at this point not being renewed = being fired for him.

It could in some ways if he can't handle the media here there is a bunch of cities that have much harder media.However i think he is doing a good job with the media and is showing no signs of having major issues with them.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Brennan's jounalism sytle has been trending downwards for a while now. He's getting close to Earl McCrae (sp?) territory...

The King of Town

Jan 26, 2004
Free Country
Brennan's the worst of a pretty bad bunch. He should have been fired a long time ago, but unfortunately the Sun doesn't have an editor so he can write whatever he wants.

He's a joke amongst jokes. Completely unqualified. He should stick to fluff pieces and pimping 67's players (because they're the only ones whose names he knows.)

Yelnats Puc

Brust 'em up!
Aug 30, 2007
Ottawa
Don Brennan has always been an awful hockey writer. Yet people like you still read his articles.

And that is why he won't be fired.

The best way to get rid of Don Brennan is not to read his articles and tell everyone how ****** he is, but to completely ignore him and anything the Sun ever writes. Trust me, I've been doing it for years, it feels good.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Also, let me quote Sens Chirp

Lehner would have been playing his 4th game in six nights had Clouston gone back to him tonight.

Kid just played a hard tournament too, let him rest :)

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
As Mendes commented, had Lehner started it would've been 4 starts in 6 days for a 19 year old goaltender.

Pretty obvious why Clouston would prefer to have Lehner sit and rest than play again.

Edit - beaten to the punch by OmniSens

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
The way Brennan's going at it you'd think Lehner had a shutout or something. Giving the circumstances I guess he did ok but he's not ready AT ALL to play at this level.

These hacks we have for journalists here in Ottawa is embarrassing.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Brennan's the worst of a pretty bad bunch. He should have been fired a long time ago, but unfortunately the Sun doesn't have an editor so he can write whatever he wants.

He's a joke amongst jokes. Completely unqualified. He should stick to fluff pieces and pimping 67's players (because they're the only ones whose names he knows.)

Actually, the Sun does have a sports editor, and he's the only person in the industry who's a bigger assclown than Brennan. Tim Baines.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Journalism 101:

Brennan is doing exactly what he intended. Create some controversy, sit back and be entertained by it. McRae does the same thing and has made a career out of it. Neither one of them are great writers but people still read the stuff.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Journalism 101:

Brennan is doing exactly what he intended. Create some controversy, sit back and be entertained by it. McRae does the same thing and has made a career out of it. Neither one of them are great writers but people still read the stuff.

Should that really be journalism 101? Writing crap? Just like all media nowadays, whether it be news, politics, sports, its purposely done to gather ratings and attention, as opposed to being a REAL journalist by writing facts. And if you write an opinion piece, back it up with facts and make a valid argument.

Sorry, end rant.

enviro61

Sep 12, 2006
Ottawa
I was at McD's reading the article and it just struck me as a journalist who is trying to ride populist opinion without really having anything substantive to back it up with. Yeah people are upset with Clouston but foff, it was a lame article and noone would say Lehner was stellar the night before nor would have he been the difference.

The journalist seems to not be a very creative nor confident writer to latch on to general vibe towards CC and run with it at any opportunity. Weak

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I wanted Lehner to start against Calgary, but the way Brennan is acting towards Clouston is pretty bush league. Pretty much un-readable.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Sun is anti-Clouston
The Citizen is anti- Murray

Brennan is a big fat unhappy man who thinks the cure for the Senators is to sign Zenon Konopka and start a goalie who has 1 game experience and in his one start has a .833% and a 4.00 GA.

I hope Lehner doesnlt get more then 11 starts because I;d liek to see him as a rookie of the yearr candidate next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad