Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think so. I think Gryba or Cowen are on the ice against the better players, I think you want your best defensive defencemen on the ice against the other team's best players & you want your best offensive defenceman against their weaker defence players, if coaches want to match up.

Based on Corsi QOC, Rel Corsi QOC and +/- QOC, Karlsson faces tought competition than Gryba. He ranks just behind Cowen in all three, however it should be noted that the metric is an average of their competition, so while Karlsson is getting 30 mins, he probably also sees more offensive deployments bringing the average down, but gets about the same defensive deployments.

Either way, Karlsson is not getting sheltered mins by any stretch. How could you playing 21 mins of ES a night? That's almost 1/2 of the ES mins available (ottawa averages 45mins of ES).

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Brennan is a joke to the players and most of the fans. All he cares about is picking the next 'whipping boy' to take out his own personal frustrations at being an impotent hack that can only spew vitriol. He deserves neither respect nor our attention. Just don't read his articles. You'll be happier and quite possibly a better person for it.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Brennan is a joke to the players and most of the fans. All he cares about is picking the next 'whipping boy' to take out his own personal frustrations at being an impotent hack that can only spew vitriol. He deserves neither respect nor our attention. Just don't read his articles. You'll be happier and quite possibly a better person for it.

Most of the fans? Outside of interactions on HF most fans seem to fall right in line with the Suns articles. You hear it on Team 1200 and just in speaking with people.

I think most fans tend to think exactly like Brennan and Garrioch do. Ive heard an awful lot of complaints about Phillips being scratched and how that lazy Karlsson should be in the real world. Most fans are idiots.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Most of the fans? Outside of interactions on HF most fans seem to fall right in line with the Suns articles. You hear it on Team 1200 and just in speaking with people.

I think most fans tend to think exactly like Brennan and Garrioch do. Ive heard an awful lot of complaints about Phillips being scratched and how that lazy Karlsson should be in the real world. Most fans are idiots.

This is the problem too many of our fans listen to TSN1200 and read the Sun to formulate their opinions.

Just try to listen to Shawn Simpson formulate a sentence and really listen to him, its actually quite comical and really makes you realize that these guys just have no clue. Also, pay attention to how often the guys on TSN1200 contradict themselves on a weekly basis.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Even the picture the Sun has taken to using lately of Karlsson-They must have dug around to find the most unflattering picture they could find.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Even the picture the Sun has taken to using lately of Karlsson-They must have dug around to find the most unflattering picture they could find.

Standard practice at the Sun. All 'real' newspaper services acknowledge that it is unethical to purposefully use unflattering images.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Standard practice at the Sun. All 'real' newspaper services acknowledge that it is unethical to purposefully use unflattering images.

Pretty sure the Sun read that as "Une Thical" (french for "a thical"), and wondered what the heck a "thical" was in the first place, and decided to not bother with that french nonsense.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Brennan has good security, they've looked hard to replace him, but can't find anybody that stupid to take his place

Stupid/Dumb sells very well these days, there is a massive market for it as seen by reality tv and what the "media" attempts to publish as journalism, Quebecor being one of the more seasoned outlets for this. Idiocracy continues. A la Seinfeld, people like things they don't have to think much about....lol

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Stupid/Dumb sells very well these days, there is a massive market for it as seen by reality tv and what the "media" attempts to publish as journalism, Quebecor being one of the more seasoned outlets for this. Idiocracy continues. A la Seinfeld, people like things they don't have to think much about....lol

Sad but true. How in the world did we go from Shakespeare and Charles Dickens to Honeyboo and the Kardashians? :shakehead

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

You mean like sports? :p

member 137785

Actually, most people are idiots. They just don't know it :)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

When "most" people think a certain way, it's worthwhile to consider why that is. The truth is they're not all idiots. So then the issue comes back to perspective, and which ones are valid to you. I believe that EK has been lacklustre this season, but on the other hand, I don't get upset about it, and given previous performances, I give him the benefit of the doubt that something else is going on.

The ostrich folk who argue and get defensive about his game really need to relax. Where were you when Spezza needed defending? Oh, right, many of you were the same posters who turned on him eventually and were as 'vocal' then as you are now in defence of EK. So many of you will blow with the breeze, and be the same asshats you've always been.

And people HERE are complaining about Brennan and his opinions... Haha, oh man, so rich.

This isn't election issues, or world events. This is sports entertainment, and the choice escapism for Canadians in general. While I would agree that U.S. media look to the lowest common denominator for 'news'. hockey is religion here and most people are 'over informed'. Brennan is a ****, but he is, in this case, saying what we all know to be true. For whatever reason, EK has been bad this year, worse than the team in general, and a part of the 'problem'. Since the coaching change he has been so much better, which may give some insight into why he was a general detriment to the team early on (yeah I said that).

Though you may thing different, I am not stupid, dumb, an idiot, moron, or in any way unable to process what I see when I watch a hockey game. The irony is that many poster themselves seem 'the fool' when they label others who disagree with their opinions as "stupid/dumb".

You mean like sports? :p

Exactly... This is sports entertainment, things need to be at least remembered to be in perspective.

My opinion.

Edit: And before the defence lines up, I'm a big fan of EK as I have been for most of the stars on this team over the years. Maybe I AM an idiot. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->