Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure aragorn is Brennan.

Nah.

Aragorn can form sentences. :sarcasm:

Brennan is useless. He makes personal attacks on players about the most mindless things.

Remember his editorial piece crying about how Karlsson didn't want to discuss his personal life with him? :laugh:

Good times.

RedSeven*

Don Brennan has to live with the fact that everyone knows hes the biggest loser in town. He should have ridden into the sunset with Paul on a pony holding hands.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nah.

Aragorn can form sentences. :sarcasm:

Brennan is useless. He makes personal attacks on players about the most mindless things.

Remember his editorial piece crying about how Karlsson didn't want to discuss his personal life with him? :laugh:

Good times.
Thanks, I'm not Brennan but I have met him & Garrioch on several occasions at the Sensplex usually during the prospect development camp. He's a funny guy, I don't always agree with him but he isn't always wrong either & I do find him amusing at times. I certainly don't take anything he has to say about the hockey players on this team personally since none of them are related to me. I could care less, he's trying to sell papers & I have no idea whether his stuff sells or not. I read a lot of different opinions, I never cared much or agreed with Yost but I read his articles because they are about the team for interest.

People don't see a problem with our Captain? Wow, just wow....

There's one born every minute, I guess.
Agreed, he has to be better & he has to look like he cares more. I wish that Norris winner would come back, he was much better defensively that yr & played like he gave a ****. This guy is one dimensional & disappointing this yr & last.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
These are some of the minuses Karlsson gets. When you play with bad players, your numbers are going to reflect that.

This is the same defence as last year. This is not the same Karlsson as last year! :amazed:

Funny how the other defensemen has a + & Karlsson has a -13.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
These are some of the minuses Karlsson gets. When you play with bad players, your numbers are going to reflect that.

http://youtu.be/tYLvBUtwRVc?t=2m42s

Couldn't the same be said for his partners that Karlsson leaves them hanging alone to defend when he has given the puck away or pinched & got trapped up ice. That can go both ways can't it? It's not his partner's fault that Karlsson has given the puck away or pinched & got beat. I have seen many times this yr Karlsson screw up all by himself & it not having anything to do with his partner. Maybe he is doing too much, maybe he is playing too much, I don't know but he isn't the same player he was in his Norris yr that is for sure. I think we have to stop blaming Karlsson's partners for Karlsson screwing up so much, he doesn't need to make all the risky plays he makes, he needs to reduce them.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brennan has good security, they've looked hard to replace him, but can't find anybody that stupid to take his place

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol I love how during the last game he was backing karlsson just to appease the twitter folk I guess.
Brennan is an absolute hack.
I find garrioch gets too much flack just for being associated with him though. The only time I really hate garrioch is after Murray does something he will suddenly start revealing info that backs Murray's decision. But so do wilson and Lloyd and brown.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Lol I love how during the last game he was backing karlsson just to appease the twitter folk I guess.
Brennan is an absolute hack.

He backed Karlsson last game, because Karlsson played better defence last game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let's see if Karlsson keeps it up.!

then we'll lose games by never scoring

Karlsson played better defence last game, and we won.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
but 0.5 goals for and 0.8 goals against would win even less games (an example)

what the real numbers are we'd find out if karlsson played without the risk, but i imagine it's good for us if he plays risky because we're starved offensively

member 137785

This is the same defence as last year. This is not the same Karlsson as last year! :amazed:

Funny how the other defensemen has a + & Karlsson has a -13.

Come on, his defence partner Methot has been out almost all year, he's been playing with washed up Phillips or young kids all year. It DOES matter who his D partner is. He's working as hard as any Senator, but has to constantly play against the best lines from the other teams as he is the only superstar on the Sens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
but 0.5 goals for and 0.8 goals against would win even less games (an example)

what the real numbers are we'd find out if karlsson played without the risk, but i imagine it's good for us if he plays risky because we're starved offensively

But we are not starving for goals, there are a lot of guys scoring Ryan, Zibanejad, Hoffman, Stone, Legwand, Chiasson are all scoring. This isn't a team that can score 4 or 5 goals every game but they can score 2 or 3 & sometimes 4 a game. They have to be better defensively to win games, they have to learn to reduce their mistakes so they can win one goal games. We're not saying he can't go for it when the play is there we are talking about reducing the risk some & not taking it every time. More importantly I want to see him play with some effort & give a ****. I will say he has been better under Cameron so far, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Come on, his defence partner Methot has been out almost all year, he's been playing with washed up Phillips or young kids all year. It DOES matter who his D partner is. He's working as hard as any Senator, but has to constantly play against the best lines from the other teams as he is the only superstar on the Sens.

I don't think so. I think Gryba or Cowen are on the ice against the better players, I think you want your best defensive defencemen on the ice against the other team's best players & you want your best offensive defenceman against their weaker defence players, if coaches want to match up.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Exactly. I don't understand how people who watch hockey don't get that basic fact.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

BigBush*

But we are not starving for goals, there are a lot of guys scoring Ryan, Zibanejad, Hoffman, Stone, Legwand, Chiasson are all scoring. This isn't a team that can score 4 or 5 goals every game but they can score 2 or 3 & sometimes 4 a game. They have to be better defensively to win games, they have to learn to reduce their mistakes so they can win one goal games. We're not saying he can't go for it when the play is there we are talking about reducing the risk some & not taking it every time. More importantly I want to see him play with some effort & give a ****. I will say he has been better under Cameron so far, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Have you been watching at all this season? This is a team that has struggled mightily to score 5 on 5

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

http://youtu.be/tYLvBUtwRVc?t=2m42s

You cant possibly be defending this guy? I don't even think an explanation needs to be made he isn't trying. He is lazy and doesn't care on the ice. Just watch other teams elite defensemen play and not against the sens.

Brennan is a hack and gets an uneasy fanbase all riled up for no other reason than to sell news papers. Its too bad everyone believes what he says all the time.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I don't think so. I think Gryba or Cowen are on the ice against the better players, I think you want your best defensive defencemen on the ice against the other team's best players & you want your best offensive defenceman against their weaker defence players, if coaches want to match up.

You know Karlsson plays 30 minutes a game right? Chances are, that he plays more against the other teams better players then our other defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad