Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Remember last season? He spent the entire training trying to goad Anderson and create a goalie controversy. Odd that in the year he's actually struggling, he barely mentions wanting Anderson out for Lehner.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Let's just not click on that link. Page visits is all that matters for Sun.

Last edited:

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Funny , no mention of Phillips give away. I guess that one was excusable.

Brennan has had a vendetta against certain players before, but I think people are on to him now.

The game was pretty much over when Phillips turned the puck over for the goal...

Karlsson made a stupid decision with 10-11 seconds left in the 2nd period of a 1 goal game and reversed the puck towards the front of his net...Being down by 2 going into the 3rd is almost game over at that point. It was the crucial play in the game. He wrote about it.

Big deal

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I was gonna come here and say it's time to let this Brennan vs EK thing die. But then..

It seems Brennan has a personal vendetta on EK now. Pretty sad stuff.

Brennan acts like a hyena, just waiting for a moment of weakness to pounce. That give-away was his chance to kick EK while he was down.

Last edited:

John Holmes*

EK really could turn up his fan friendliness.

Blowing off little kids looking for autographs is pretty lame. Obviously you can't sign every autograph all the time, but he could definitely make a little more effort in that area.

Brennan isn't completely wrong here. EK is a guy making $6.5 Million a year to play hockey. A few minutes here and there for the people that pay his salary isn't asking all that much.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

Blowing off little kids looking for autographs is pretty lame. Obviously you can't sign every autograph all the time, but he could definitely make a little more effort in that area.

Brennan isn't completely wrong here. EK is a guy making $6.5 Million a year to play hockey. A few minutes here and there for the people that pay his salary isn't asking all that much.

I'm sure Brennan isn't slanting his argument one bit, just as I'm sure that he follows Karlsson around town and to the various charities he donates his time too.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Sorry, he is. Karlsson was talking in scrums post-game. A player isn't -- and shouldn't be -- at the beck and call of the media. It'd make the media's job easier, sure, but it's far from a requirement.

As for slagging off the kids' autograph attempts... source? Haven't heard of this.
Various charities rule.
Giving to charities is awesome and extremely fan-friendly. Not to mention, it provides a few minutes here and there for the people that pay his salary.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

sorry, what was that you said?

Pitlick*

The best way to get rid of Brennan is to ignore him. Like the Simpsons, where they stop looking at the giant attacking billboard characters, and they keel over.

Writing angry comments about how stupid he is on the Sun comments pages helps him keep his job through page hits.

When Brennan is coming on to Team 1200, I flip over to 1310.

I haven't bought the Sun in years. If I check out their website, I try not to read Brennan articles.

I follow Garrioch on twitter, and link to his articles that way.

"Just don't look, just don't look" -Paul Anka

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
^true

just don't click on sun links and don't read that dirty rag. I won't be mentioning his name anywhere from now on (not that i did before)

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

I guess you consider blowing off Brennan as blowing off little kids Never heard that accusation anywhere about EK though I have heard about his work for the Boys and Girls club.

He has met the media pretty regularly except for a week and a half or so. But he is unlikely to have any special interviews with Brennan despite or because of Brennan's attempts to bully and good on him.

if anyone wants to see Brennan in full cry after someone try to get some of his articles on former CFL commissioner Wright when he delayed naming Gleiberman the new owners of the Ottawa Renegades. Brennan was a major fan of the Gleiber men and his attacks on Wright were unbelievably vicious and over
the top.

John Holmes*

I already acknowledged that nobody can sign every autograph every time.

The point is that Brennan or whichever media hack, is a conduit to the fans whether you like it or not. Access to Don Brennan results in access to the fans through the articles he writes.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
There are 50 other sportswriters in this city that aren't don Brennan. He can be ignored with no ill effects for the fans.

Pitlick*

Alfie: "Erik, did you know that you can buy a house in Detroit for $200? And as you're a dog lover, there are thousands of stray dogs everywhere!"

EK: "Wow, I'll be there in 5 years!"

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I think this thread may need to be re-activated.

Donny's been trolling for the past few weeks on Twitter and having him on TSN1200 this morning bashing King Karl was a joke.

Get outta town Donny. No one reads your junk anymore.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think this thread may need to be re-activated.

Donny's been trolling for the past few weeks on Twitter and having him on TSN1200 this morning bashing King Karl was a joke.

Get outta town Donny. No one reads your junk anymore.
Yeah he is as excited as a little kid . It would be a red letter day Donny left town.

Karlsson2Turris*

Even though Karlsson is no longer what he once was, there's no reason to bash him for every single play. He is what he is now after the injury, a high-risk high-reward offensive machine who makes questionable defensive plays at times.

Still an elite defenceman.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brennan hates the Sens. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he hated hockey in general. The guy would be overjoyed if the Sens left town....that seems to be his underlying motivation all these years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad