Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
hahahahaha.....hahahahahah...hahaahahaha....

The Canadiens had 71 points last season. The Coyotes had 70. One damn point! Hahaha.

In their last 41 games of the season, the Coyotes had 47 points. The Canadiens had 33.

In their last 20 games of the season, the Coyotes had 24 points. The Canadiens had 15.
Habs were kinda missing a couple of very important players down the stretch last season, they are better than their record but certainly not a Cup contender at this time. But comparing AZ and Montreal last year is like claiming to be the taller midget.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Here's my 2 cents from my experience in managing people.

If you don't believe that your leader is invested in your development or in you as a person it is very easy for that employee to become disenchanted and performance suffers. I get the sense that the Habs moved on from Galchenyuk two years ago with his off ice stuff. They just didn't pull the trigger on a trade until now and in between did their best job to alienate him.

Now it's up to Galchenyuk to re-find that spark and hopefully Tocchet can gain that trust that will result in him taking a step forward in his progression.

These "off-ice" issues are really tough to track down there was rumors about substance abuse and rehab but nothing confirmed. Now the narrative seems to be that his dad is too involved. That source is as hacky as hacky gets. In the Montreal fishbowl, I can't imagine stuff that stays at the level of whispers and winks should really have much credit. If those things have any traction, you'd think they'd be held up for all to see, and all the lights shown brightly on them.

Anyone else remember when the Monreal media tried to pretend the Kostitsyn brothers had ties to the Russian mafia? Haha.

Reactions: Habs178

rt

May 13, 2004
Habs were kinda missing a couple of very important players down the stretch last season, they are better than their record but certainly not a Cup contender at this time. But comparing AZ and Montreal last year is like claiming to be the taller midget.
Am I the one who wrote "..if he can’t cut it on the worst team in hockey, he won’t be able to blame..."?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Am I the one who wrote "..if he can’t cut it on the worst team in hockey, he won’t be able to blame..."?
If they had written 3rd worst would you be ok with the statement? It's hard to name a team that has been worse for longer.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

I really didn't agree with the part complaining about why Montreal didn't address their needs with this deal. Seems quite clear to me they weren't getting more than Domi (just like we weren't getting more than Galchenyuk).
He's right about how immediately the talk of Domi potentially playing center was silly.

I'm also definitely not on board with this goals >>>>>>>>>> assists thing.
It's more like > or >> chevrons.
Domi never would have been drafted as high as he was if NHL GMs really thought this way. Even pre-injury he never had a + shot at the NHL level. Domi's goal scoring problems were not just purely a function of a poor shot either but blowing grade A chances when the goalie was down and out. That was a massive part of the story of the early season Coyotes last year and Domi wasn't the only one doing it.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If they had written 3rd worst would you be ok with the statement? It's hard to name a team that has been worse for longer.

The Yotes have been a legitimate lottery team since 2015. Four seasons. There are plenty of teams that have sucked for longer than that.

rt

May 13, 2004
Are you being willfully obtuse. I’m saying the Canadiens are also dog shit and are also a complete mess. I’m not acting like we are the better team. That’s what the author did. He’s acting like Montreal is a better situation. Obviously we’re in the same basement. I think you know that and you’ve reached a point where you are just picking. Are you really sure you’re a Coyotes fan? It seems like over the last few months you’ve given up on cheering and gone to full time needling. Maybe I’m being unfair?

rt

May 13, 2004
I really didn't agree with the part complaining about why Montreal didn't address their needs with this deal. Seems quite clear to me they weren't getting more than Domi (just like we weren't getting more than Galchenyuk).
He's right about how immediately the talk of Domi potentially playing center was silly.

I'm also definitely not on board with this goals >>>>>>>>>> assists thing.
It's more like > or >> chevrons.
Domi never would have been drafted as high as he was if NHL GMs really thought this way. Even pre-injury he never had a + shot at the NHL level. Domi's goal scoring problems were not just purely a function of a poor shot either but blowing grade A chances when the goalie was down and out. That was a massive part of the story of the early season Coyotes last year and Domi wasn't the only one doing it.
The central point I thought was that Montreal didn’t do enough for that player during his time there. I thought it was the perfect counterpoint to the couple of “what more could we do?” articles out of the gazette and rds recently. Just trying to balance the hatchet jobs.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Coyotes start the year missing goaltending and virtually two of our top 4 defensemen... so apples to apples really. Some people just shouldn't be journalists, that's what we all need to take from this. Plus Pi's got a point. The Oilers are statistically one of the worst teams in hockey and they have arguably the best player in the league.

Reactions: Peanut

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Are you being willfully obtuse. I’m saying the Canadiens are also dog **** and are also a complete mess. I’m not acting like we are the better team. That’s what the author did. He’s acting like Montreal is a better situation. Obviously we’re in the same basement. I think you know that and you’ve reached a point where you are just picking. Are you really sure you’re a Coyotes fan? It seems like over the last few months you’ve given up on cheering and gone to full time needling. Maybe I’m being unfair?
I don't like it when folks attack the Coyotes senselesly and I don't like it when folks act the other way either. Folks here are ready to attack all things Canadian and wish every ill on their teams while claiming the higher moral authority because they started it. That's just BS IMO. We traded a guy with flaws who might not have reached his potential, we get a guy who is more skilled but might lack drive and has hopefully yet to reach his potential. To blame the Habs only for Galchenyuk not panning out is just plain wrong, both have blame to share. Hopefully he has learned from the experience but normally a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The central point I thought was that Montreal didn’t do enough for that player during his time there.

Oh sure that's all fine. I guess I just don't read enough traditional media though because I find that particular observation normal :laugh:

But maybe it is more noteworthy coming from a pro analyst like Ferraro.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Coyotes start the year missing goaltending and virtually two of our top 4 defensemen... so apples to apples really. Some people just shouldn't be journalists, that's what we all need to take from this. Plus Pi's got a point. The Oilers are statistically one of the worst teams in hockey and they have arguably the best player in the league.
All correct except RT was more interested in the end of season rather then the beginning, cherry picking at it's best. The Oilers have some organizational issues and might never reach their potential until they are corrected.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
because they started it.

Welllll...yeah? :laugh:

But I don't even think that's what rt was doing anyway. It's a glass houses observation that Montreal is somehow a tougher environment for Galchenyuk to break in at C. Makes no sense on its face if you look at the rosters and performance last year. It was an incredibly stupid point by whoever wrote the piece.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Welllll...yeah? :laugh:

But I don't even think that's what rt was doing anyway. It's a glass houses observation that Montreal is somehow a tougher environment for Galchenyuk to break in at C. Makes no sense on its face if you look at the rosters and performance last year. It was an incredibly stupid point by whoever wrote the piece.
The post I answered only talked about worst team in League and he wanted to cherry pick stats to show Coyotes in a much better light. He did not mention anything else from article.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If the article is truthful I sure hope player has learned and Dad has stepped back. No team needs that BS in the room.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think some F=40 posters need to go set Ferraro straight about development.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Galchenyuk always flashed huge potential but he never got to put it together constantly yet.

He lacks speed and I would say his hockey IQ is average. I think he is a good kid , has great great physical abilities but he does not seem that life smart if it makes sense.

You get a 6'2 player with a killer wrist shot and one timer that can be pretty frustrating to watch as he does not have separation speed thus making it hard for him to use his wrist shot , he can make a backstrom like pass followed by two straight give aways.

He did improve his defensive play this year and at some points he really seemed to get it, Julien deserves some credit for it.

All in all im not sour about Alex and I hope he blossoms with you guys.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't like it when folks attack the Coyotes senselesly and I don't like it when folks act the other way either. Folks here are ready to attack all things Canadian and wish every ill on their teams while claiming the higher moral authority because they started it. That's just BS IMO. We traded a guy with flaws who might not have reached his potential, we get a guy who is more skilled but might lack drive and has hopefully yet to reach his potential. To blame the Habs only for Galchenyuk not panning out is just plain wrong, both have blame to share. Hopefully he has learned from the experience but normally a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
I called both players warty. I’ve been trying to say this is an even trade from the start despite main forum pandemonium about Montreal being ripped off. I’ve been circumspect about this deal from the hop and taken heat about it here.

You aren’t arguing with me. You’re having some other argument.

The post of mine you responded to was my reaction to the author essentially saying “good luck with that trash fire of a team, Alex” as if the Canadiens weren’t exactly the same amount of burning garbage that we are. That was the only issue I addressed.

Your response was to inform me that Montreal was dealing with some injuries late in the year? Haha. What the f***? Like that matters or is any different from us. That organization is becoming completely unraveled. Maybe we’ve been in tatters longer, but today we’re no different from them.

rt

May 13, 2004
All correct except RT was more interested in the end of season rather then the beginning, cherry picking at it's best. The Oilers have some organizational issues and might never reach their potential until they are corrected.
Buddy. Why would you not be concerned about chronological order in analyzing a trend? What’s a trend? Of goddamned course I’m looking at recent events. Now I hope you’re trolling.

rt

May 13, 2004
The post I answered only talked about worst team in League and he wanted to cherry pick stats to show Coyotes in a much better light. He did not mention anything else from article.
41 consecutive games is cherry picking. Literally the entire second half of the season, in order, with no omissions is cherry picking. Got it. I don’t think you understand what cherry picking is.

Reactions: CC96

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
41 consecutive games is cherry picking. Literally the entire second half of the season, in order, with no omissions is cherry picking. Got it. I don’t think you understand what cherry picking is.
A season is 82 games, the total points for those is all that counts. Cherry picking is taking the part of the season that favors your team and comparing it to the part of the season that less favors your comparison and claiming you are better. The Author didn't really lie as we have been the League's worst team or bottom 2 or 3 for last few seasons. The Habs have not.

Reactions: Llama19

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Which empty netter was it? :laugh:

2cj0gi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad