Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Coyotes hope to ease Dylan Strome into NHL at wing

-- Steve Sullivan, Coyotes AGM and head of player development.

That was back in November, and the stint at wing didn’t really work out that well for Strome.

If we’re serious at sticking Galchenyuk at center, I’d much rather move Dvorak to wing given he’s ROR-lite and ROR made a similar extended move to wing successfully in Colorado after the Avs drafted MacKinnon.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I sometimes wonder if you bother to read what I post. You typed the bolded in response to a post where I gave Tippett credit for Domi/Duclair success in their first year.

The dictionary definition for "development" includes the words "growth" and "progress." Neither Domi nor Duclair showed either after their initial success under Tippett. So by definition neither of them developed over the past three years. Whether it's Tippett's fault or the players' fault is immaterial to that specific fact.
The fact is they both had a great first year under Tip, and both were way worse under Tocc. I don't need a dictionary, just results, to come to a reasonable conclusion. Of course I am sure that pro coach number 3 and 4 for Domi/Duke will help unleash their "development/growth/progress".

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sept-Dec 2015
Domi: 10-16-26 +/- 0 in 36 GP .722PPG
Duke: 10-9-19 +3 in 35GP .543PPG

Jan -Apr 2016
Domi: 8-17-25 +3 i n 44GP .568PPG
Duclair: 10-15-25 +10 in 45GP .556PPG

Sept-Dec 2016
Domi: 5-11-16 -5 in 26 GP .615PPG
Duke: 3-4-7 -3 in 33GP .212PPG

Jan-Apr 2017
Domi: 4-18-22 -4 33GP .667PPG
Duke: 2-6-8 -3 in 24GP .333PPG

Truly stunning job of development and putting them in a position to succeed. They both regressed progressively under his tutelage. Saying noone else was able to revive the plant you didn't water, doesnt doesn't mean you were the best plant sitter.

Reactions: Yandover and CC96

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely. He needs reps. At this level. We now have a roster that can protect him and still have him play with talent. Crouse, Perlini, Fischer, etc are all viable 4th line candidates with Strome right now. We have some NHL depth. They can actually creat a matchup problem. And he has zero to prove in the A.

This is fundamentally different than a world in which he plays nine minutes of "kill clock"-time with Chipchura, Moss, Holland or another last chancer where all the coach wanted from them was to not allow a goal.
I agree. This trade for Chucky might motivate Strome. Like RT said, Strome has to have his best off season training and come to camp in excellent condition to make the team.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well you said something to the effect your surprised Montreal didn't go for STrome. So doenst that mean you think he has value? Or you think MOntreal is stupid? LOL
Of course he has value, but I thought it would be Strome +.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
In all honesty I think the days of the specialty lines (checking, energy, etc.) are going away. Tocchett seems to want to roll four lines that can all do the same thing at full speed.
It's nice to roll four lines, but the talent level will dictate what they are capable of. You won't be having your fourth line scoring like your first line.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
In all honesty I think the days of the specialty lines (checking, energy, etc.) are going away. Tocchett seems to want to roll four lines that can all do the same thing at full speed.
What he wants and what he does are two different things. Tocchet was matching lines all season long.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I agree. This trade for Chucky might motivate Strome. Like RT said, Strome has to have his best off season training and come to camp in excellent condition to make the team.
I don't think Strome lacks any motivation . He's in excellent condition. He played very well in the AHL.
His game is just not good enough for the NHL. And they way he plays he cant be a 4th line grinder.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would love to get to the place where the old Wings were, with Scotty rolling one line after another and simply inviting the opposing teams to match up as they wished, or could. Are we there yet? (couldn't resist)

Reactions: cobra427

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I would love to get to the place where the old Wings were, with Scotty rolling one line after another and simply inviting the opposing teams to match up as they wished, or could. Are we there yet? (couldn't resist)

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Sorry, I don't follow. "I want Stepan on Thornton" is traditional. " I want Stepan on Thornton if it's Wednesday" is not traditional?

He can correct me if he'd like but I think what he meant is that it's traditional to put out a checking line to counter the opposing team's scoring line, but it's become less common to build a team with the "traditional" two scoring lines, checking (third) line, and energy (fourth) line.

... or if you're the 2013-14 Coyotes, one half-assed scoring line and three checking lines.

Reactions: CC96 and Yandover

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
You had to remind me, didn't you...

Dave+Tippett+Phoenix+Coyotes+Introduce+New+36kbR2kmVacl.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's not that some or even all of the things mentioned in that article aren't plausible, but that article uses about the least neutral language possible :biglaugh:
The biggest tell though is at the end when it says HEY GUISE THE PK TRADE WASN'T THAT BAD.

Reads like one of those articles the Boston media runs about every Red Sox player that leaves.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If nothing else, it will answer the question of whether Galchenyuk is a centre, because if he can’t cut it on the worst team in hockey, he won’t be able to blame it on Rick Tocchet.
hahahahaha.....hahahahahah...hahaahahaha....

The Canadiens had 71 points last season. The Coyotes had 70. One damn point! Hahaha.

In their last 41 games of the season, the Coyotes had 47 points. The Canadiens had 33.

In their last 20 games of the season, the Coyotes had 24 points. The Canadiens had 15.

Last edited:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Here's my 2 cents from my experience in managing people.

If you don't believe that your leader is invested in your development or in you as a person it is very easy for that employee to become disenchanted and performance suffers. I get the sense that the Habs moved on from Galchenyuk two years ago with his off ice stuff. They just didn't pull the trigger on a trade until now and in between did their best job to alienate him.

Now it's up to Galchenyuk to re-find that spark and hopefully Tocchet can gain that trust that will result in him taking a step forward in his progression.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've heard that about his old man before. Who knows, he was journeyman semi pro himself and seems strange that he wouldn't understand player etiquette. Anything is certainly possible though and if this is all true, hopefully he will have matured and will move on from his fathers meddling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad