Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Me too. Replace that UFA/TyJo with Zadina and I’m real happy.
Perlini-Galchenyuk-Zadina is three snipers who aren’t much for passing. I want Zadina too, but I’d try splitting those three up.

My three North/South bangers would be Panik, Fischer and Crouse. My three set up guys would be Keller, Stepan, and Strome. Closers would Galchenyuk, Perlini, and Zadina. My defensive minded checking/shut down line would be Dvorak, Kruger, and Cousins.

Crouse-Galchenyuk-Keller
Panik-Stepan-Zadina
Kruger-Dvorak-Cousins
Perlini-Strome-Fischer

...or some such...

Reactions: Katie Connauton

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like the idea of Dvo on Galchenyuk's wing to take faceoffs and provide a two-way presence on the line. If Alex isn't working at C, we reevaluate.

I like Perlini and Strome on a line to use situationally until they prove they are consistent threats.

I wish we would add a proven NHL forward.

Panik-Stepan- Add
Dvo-Galchenyuk- Keller
Crouse-Kruger-Cousins
Perlini-Strome-Fischer

Wouldn't mind Brodziak as Kruger insurance either. Wingels and Winnik can play up and down the lineup and have the ability to line up at center, too. Veteran adds like Neal, Perron, or something even Nash would be fantastic, but probably out of our price range.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
@rt I like those lines. Depth at C is incredible if Chucky and Strome both work there. Have to feel bad for Dvorak in that scenario though. He showed in London that he can put up big points with talent aroun him.

rt

May 13, 2004
If the best 4 centers (We're giving the nod to Strome in this experiment) all end up playing center the minute distribution is gonna be weird :laugh:
Nah. Strome plays less. The checking line is going to get minutes. By necessity, that line will play as much as the other team’s top line. I trust Kruger-Dvorak-Cousins more than any other possible combination to do that job. I guess I’d rather limit Panik’s minutes on the Strome line than Perlini’s.

Keller-Galchenyuk-Fish
Perlini-Stepan-Zadina
Kruger-Dvorak-Cousins
Panik-Strome-Crouse

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome was put on wing a few games to let him acclimate to the NHL game speed then move to center. Never was an "experiment".
I think you have it wrong. He came up and played C then was switched to wing where he was lost and then sent back down. I think that is when they put Domi at C. It was an experiment that went wrong, same as Domi at C.

Reactions: cobra427

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Merkley is anywhere close to ready. Let's see if he can get to training camp without injuring himself.

He needs one good season of reps in the A. Of course, I've never been a Merkley guy. I'd try to sell high on him if he had a good season in the minors.

rt

May 13, 2004
I like the idea of Dvo on Galchenyuk's wing to take faceoffs and provide a two-way presence on the line. If Alex isn't working at C, we reevaluate.

I like Perlini and Strome on a line to use situationally until they prove they are consistent threats.

I wish we would add a proven NHL forward.

Panik-Stepan- Add
Dvo-Galchenyuk- Keller
Crouse-Kruger-Cousins
Perlini-Strome-Fischer

Wouldn't mind Brodziak as Kruger insurance either. Wingels and Winnik can play up and down the lineup and have the ability to line up at center, too. Veteran adds like Neal, Perron, or something even Nash would be fantastic, but probably out of our price range.
The Dvo/Chucky thing might have something to it. Good idea.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Merkley is anywhere close to ready. Let's see if he can get to training camp without injuring himself.

He needs one good season of reps in the A. Of course, I've never been a Merkley guy. I'd try to sell high on him if he had a good season in the minors.
If you listen to last Bob McKenzie podcast he talks about a player that was 2nd on everyone's list. This player was rated in the teens by one team and fell all the way to the end of the first round. That player based on that story is Merkley. Calgary is the team who had him at around 14 if ,Emory serves me correctly.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nah. Strome plays less

How much?
Is it worth having him in the lineup at all if he's playing 9 minutes every other game?

Either all the lines end up closer together in TOI or one gets buried. The more common approach is one gets buried.

I also don't think Tocchet actually wants to run a shutdown line as such, he didn't last season until it became a necessity when the middle 6 was almost entirely in a slump.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sniper said:
How much?
Is it worth having him in the lineup at all if he's playing 9 minutes every other game?

Absolutely. He needs reps. At this level. We now have a roster that can protect him and still have him play with talent. Crouse, Perlini, Fischer, etc are all viable 4th line candidates with Strome right now. We have some NHL depth. They can actually creat a matchup problem. And he has zero to prove in the A.

This is fundamentally different than a world in which he plays nine minutes of "kill clock"-time with Chipchura, Moss, Holland or another last chancer where all the coach wanted from them was to not allow a goal.

rt

May 13, 2004
Absolutely. He needs reps. At this level. We now have a roster that can protect him and still have him play with talent. Crouse, Perlini, Fischer, etc are all viable 4th line candidates with Strome right now. We have some NHL depth. They can actually creat a matchup problem. And he has zero to prove in the A.

This is fundamentally different than a world in which he plays nine minutes of "kill clock"-time with Chipchura, Moss, Holland or another last chancer where all the coach wanted from them was to not allow a goal.
10,000 likes.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I don't think he has enough value to trade. Might as well hitch your wagon.
I see a lanky, young centerman with great vision who dominates lower levels and continues to improve and put up points with the more reps he gets and the chance to acclimate. He put up points with snakebit Domi and Rinaldo in his latest stint, so I feel like it's a bit early to assign him to the trash bin.
Tons of guys who dominated junior and lower pro's and their game simply didn't translate into the NHL. That's how I see this kids game. I like him. I'm pulling for him. But being objective I cant see it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Strome needs to play 3rd line. He is not a checking, defensive center. Chucky can play 2C, Dvo on his or Strome's wing, for a year, until Stepan or Strome is moved. If the centers play well, we can play Stepan as 3rd line and make it the shutdown line against opposing 1st lines, moving Chucky and Strome up.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Strome needs to play 3rd line. He is not a checking, defensive center. Chucky can play 2C, Dvo on his or Strome's wing, for a year, until Stepan or Strome is moved. If the centers play well, we can play Stepan as 3rd line and make it the shutdown line against opposing 1st lines, moving Chucky and Strome up.

I don't even mind playing Dvorak on the "4th" line. Roll four lines. Have Dvo on the checking/shutdown line with Crouse and Cousins. Super sticky, sneaky offensive.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

In all honesty I think the days of the specialty lines (checking, energy, etc.) are going away. Tocchett seems to want to roll four lines that can all do the same thing at full speed.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's not a checking center. You use him to create a match up problem at home for someone else's bottom six, and you shelter him as much as possible on the road even strength.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I think you have it wrong. He came up and played C then was switched to wing where he was lost and then sent back down. I think that is when they put Domi at C. It was an experiment that went wrong, same as Domi at C.

Coyotes hope to ease Dylan Strome into NHL at wing

“Maybe Dylan Strome starts on the wing and it’s a little bit easier for him and he’s able to get his pace of play going faster going up the walls. We do a lot of things with our wingers to help get them going a little quicker so maybe this helps him and there’s not as much responsibility. Putting him on a wing might help him ease his way into the NHL and have some success.”
-- Steve Sullivan, Coyotes AGM and head of player development.

He also stated Keller could some day move to center. But not as a 19 year old..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad