Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't recall ever writing or thinking tgat fans didn't love or appreciate PK? I like the player and the person but to deny he was an issue in Montreal dressing room is just obtuse.
Who cares? I don't give a rats a-- about PK or the Habs, or Nashville. For me personally, I would grow tired of too much PK OFF the ice. On the ice, I love him. If he helps me win, that is who I want playing with me. This racism thing has gone to far in today's society. Sticks and stones.:)

Reactions: cobra427

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, this crap really doesn't happen much. NHL players rarely put themselves before team. PK did that and team and teammates didn't like it. I assume all parties have moved past it but many rumours that he was offered to Ottawa for Karlsson this season so who knows??
Players trash talk all the time, and PK is one of the best at it. He sometimes goes a bit far in my opinion, but that is who he is.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Players trash talk all the time, and PK is one of the best at it. He sometimes goes a bit far in my opinion, but that is who he is.
Point me out a couple of incidents like the Listerine incident?? I'm not talking about trash talking that goes on during a game. This type of incident rarely occurs.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I don't recall ever writing or thinking tgat fans didn't love or appreciate PK? I like the player and the person but to deny he was an issue in Montreal dressing room is just obtuse.

PK's issues were mainly with the bigot coach and GM. Bergevin kept the idiot coach and traded Subban, a few months later they fired the coach. They chose wrong. I highly doubt any players in the room actually hated him enough to want their best player traded... not if they actually cared about winning a Cup. To think that a testosterone filled room of 20 men will not have issues is also being obtuse. Real men deal with it like professionals.

There's a saying that it's easier to fire a coach than to trade all the players in the room. In Montreal they did it backwards... they tried to trade every player that disliked the coach because he was BFF with the GM.

Weber was never as good as PK on his best day. I think Team Canada might disagree with you. Probably all Racists though??? There is more to being good at hockey than flashy offence. Weber is widely regarded as the top few D men of this era and I doubt one injury plagued year in Montreal will change that.

What does Team Canada have to do with anything? A pylon can play for team canada and still win a gold medal because they are friggin stacked! Plus they chose Jay Bouwmeester over Kris Letang. Tells you everything you need to know about their selection process. Weber's relevance in this league is largely based on his reputation. He is no longer the same player he once was.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Lost in all this is we hear Galchenyuk has been screwed around and forced to play Wing even though he feels he is a C and he’s happy we are going to give him a fair shot at C. Of course to do so likely does the exact same thing to Strome. I’m not complaining but there is some irony here.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Lost in all this is we hear Galchenyuk has been screwed around and forced to play Wing even though he feels he is a C and he’s happy we are going to give him a fair shot at C. Of course to do so likely does the exact same thing to Strome. I’m not complaining but there is some irony here.
I see Galchenyuk as similar to Nylander in Toronto. I think he can play center but if you have a better center and can afford to let him run free on the wing boy he could be really good. But sometimes the player resists.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
It happened in the Final when he was pushing that BS mouthwash story and Crosby just laughed it off calling him a liar. It did not go over well with teammates as the media reported, obviously no teammates spoke about it on the record.
Oh really? Then why did his team mates all bring him bags stuffed with mouthwash the next game? They all thought it was hilarious because they knew what was really said between him and Crosby. He told Sid to go F*** himself and Sid said it back. The only people complaining were the MTL and PIT fans with axes to grind and the old guard Canadian media.
Don’t believe everything you read. P.K. is well loved in the NSH dressing room. Don’t kid yourself.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just because it was getting way more publicity than it deserved and they were in a cup final. There was more important stuff to think and talk about and the media would not let it go.
You just posted twice. First post told me it was BS, second post said I correct??? It was a singular issue, I doubt it went past that season, but don't kid yourself his team and teammates did not like what occurred, but I do think they like PK.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Some irony, but the argument is Chucky was the better option in Montreal - Strome???

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Words can and more often do hurt more than sticks or stones. In today's world, I would even say more die because or words then sticks or stones. Peace and respect everyone

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Who cares? I don't give a rats a-- about PK or the Habs, or Nashville. For me personally, I would grow tired of too much PK OFF the ice. On the ice, I love him. If he helps me win, that is who I want playing with me. This racism thing has gone to far in today's society. Sticks and stones.:)
Exactly, go chat about Montreal's problems, racism, poor me GM/coach, on your own forum, we could care less.

Reactions: Jakey53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad