Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

A Domi quip about Montreal is not helping his cause about wanting to play there.

"We're in Toronto now. Best city in the world. We had a short stay in Montreal... its all we could take. That's all we needed. That place sucks."
-Max Domi

Yeah, sounds like he wants to play here real bad Marc.

Here is the interview, interesting part starts at around 9:20:

2cjeie.jpg

Last edited:

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I've heard that about his old man before. Who knows, he was journeyman semi pro himself and seems strange that he wouldn't understand player etiquette. Anything is certainly possible though and if this is all true, hopefully he will have matured and will move on from his fathers meddling.

Perhaps a classic case of vicarious living?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
A season is 82 games, the total points for those is all that counts. Cherry picking is taking the part of the season that favors your team and comparing it to the part of the season that less favors your comparison and claiming you are better. The Author didn't really lie as we have been the League's worst team or bottom 2 or 3 for last few seasons. The Habs have not.
How does that saying go, "it's not how you start, but how you finish. We were a terrible team over all last year, and for me totally unexpected. This cherry picking 10,15,25,or 40 games is crazy. Like you said, a season is 82 games. I thought, and I think we should have been sniffing for a playoff spot last year, and this year anything but a playoff spot is a failure. Chayka has added a lot of talent the last two years, and I mean a lot, and with the kids progressing, excluding the first half last year, we should be there.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If the article is truthful I sure hope player has learned and Dad has stepped back. No team needs that BS in the room.
The only thing I don't like about Chucky is his last name. I know he was born in the good old USA, but all this crap we hear now about his Dad scares the hell out of me, if true.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
God forbid he teases his best friend Anthony Duclair about his home town. Who knew that young men who are close to each other are prone to good natured ribbing? What a travesty.

God forbid that a video became known to several non-Arizona fans yesterday, be misinterpretated. Who knew that there may have been an angle that suggested some other message. What a travesty.

You could have just provided context minus the extra condiments. Thanks anyhow.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
God forbid that a video became known to several non-Arizona fans yesterday, be misinterpretated. Who knew that there may have been an angle that suggested some other message. What a travesty.

You could have just provided context minus the extra condiments. Thanks anyhow.
Damn. How lonely did your MSPaint get while you typed up this reply?

The preceding “Roadtrippin” episode featured Duclair in Montreal. He made some good natured jokes about Domi. Max’s comments were a light hearted retort. They’re buddies.

Of course it’s clear in the Domi clip that he was kidding. But I enjoyed the propaganda poster! ;)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Of course the Montreal article called us "the worst team in hockey."

It's a Montreal paper, and an op-ed to boot, and no, it has nothing at all whatsoever to do with our win-loss record.

My big thing is... why would any of us be surprised to read this?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Damn. How lonely did your MSPaint get while you typed up this reply?

The preceding “Roadtrippin” episode featured Duclair in Montreal. He made some good natured jokes about Domi. Max’s comments were a light hearted retort. They’re buddies.

Of course it’s clear in the Domi clip that he was kidding. But I enjoyed the propaganda poster! ;)

The poster was meant to be as a good-natured barb. Just like Domi's shot. ;)

I'll just beg to differ on what some posts in this thread are suggesting -- Hab fans are not "crucifying" Domi over the deal. They just feel that Zona got the better of it, that is all. Nothing at all to do with Domi, he'll be appreciated on his own merits.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of course the Montreal article called us "the worst team in hockey."

It's a Montreal paper, and an op-ed to boot, and no, it has nothing at all whatsoever to do with our win-loss record.

My big thing is... why would any of us be surprised to read this?

Bah, it's one writer, he doesn't represent a whole city or all Montreal media.

The worst team in hockey is the one being run by the clown-GM in Montreal -- maybe it escaped that writer that he's living in a glass house.

I'm hoping Zona does well this year and that Galchenyuk is a driving force behind that success.

Reactions: Habs178 and Peanut

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like Montreal. I like the Habs. I hope they get new leadership and get back on track. I love to see them do well. Domi is one of my all time favorites and I’ve always really wanted to visit Montreal.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It hasn't been that long, maybe 3 years or so when Montreal was playing great at the beginning of the year and they handed us our asses. At that time I commented they were the best team I've watched us play in a long time. Guess it doesn't take that long to go up or down in the NHL these days. Let's hope we can take a step up this season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about Chucky is his last name. I know he was born in the good old USA, but all this crap we hear now about his Dad scares the hell out of me, if true.
Did his dad orchestrate the OHl draft to force his way to his preferred OhL destination?

I get the fear of the hockey parent but the asset we moved has an invested father as well.

Reactions: Habs178 and _Del_

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It hasn't been that long, maybe 3 years or so when Montreal was playing great at the beginning of the year and they handed us our asses. At that time I commented they were the best team I've watched us play in a long time. Guess it doesn't take that long to go up or down in the NHL these days. Let's hope we can take a step up this season.

3 years ago Montreal had Norris Trophy winner PK Subban, Stanley Cup winner Lars Eller and Alex Galchenyuk just to name a few. It doesn't take long to go from up to down when you have a General Manager that trades away your best players responsible for taking the team to the Conference finals for a bunch of scrubs, no offense to Domi... I'm sure he's a fine kid.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Montreal media is ruthless. There is a reason it is not a preferred market and it’s not just the outrageous tax rates.

Tax rates are a myth. Aside from Florida and the Texas states most of the other teams are all pretty similar and in the same ballpark percentage wise.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Did his dad orchestrate the OHl draft to force his way to his preferred OhL destination?

I get the fear of the hockey parent but the asset we moved has an invested father as well.

Very good point hbk! I want to share some info.

Firstly Galchenyuk's father was an ex-professional ice hockey player not unlike how Domi's dad played hockey. This "story" was just "leaked" to make it look like Bergevin had reason and to try and validate a questionable trade. This team does this to every player they trade like clockwork and quite frankly it's disgusting and classless. But at the end of the day maybe Galchenyuk's father did have a point. His kid wasn't getting a fair shake. Stanley Cup winner Lars Eller had to seek the help of a sports psychologist because of the unfair treatment by this Pejorative Slured management.

I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see Galchenyuk flourish in Arizona. Rick Tocchet is the one that helped Stamkos become who he is when no one thought he was an NHLer. For the first time in AG career he will have a real coach to work with. Now there may be some hard times ahead. Stamkos was a healthy scratch early on but if it ever happens at least it will be for the right reasons. To put it into perspective on why it didn't work out here for AG in Montreal, his two coaches were Michel Therrien who the Pittsburgh Penguins fired before going on to win the Stanley Cup and Claude Julien who ran goal scorer Phil Kessel and 21 year old superstar Tyler Seguin out of town.

Please take care of Alex Galechenyuk and really hoping your team pulls it together sooner rather than later. Good luck guys!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Very good point hbk! I want to share some info.

Firstly Galchenyuk's father was an ex-professional ice hockey player not unlike how Domi's dad played hockey. This "story" was just "leaked" to make it look like Bergevin had reason and to try and validate a questionable trade. This team does this to every player they trade like clockwork and quite frankly it's disgusting and classless. But at the end of the day maybe Galchenyuk's father did have a point. His kid wasn't getting a fair shake. Stanley Cup winner Lars Eller had to seek the help of a sports psychologist because of the unfair treatment by this ******ed management.

I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see Galchenyuk flourish in Arizona. Rick Tocchet is the one that helped Stamkos become who he is when no one thought he was an NHLer. For the first time in AG career he will have a real coach to work with. Now there may be some hard times ahead. Stamkos was a healthy scratch early on but if it ever happens at least it will be for the right reasons. To put it into perspective on why it didn't work out here for AG in Montreal, his two coaches were Michel Therrien who the Pittsburgh Penguins fired before going on to win the Stanley Cup and Claude Julien who ran goal scorer Phil Kessel and 21 year old superstar Tyler Seguin out of town.

Please take care of Alex Galechenyuk and really hoping your team pulls it together sooner rather than later. Good luck guys!
I'm Canadian. I get all the TSn and Sportsnet feeds. I have a lot of friends who are Hab fans. Most of which are prepared to switch allegiances if they deal Price btw. One friend asked me to text him if I ran into the Habs GM at the Memorial Cup as he wanted to go yell at him. Frustration levels are high with direction of the team to put it mildly. There was a lot of exasperation at the Galchenyuk deal. The decision to acquire another small winger and give up a player who some feel can play C didn't help the cause.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The poster was meant to be as a good-natured barb. Just like Domi's shot. ;)

I'll just beg to differ on what some posts in this thread are suggesting -- Hab fans are not "crucifying" Domi over the deal. They just feel that Zona got the better of it, that is all. Nothing at all to do with Domi, he'll be appreciated on his own merits.
We're probably over protective of Max. As you can see he was very popular here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad