Does Kucherov become the best hockey player in the world if he wins Stanley Cup this year?

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Brendan Point has actualy a point to be considered better than Kucherov. When i watch reviews of the games i periodicaly see how he makes some nice plays. This something that i absolutely cannot say about Kucherov, who is just skating around and doing some passes or shots, but nothing special at all in terms of skill

Kucherov blows Point out of the water offensively. It's not even close.

Reactions: kp61c

Right Wing

Oct 3, 2020
Agreed. Participating in cap scam for unfair advantage makes him one of the biggest losers in NHL. His legacy is tarnished for good. Zero respect for someone who prefers circumventing salary cap instead of being on ice.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely true. I have no respect for him or Tampa, and if they win the cup there should definitely be an asterisk added

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
You're one step closer to the asylum... congrats

Kucherov has a Hart, Art Ross, Pearson
Top 10 in scoring 4 times while leading the league once
Broke 100pt barrier twice
Has had the highest scoring season of the salary cap era

Point has been over a ppg once in his career. Kucherov has blown him out in scoring every year.

Clearly you're already in the asylum and I don't think they're letting you out anytime soon lol

Reactions: kp61c

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Gee I wonder why McDavid has so few playoff games in comparison to Kucherov. Kucherov definitely has ~4.5x the playoff games McDavid has because individually he's 4.5x the player that McDavid is. It's certainly not because the Lightning's supporting cast around Kucherov is 4.5x better than the Oiler's cast around McDavid.
I give it to McDavid but when he can’t lift his team past the lower seed Winnipeg Jets the criticism is fair. The Oilers were the highest seed so arguments about the supporting cast in that series carry little wait. He couldn’t lift his team when he needed to and it leaves valid questions about his ability.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Point has been over a ppg once in his career. Kucherov has blown him out in scoring every year.

Clearly you're already in the asylum and I don't think they're letting you out anytime soon lol

Your blind if you think regular season performance is as meaningful vs Playoffs

Look at the Hart nominees this season

Thats all Iam going to say

Point > Kucherov

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Your blind if you think regular season performance is as meaningful vs Playoffs

Look at the Hart nominees this season

Thats all Iam going to say

Point > Kucherov

You're just feeding me more ammo...
Look at Kucherov's playoff numbers. He went to the finals before Point was even in the league.
Have you seen how many times he has set Point up for chances so far in the playoffs? Point should have a bunch more goals with the looks Kucherov has given him.
There is no evidence to support your Point > Kucherov narrative.

You're crazy bro. Asylum crazy. But I'll let you enjoy it! We can all have our own opinions.

AJRAYMOND

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
I was curious too see how Point would do without Kucherov this year and I think he started out all right but in the end he wasn't a point per game player without Kucherov. Point's a good player but Kucherov IMHO is the third best player in the league just behind MacKinnon and McDavid is on another planet.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019

RocketDan is a known kucherov hater

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's McDavid. Kucherov is the best at certain aspects of the game, like deception, and creating plays from a dead stop. He's somewhere between the 2nd and 5th best player in the game, and probably closer to 2nd than 5th.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
McJesus is easily the best regular season player. Zero doubt.

Dude is fun to watch.

Reactions: geoo9

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Absolutely not. He's still in the discussion for top 3 though, regardless of whether or not he wins the Cup this year.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I give it to McDavid but when he can’t lift his team past the lower seed Winnipeg Jets the criticism is fair. The Oilers were the highest seed so arguments about the supporting cast in that series carry little wait. He couldn’t lift his team when he needed to and it leaves valid questions about his ability.

This is silly.

TB have 8 or 9 forwards better than Edmonton's 3rd best.
TB has probably 4 dmen better than Edmonton's 2nd best.
Vasilievsky > Smith ainec

UED

May 2, 2021
I think the guy who can challenge for #2 is Hedman(I think he is #2), not Kucherov. Kucherov is probably top 5 too though, certainly top 10, frankly he has an argument for being #3 he does have a Hart, that team is insane. Point might be the most overrated player in the league, very good player, a star and #1C, but didn't even come close to PPG without Kucherov and has only had one PPG season so far as a 25 year old. He was right in between Evander Kane, Johnny Gaudreau, Pavel Buchnevich, Elias Lindholm and JT Miller in terms of scoring this year without Kucherov. And nobody's better than a freak who scores 105 points in 56 games almost alone on an AHL team. I don't know where that idea comes from, there are a lot of people to blame for the Oilers playoff struggles, McDavid is the literal one guy who cant be blamed at all. Take him away and they honestly might be the worst team in the league, down there with Buffalo, Anaheim, SJ etc.

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
Yeah if you replace Kucherov with McDavid the other 90 million worth of players on Tampa's roster would barely know how to tie their skates :facepalm:

GoGoSens

Oct 27, 2017
No being the best hockey player in the world is some that is an individual accolade and that will be Mcdavid for ALONG time.

Winning the Stanley cup has nothing to do with a person skill its done by being on a good team.

Winning a Cup or not should have no bearing on how good someone is perceived because its a team oriented thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad