Does Kucherov become the best hockey player in the world if he wins Stanley Cup this year?

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Imagine being so dumb at knowing hockey you actually think mcdavid isn’t the best player by far in the world.

Anyone that knows and watches hockey knows mcdavid isn’t only in a tier of his own in hockey - he’s #1 at being better than the second best player in all four of the major North American sports.

Seems like you don't get the joke. This thread was a reply to 'Does Mackinnon become the Best Hockey Player in the World if he wins Stanley Cup this year'...

Does Mackinnon become the best hockey player in the world if he wins Stanley Cup this year

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Big No, what Tampa did, just tuck him away until playoff time, he is all fresh and have not gone through the rigors of a full season like all other players, is short of a scam and unfair practice that rob all other teams of their chances.
Had he played all season like everyone else, then he should be considered.

Tampa put away their 2 best players away only to have them play from game one in the playoffs, that is an incredible advantage over everyone else and should not be underestimated.

Wining is everything but every team has to play by the same rules to make a fair contest, win on your merits not because you are cheating.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Hoochi Papa

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Big No, what Tampa did, just tuck him away until playoff time, he is all fresh and have not gone through the rigors of a full season like all other players, is short of a scam and unfair practice that rob all other teams of their chances.

Tampa put away their 2 best players away only to have them play from game one in the playoffs, that is an incredible advantage over everyone else and should not be underestimated.

Wining is everything but every team has to play by the same rules to make a fair contest, win on your merits not because you are cheating.
[/QUOTE]

The Hawks did something similar in 2015. The cap should carry into the playoffs to prevent this stuff.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's amusing people don't realize this was a joke/parody thread because of the one about MacKinnon...

Does this need to be made about Phillip Danault for people to "get it"?

Reactions: User9992

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Winning the Stanley cup has nothing to do with being the best player in the world, so of course not. You can chirp McDavid all you want for lack of playoff success, but try telling me with a straight face that TB wouldn't be perennial cup favorites if McDavid was in Kucherov's place.

I think Kucherov can enter the discussion, especially after seeing him last playoffs. But it'll take a phenomenal postseason now, plus a dominant regular season in 21-22 to be considered the outright best player in the game, and who knows what other players may find themselves in that conversation. To me, it's quite clearly McDavid then MacKinnon, and an argument after that.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
This is just as bad as the MacKinnon thread. People need to stop applying the media's basketball narrative and logic to hockey. Hockey forwards basically play 1/3 of a game. Basketball sells you the illusion of it being a "team" sport and has caused people to attribute team championships in other sports to how dominant a star player is.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
First he should win his first Conn Smythe. But he's bound to be one of the best Russian hockey players of all-time.

But I'm amazed by him every time I watch him.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Anybody who watches Kucherov on the regular and is being honest can tell you that he is nowhere near 100%. I do think a point can be made that he is well rested, but he's playing a really passive perimeter type game. To be able to do what he is doing in spite of that, through misdirection and quick mental plays, and not speed or power, just shows you the immense amount of talent he has.

IMO, if you swapped teams for Kucherov and McDavid they would both do significantly worse. Kucherov makes the players around him significantly better, he's the ultimate PP QB, but he needs talent around him to use and take advantage of. McDavid is the best in the game at generating offense on his own, you could put him with a couple of fringe NHLers and he'd still probably be a PPG, however he is nowhere close to Kucherov's mental game and he'd see significantly less quality ice time playing for Tampa.

Reactions: User9992 and geoo9

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
He has another gear for the playoffs that other stars are missing. McDavid is still clearly the best player, but Kucherov must be one of the most adaptable players. No matter how you defend against him he figures out a way.
At the end of the day we have question:
Who is better - Best regualr season offensive player of last 5 years
OR best Playoff offensive player of last 5 years (or so).
For me answer is clear, like someone said - Real hockey begins at Playoffs. And only Playoff poinst are much more harder to score and much more important to team. Regular points mostly important for individual awards.
And need to stop that BS narrative - Kuch scores more at Playoffs because of a team- Kucherov scores more only because of himself and his actions and Hockey IQ

Last edited:

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
What's the deal with the absolute obsession to say that any player is better than McDavid?

I really don't get it. McDavid's obviously the best player in hockey.
What Kucherov have to made to consider him better than MCD? Score more in Regulars ? He scored but people continued to call him overhyped and that was Better Team etc..Kucherov scored more at Playoffs he is best of any current player at Playoffs last 5 years but people still said -That because of strong TB team.
Actually i dont know what Kucherov have to do to be considered as better than MAcDavid. People see only MacD flashy style - his speed , stickhandling, amount of regular points but to understand Kucherov game - it much more harder because his game based on his IQ - and that is main reason of his succesful Plaoff Stats. To regular fan Kucherovs game didnt catch eye -and you noticed his game only after rewatching 2-3 times. I actualy cant even imagine Mac D to make TBL better at playoffs as Kuch usually does using his IQ. MAcD relyes on his natural skillset / talients (speed etc) which is easier to shut down when PO came with increasing physical and psyhological intensity

Reactions: User9992

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020

Wining is everything but every team has to play by the same rules to make a fair contest, win on your merits not because you are cheating.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Participating in cap scam for unfair advantage makes him one of the biggest losers in NHL. His legacy is tarnished for good. Zero respect for someone who prefers circumventing salary cap instead of being on ice.

Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Agreed. Participating in cap scam for unfair advantage makes him one of the biggest losers in NHL. His legacy is tarnished for good. Zero respect for someone who prefers circumventing salary cap instead of being on ice.
You have some issues man. He had surgery and even came back slightly ahead of schedule.

like it’s not hard to actually read articles from before the season that detail the timeline.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
You have some issues man. He had surgery and even came back slightly ahead of schedule.

like it’s not hard to actually read articles from before the season that detail the timeline.
Like the one that said he's practising with team months before end of regular season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->