Does Kucherov become the best hockey player in the world if he wins Stanley Cup this year?

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It's amusing people don't realize this was a joke/parody thread because of the one about MacKinnon...

Does this need to be made about Phillip Danault for people to "get it"?

Amusing? How about this, this post is a complete and total Joke and reeks of total arrogance, ignorance, condescension and presumptuousness. You make it sound like every poster is supposed to be aware of every single thread on this forum and to be cognizant of the petty bickering amongst each and every poster on the board.

Your hubris embarrasses you. I wonder if you will "get it". :bow: to your own :blah:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Kucherov has a Hart, Art Ross, Pearson
Top 10 in scoring 4 times while leading the league once
Broke 100pt barrier twice
Has had the highest scoring season of the salary cap era

Point has been over a ppg once in his career. Kucherov has blown him out in scoring every year.

Clearly you're already in the asylum and I don't think they're letting you out anytime soon lol

What does any of this have to do with whether or not he is more valuable to the Cheat Team then Point?

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Yup winning the cup makes you a faster skater, gives you better vision, and a stronger shot. This would put him from top 5 to best.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I give it to McDavid but when he can’t lift his team past the lower seed Winnipeg Jets the criticism is fair. The Oilers were the highest seed so arguments about the supporting cast in that series carry little wait. He couldn’t lift his team when he needed to and it leaves valid questions about his ability.

Yes. I dont think the team is good enough, but dure isnt that sucky.
I think the main problem is lack of a Marchanf type on that line, Kassian aint that good

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Agreed but neither have a case. McDavid's in a tier of his own. Give McDavid a supporting cast of Point, Stamkos, Palat, Cirelli, Killorn, Coleman, Gourde, Johnson, Goodrow, Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, Cernak, Vasilevskiy or Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky, Saad, Nichuskin, Donskoi, Makar, Girard, Toews, Graves, Grubauer and he does better than either Kucherov or MacKinnon.

McDavid has been largely absent come playoff time, so he is fast developing a reputation as a regular season player only. Guys who get it done in the playoffs should always get consideration.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid has been largely absent come playoff time, so he is fast developing a reputation as a regular season player only. Guys who get it done in the playoffs should always get consideration.

I agree. It would be different if he had atleast over a point per game against actual playoff teams in his career so far, but infact he's well under. He went off against Chicago last season which boosts him up to barely over a point per game. Sure the sample size is small and I still think he's #1, but it's pretty disingenuous to pretend that if you put him on Colorado and Tampa he would just easily score more than MacKinnon or Kucherov when there's just no indication that he would. If the teams make that much of a difference then why does he so easily perform better in the regular season outside of Kucherov's 2019-19? It may be true that players can focus in on him more easily in the playoffs, but look at his opponents so far. Edmonton was the higher seed this year and he couldn't muster more than a goal and 3 secondary assists (which all came in one game) in a 4 game sweep while playing with Draisaitl. I would say there is absolutely no basis for assuming he would equal their production if he was in their place, and so to this point in his career there is no actual argument for him being a better playoff player. Whether or not that makes you #1 overall is up for debate but it's not crazy to want the better playoff performers since the whole goal of playing in the NHL is to win the Stanley Cup. Going forward I think he will put up some elite playoff performances, but it hasn't happened yet.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018

Kuch has only 5 Even Strength points in 12 PO games this year and is -1.
It's not like he is in another league come playoff time.
They are getting lots of PP time and he is part of a perfect PP starting five.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Kuch has only 5 Even Strength points in 12 PO games this year and is -1.
It's not like he is in another league come playoff time.
They are getting lots of PP time and he is part of a perfect PP starting five.
He is clearly not 100% if you have been watching him.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
If Bolts win it all, is he even favoured to win the Conn Smythe? I don't see how his legacy is greatly increased if he wins a cup this season without being a favourite or runner-up for it. I don't particularly like the Bolts much though I really like a lot of their players, including Kucherov though I just don't see it except for a casual fan's argument.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This is silly.

TB have 8 or 9 forwards better than Edmonton's 3rd best.
TB has probably 4 dmen better than Edmonton's 2nd best.
Vasilievsky > Smith ainec
No it’s not, I’m talking about his inability to get his team past Winnipeg, the depth TB has is irrelevant. He couldn’t do that and it’s a fair critique because the Oilers on paper should have won that series. I wouldn’t say the same thing if he couldn’t get the Oilers past TB because that’s where the depth is valid mitigation.

Reactions: alexgreeen

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
Kuch is great but guys like MacKinnon, Matthews and of course McDavid are better, they just don't have the 120 million payroll supporting cast.

Reactions: Future GOAT

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
Whaaaa? I wonder how McD would look if he traded places with Kuch in the playoffs...

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If Bolts win it all, is he even favoured to win the Conn Smythe? I don't see how his legacy is greatly increased if he wins a cup this season without being a favourite or runner-up for it. I don't particularly like the Bolts much though I really like a lot of their players, including Kucherov though I just don't see it except for a casual fan's argument.
Point will most likely win it due to the NHL's longstanding "Canadian Center" tiebreaker rule, whereby if two players are roughly equal in terms of impact while one is a Canadian Center and one is anything else, the Canadian Center likely takes home the hardware. :sarcasm:

(There is of course the alternative where they give it to the Goalie....)

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
No. But this is a pretty elaborate jinx thread.

Could instead call him one of the most clutchest playoff performers of the last decade though. I don't think too many people will get triggered by that sentiment. The numbers back up the claim to some degree.

And while I'm all for the ideology that numbers aren't everything about a player... trust me, Kucherov is better than any numbers you're ever going to see.

I don't know if I'd say he's better than the numbers, since he racks up points nearly effortlessly at times and has insane numbers...but he's definitely better than the eye test and that's because he's such a smart player he makes things look easy very often. He's not nearly as flashy or eye-catching (if flashy has a bad connotation) as McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews or even Point. He really is more of a passer than a shooter, but he happens to have a wicked and deceptive shot as well.

Reactions: User9992 and geoo9

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Cup and Conn Smythe this year and a scoring title next year and he might inch very close to the throne.

Right now I have it:

McDavid
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Draisaitl
Perry

HM- Matthews

2-5 are really interchangeable, but McDavid is the shiny penny right now, it's just the speed, hands and playmaking/IQ that is almost unmatched.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
No.

Also what is this "playing injured"? New persistent condition: Injured, but available to tear it up in the playoffs.

He's definitely looking "the best in the world" at that ^

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Whaaaa? I wonder how McD would look if he traded places with Kuch in the playoffs...
He Would look like Best player of a league without 2d-5th best player in a league -named Draisaitl.
Kuch havent anyone in tampa similar to Drai lvl to support him

Reactions: User9992

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad