Speculation: Does Alex Nylander make the team out of camp?

Does Alex Nylander break camp with the Blackhawks?

• Yes

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am not saying you specifically, I just don’t know how many times Stan can get lucky with these kinda trades, Strome was a good one but a very risky move which eventually might turn out to be a wash since Schmaltz was doing incredible there too, happy with the situation as it is now so no complains there. Joker for Nylander is more of a risky move if you ask me, this team did a patch job on the D this year by bringing in some injury prones, there isn’t much high end young talent on D coming up to fill all the holes in the next few years and creating a real defence core, people even wanted to add Byram along with Joker and Bovquist to have 3 guys hoping 2 of them will become important pieces, now there is one guy left. Can Nylander do well here, sure but to me from all that is presented he seems like the lazy type, all skill and no work ethic, a floater, rarely do those guys workout.

:huh: :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Seems weird to speculate about Nylander until he has a TC with us. If he looks good then he should be up here, if he doesn’t look good then send him to the AHL and send a plague of locusts to Bowman’s front door

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seems weird to speculate about Nylander until he has a TC with us. If he looks good then he should be up here, if he doesn’t look good then send him to the AHL and send a plague of locusts to Bowman’s front door

I mean it is summer on here but thank god camp starts tomorrow.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I personally think he will make the team out of camp because I think being traded to the Hawks provided him a reset and a new opprotunity. He seemed to key in on the fact that Hawks develop players and how he felt "wanted" which can be huge for any athlete.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
That post, and what I bolded in it, is all the proof necessary to show you read nothing on here, and hardly follow the Hawks. You just spout off random, meaningless, bull****.

Joker was higher than any of the guys you are thinking of... Like I was saying this team is missing D big time and the second tier D are far from it, heck Joker was the most ready of them all and ready to make possible big impact this year and now... I would have much rather kept him and saved 4M spent on Maatta, watch the Maatta move be horrendous very soon, soon things will blow in Stans face and you keep telling me to read...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Joker was higher than any of the guys you are thinking of... Like I was saying this team is missing D big time and the second tier D are far from it, heck Joker was the most ready of them all and ready to make possible big impact this year and now... I would have much rather kept him and saved 4M spent on Maatta, watch the Maatta move be horrendous very soon, soon things will blow in Stans face and you keep telling me to read...

Joker was the most ready but I would argue that he ranked behind Boqvist and Mitchell while be in a dead heat with Beaudin ceiling wise. Vlasic is a different type of D so I personally rank him differently.

Do you expect Maatta and de Haan to both be moves that fail? Again I think it is a fair question because there is a solid number of people who think both will do well and help improve our D.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Joker was the most ready but I would argue that he ranked behind Boqvist and Mitchell while be in a dead heat with Beaudin ceiling wise. Vlasic is a different type of D so I personally rank him differently.

Do you expect Maatta and de Haan to both be moves that fail?

No way! Joker is primed to be the next Lidstrom! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I mean, really? There's hardly any talented D prospects? Just one? Do I really need to say anything else in response to that?

Yes. For example you could debate how long it will be for these young Dmen to be mature enough to make the club and make a difference. I think 1 or 2 years is overly optimistic and it could be as long as 4 years for one or more of them. Will they even be in the org at that time?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Do you expect Maatta and de Haan to both be moves that fail?
Considering we gave up garbage for De Haan, I don't see how that move could possibly fail. Maatta could go either way. I prefer Kahun, but he was easy to replace whereas we need the help on D.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I dont see how Nylander makes the team personally. Unless there are spots on our third line or he looks good next to DeBrincat and Strome, we are better off with the hardworking defense guys to round out the roster.

Its a good situation because we can be patient with him. Even if he needs some more time in the AHL (only a few months or even a whole year) I would still not say it was a bad trade. Hes a project coming in, shouldnt be rushed.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Do you expect Maatta and de Haan to both be moves that fail? Again I think it is a fair question because there is a solid number of people who think both will do well and help improve our D.

So you are telling me the Hawks currently have 4 high end first round pick caliber D? That’s wishful thinking, let’s get one of them in the NHL before we start celebrating.

Number of people who think whatever doesn’t really matter, I like De Haan actually but he has major injuries as well, so if he gets fully healed I expect him to be good, my only concern with him is health.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Number of people who think whatever doesn’t really matter, I like De Haan actually but he has major injuries as well, so if he gets fully healed I expect him to be good, my only concern with him is health.

The number of people was not point. I was just stating the POV of myself and a some other posters. Was just adding context for the question. The question and getting your opinion was the point.

What about Maatta?

I agree about de Haan being good once he gets healthy.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Is it crazy to think that the Schmaltz/Strome trade and the Nylander trade were massive overpayments by Bowman?

In what world would the Schmaltz/Strome trade be an over payment?

Are you just spitballing? Or do you have a thought on it? (Not snarky)

Nylander could be potentially if he does not develop and Joker does.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The number of people was not point. I was just stating the POV of myself and a some other posters. Was just adding context for the question. The question and getting your opinion was the point.

What about Maatta?

I agree about de Haan being good once he gets healthy.

I already stated that Stan should not have gotten Maatta, today’s NHL is all about speed and he doesn’t have it, should have kept Joker and saved the extra cap space for next year and maybe signed someone for year. Kahun+Joker+ cap savings >>>> Maatta + Nylander

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I already stated that Stan should not have gotten Maatta, today’s NHL is all about speed and he doesn’t have it, should have kept Joker and saved the extra cap space for next year and maybe signed someone for year. Kahun+Joker+ cap savings >>>> Maatta + Nylander

When a GM is desperate to work immediately to shore up a terrible defensive corps these are the deals that are made. Maata comes pretty cheap and should help while the prospects mature.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
When a GM is desperate to work immediately to shore up a terrible defensive corps these are the deals that are made. Maata comes pretty cheap and should help while the prospects mature.

Kahun is not cheap, that’s an actual productive young player on a good contract this year. Stan works hard you right but he doesn’t work smart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad