Speculation: Does Alex Nylander make the team out of camp?

Does Alex Nylander break camp with the Blackhawks?

• Yes

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
We’re still using this to measure a player’s on-ice motivation?

Some people simply aren’t good in front of cameras, that’s a fact and it has no impact on their actual professional ability.

no I am not using that to measure his on ice motivation, just pointing out how I observe him, whether or not he is truly engaged moving forward and motivated to play is a question that his play will answer this upcoming season.

having said that his play last year certainly showed that he is lethargic and disinterested at times and I might add more times than not.

I could care less if that guy or any guy is good or bad in front of cameras at all, what the player does on the ice is really all that matters and Perlini left alot to be desired last year and I am pretty sure even you would agree with that.

I hope Perlini shows that he can focus and be more consistent this year, cause if he can, the guy can be a very, very useful player.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I guess I find his hatred of certain players more annoying than his obsessions, especially when the hated is a result of his obsessions.

And other posters with their own biases don't frustrate you? They can be negative or positive but almost everyone here has strong biases that they constantly push.

Genuine question coz I don't understand how one would bother you while others don't. I guess things we tend to agree with aren't viewed as pushed narratives, only the ones that we don't?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
And other posters with their own biases don't frustrate you? They can be negative or positive but almost everyone here has strong biases that they constantly push.

Genuine question coz I don't understand how one would bother you while others don't. I guess things we tend to agree with aren't viewed as pushed narratives, only the ones that we don't?

Pushed narratives bother me regardless of the poster. Typical disagreements are part of the reason why this board exists and why I enjoy posting here.

People learn and can positively engage through genuine discourse. Pushing narratives makes this place worse, in my opinion. Maybe others disagree and like the agenda driving and I’m wrong.

Reactions: Deas and Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
no I am not using that to measure his on ice motivation, just pointing out how I observe him, whether or not he is truly engaged moving forward and motivated to play is a question that his play will answer this upcoming season.

having said that his play last year certainly showed that he is lethargic and disinterested at times and I might add more times than not.

I could care less if that guy or any guy is good or bad in front of cameras at all, what the player does on the ice is really all that matters and Perlini left alot to be desired last year and I am pretty sure even you would agree with that.

I hope Perlini shows that he can focus and be more consistent this year, cause if he can, the guy can be a very, very useful player.

Your other post seemed to be the opposite of the bolded, but if I misread what you meant then it’s all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: featherhawk

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It's up to interpretation right (it's why this argument is here in the first place) but to me it's his behavior on the bench. I can try to find it but there are pictures where the whole team is almost falling over the bench (I guess end of game or serious chance) looking down one way, Perlini is staring into the abyss infront of him. On the ice he looks to make plays for himself, he doesn't engage with his body even though he has great physical gifts. He was scratched and had to have been given multiple chance by JC to get it together; he provides little to absolute zero off the puck game (again great tools). Never seen him give energy out there which a lot of the lesser well rounded players at least know to provide. Inconsistency and below average hockey IQ can, in my opinion be attributed to an entitled personality (he can think it's below him to scrap for every little inch - just one example).

While negotiating for his new contract there were reports he was looking for a grossly higher amount than what was consensus for him, he held out longer than most of our guys. He was already moved from the team that drafted him and is regarded league wide as a guy that still hasn't out it together. Arizona fans echo these sentiments.

Look, one by one these things aren't conclusive to any characteristic or personality traits. But add them all up and it's super easy to come to conclusions like he's entitled, he's more of a selfish player etc. I dont hate he stayed on the team for now, but for sure he's not my favorite player at all - and it's mostly because of his attitude.

So, it's primarily how you interpret his affect? GMAB.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
So, it's primarily how you interpret his affect? GMAB.

No, it's all of that together with the objective things, such as his previous coaches needing to provide him extra motivation, Perlini not milking his full toolkit, and how he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches of games.

How do you explain all the points that I bring up about him? Does that package scream squeky clean attitude to you?

I'm not saying Perlini is a detriment to the team and shows toxic behavior, but no, I don't think questioning his attitude is in any way an unreasonable thing to do.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No, it's all of that together with the objective things, such as his previous coaches needing to provide him extra motivation, Perlini not milking his full toolkit, and how he has a tendency to disappear for long stretches of games.

How do you explain all the points that I bring up about him? Does that package scream squeky clean attitude to you?

I'm not saying Perlini is a detriment to the team and shows toxic behavior, but no, I don't think questioning his attitude is in any way an unreasonable thing to do.

I get it that some folks watch a guy play and when they see untapped potential they look for a reason..... but some jump to conclusions that are unfounded and sometimes double and triple down to their view. That's what irks others.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I get it that some folks watch a guy play and when they see untapped potential they look for a reason..... but some jump to conclusions that are unfounded and sometimes double and triple down to their view. That's what irks others.

Spot on. Couldn't have said it better.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Oh yeah sure, and it frustrates me too. But 90% of us do it here (many without realizing) so I think it's funny to call someone out on it, and then turn around and do the same thing.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

He who lives in glass houses...

Reactions: Muffinalt

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Nylander needs to do something, anything memorable. His last thread turned into a Sikura debate and this one's going the way of Perlini. Alex gets no respect.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Your points are not close to proof. Staring in to the abyss on the bench? No. Negotiating for a deal and trying to maximize tour earning? Not even close to a bad attitude. If you want to claim a bad attitude at least come up reasons that are valid and real.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Your points are not close to proof. Staring in to the abyss on the bench? No. Negotiating for a deal and trying to maximize tour earning? Not even close to a bad attitude. If you want to claim a bad attitude at least come up reasons that are valid and real.

What proof? I'm stating reasons why his attitude can be questioned. The ones you brought up were subjective (you can't 'prove' they aren't issues just like I can't 'prove' they are) and up to interpretation, but I wrote down multiple objective ones too. It was the whole reason why I wrote up the post your quoting.

No matter how convinced you are of your opinion, it cannot be 100% proven since we don't know all the facts or the person. Same goes for my opinion I know that. But there are multiple factors with Perlini (which are not present with other players) that make it reasonable to question his attitude.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What proof? I'm stating reasons why his attitude can be questioned. The ones you brought up were subjective (you can't 'prove' they aren't issues just like I can't 'prove' they are) and up to interpretation, but I wrote down multiple objective ones too. It was the whole reason why I wrote up the post your quoting.

No matter how convinced you are of your opinion, it cannot be 100% proven since we don't know all the facts or the person. Same goes for my opinion I know that. But there are multiple factors with Perlini (which are not present with other players) that make it reasonable to question his attitude.

They aren’t reasons at all except if you searching to fabricate reasons. Staring off into the abyss on on the bench a few times or negotiating are not even close.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
They aren’t reasons at all except if you searching to fabricate reasons. Staring off into the abyss on on the bench a few times or negotiating are not even close.

You keep bringing up the two most subjective things while ignoring the rest. I'm talking about the whole package (as I said in literally all the posts above).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad