Doan yells at fans behind him in the box

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
A bunch of drunk yahoos probably saying all sorts of obscene crap. I'm not going to play the "stay classy" card on a player without knowing the full story.

I really like you, but shouldn't we give the same benefit of the doubt to the fans?

Maybe Doan simply rose from the wrong side of the bed that morning... ;)

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
It was the PQ that had a problem with it after the french ref incident circa 10 years ago.... he had allegedly called a ref a "****ing frenchie", but he denied it (others saying it was Martin Hanzal that acutally said it).

If I remember correctly, the now mayor of Montreal, Denis Coderre, kept going after him about the incident and they eventually settled on something.

as for this video.... who the hell cares.

Always blame the PQ, even if they have never been in the Parliament and even if Coderre was a Federal Liberal minister... ;)

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Doan is a loser meathead who cries all the time and is the kind of player who yells at the fans? I guess if every player did it there would be no big deal but they rarely do so it does make Doan stand out. Really not much more then he already does but it does stand out a little bit more. Add to the "legend".

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Meh pretty tame. I still don't want that guy on my team because, at least on the ice, he seems like a giant ******* (and on the ice is what matters). I don't care if he is the nicest person in the damn world outside of hockey, the guy comes across as a crybaby when games aren't going his way. No thanks.

As much as I dislike him, this is nothing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He's the worst leader in the nhl

Yeah man.

Shane+Doan+2012+NHL+Awards+Portraits+LzQLkZWP0Pdl.jpg
h042315A.jpg

Here's a look at 10 of the NHL's all-time best in providing the leadership that got the most out of their teammates:

10. Shane Doan

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640779

Absolutely the worst.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I don't see how posting his past accomplishments as having anything to do with his ridiculously childish and totally pathetic behavior on the ice over the past 4 years. He has become an embarrassment to his team and the game imo since the 12 playoffs. He is a crybaby who now even yells at the fans along with the refs. I am sorry but who he used to be is a far cry from who he is today. I don't think what he did in yelling at the fans was anything to bad in itself but taken as part of a larger picture shows you a player who has become a joke more than anything else. The Coyotes deserve allot better.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't see how posting his past accomplishments as having anything to do with his ridiculously childish and totally pathetic behavior on the ice over the past 4 years. He has become an embarrassment to his team and the game imo since the 12 playoffs. He is a crybaby who now even yells at the fans along with the refs. I am sorry but who he used to be is a far cry from who he is today. I don't think what he did in yelling at the fans was anything to bad in itself but taken as part of a larger picture shows you a player who has become a joke more than anything else. The Coyotes deserve allot better.

Personally, it was devastating to me to see Doan yap at fans from another team while in the penalty box.

I hope I can recover to once again be a fan of hockey some day in the future.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Personally, it was devastating to me to see Doan yap at fans from another team while in the penalty box.

I hope I can recover to once again be a fan of hockey some day in the future.

Why bother? You seem really broken up and there isn't much pro hockey around where you live anyways. I hear there is a great basketball team near you. You should give them a try. Less chance of getting so upset. ;)

illpucks

May 26, 2011
How does this have anything to do with being classy. Having people yelling at you that you are a steaming pile of **** 24/7 is not pleasant and sooner or later the player is going to lose it.

Here is the former DoPS head

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Shane Doan seems to have quite a few bad days at work these days. Slew footing unsuspecting opponents, crosschecking them, intentional elbows to the opponent's head, crying to the officials on a regular basis.

Like an earlier post said, he is pretty much just a sore loser.

Do you by any chance know what Shane Doan has gone though as a player in his career?

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Do you by any chance know what Shane Doan has gone though as a player in his career?

Do you honestly think that should be a factor in his embarrassing behavior on the ice? Lots of guys go through a significant amount of hell to play the game and don't act out like Doan does. His off ice challenges are well noted but that doesn't mean anything as to how he acts on the ice.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Meh pretty tame. I still don't want that guy on my team because, at least on the ice, he seems like a giant ******* (and on the ice is what matters). I don't care if he is the nicest person in the damn world outside of hockey, the guy comes across as a crybaby when games aren't going his way. No thanks.

As much as I dislike him, this is nothing.

Then I guess it shouldn't matter that he has come out in defense of hockey in Arizona on more than 1 occasion along with the fact that he has defended the Coyotes Fans from garbage attacks by those who want to see the team relocated.

Such a bad person. :shakehead

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Do you honestly think that should be a factor in his embarrassing behavior on the ice? Lots of guys go through a significant amount of hell to play the game and don't act out like Doan does. His off ice challenges are well noted but that doesn't mean anything as to how he acts on the ice.

His acts(regardless if excusable or not) are the result of what other players would do if they went through what he went through in their own careers and that includes going through a relocation and the threat of relocation on 2 other occasions.

You tell me another player in the history of hockey that has been though what Doan been though.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Then I guess it shouldn't matter that he has come out in defense of hockey in Arizona on more than 1 occasion along with the fact that he has defended the Coyotes Fans from garbage attacks by those who want to see the team relocated.

That's it? That is the best you have to defend the reason Doan shows increasingly poorer decisions during his play? I mean based on your opinion then Doan should simply quite playing and get a front office job with the team? The guy has shown on several occasions that he is an embarrassment at times and while that may only be when he is on the ice he is wearing the sweater of an Arizona player and as their capt it does reflect on the rest of the team. So he cheeleads for the Coyotes off the ice, that is great but it doesn't cancel out who he has become on the ice on many nights throughout each season.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
His acts(regardless if excusable or not) are the result of what other players would do if they went through what he went through in their own careers and that includes going through a relocation and the threat of relocation on 2 other occasions.

You tell me another player in the history of hockey that has been though what Doan been though.

Baloney.

Several other players have gone through as much and more than Doan (players have had children killed spoused die been broken and more and don't pull some of the garbage that Doan does).

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
That's it? That is the best you have to defend the reason Doan shows increasingly poorer decisions during his play? I mean based on your opinion then Doan should simply quite playing and get a front office job with the team? The guy has shown on several occasions that he is an embarrassment at times and while that may only be when he is on the ice he is wearing the sweater of an Arizona player and as their capt it does reflect on the rest of the team. So he cheeleads for the Coyotes off the ice, that is great but it doesn't cancel out who he has become on the ice on many nights throughout each season.

Also I defend Doan from those who display their irony with regards to "dirty" players.

As I said before, while some exceptions do apply, lots of fans don't like a player who is dirty, reckless, etc, except when they're playing on the team he/she is a fan of.

Look at for example Raffi Torres as he was hated highly by the Sharks Fans before the trade in 2013 but now those same people who hated him in the past like him on the Sharks now.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
As a Wings fan I thought it was hilarious he was giving back to the fans. He's still a sore loser most of the time, especially against Detroit, but this is hardly anything to make a big deal out of.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

I'm fairly sure I made my point clear. He can be the nicest person in the world off of the ice, but what matters is how he conducts himself on the ice. We already have a couple of guys with checkered pasts. We don't need another. I believe it is quite clear that Doan has given himself a bad name when we have a thread full of folks flipping out over nothing.

btw my favorite episode of Mantracker was the one with Doan. I'd probably hang out with the guy if we could keep the discussion away from religion (a Southern rule is all polite conversation should stay away from religion and politics), but as a hockey player I don't like him at all.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Also I defend Doan from those who display their irony with regards to "dirty" players.

As I said before, while some exceptions do apply, lots of fans don't like a player who is dirty, reckless, etc, except when they're playing on the team he/she is a fan of.

Look at for example Raffi Torres as he was hated highly by the Sharks Fans before the trade in 2013 but now those same people who hated him in the past like him on the Sharks now.

I don't see Doan as being dirty at all. Maybe he has had his moments but lots of intense players do. I am calling him out for being an absolute embarrassment to his team and the game in general since 2012 playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad