Doan yells at fans behind him in the box

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Come on guys, so he yells at some opposing fans giving him an ear full... big effing whoop. Lets talk when he squirts gatorade at them and they jump in the box.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Him getting up to yell at the fans is pretty funny actually. Just shows you how far off his game Glendening had him.

If you were going to start a thread about something Doan did, I would've gone with him chasing Glendening down to throw an elbow at the back of his head. And even then it's just Doan being Doan when he's losing.

gambitlebo

Apr 28, 2006
I don't like Doan. No, he's not a player I would want on my team.

Doesn't make him bad or anything, for me he's just one of those players I don't like.

Having said that, after watching the video, I don't see anything worth mentioning.

I never understood the people who think the fans can say or do anything they like and player have to take it. If you want to talk about classless people, it would be the cowards in the stands running their mouths knowing nothing will happen to them.

Buy your ticket and feel free to cheer or boo as you like. If you want to be the "tough" guy and talk trash to the players, that's fine, just don't cry if they respond.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Where can I buy one of the high horses that are used around here? Seriously, Doan chirping the fans isn't bad. He's human, he's frustrated, and some jerk from the opposing fanbase is chirping him. I don't blame him in the slightest for that.

Now, his on-ice antics are pretty bad.

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
red wings fan was clearly asking doan what restaurant around town was the best. jeez come on that looked like a normal conversation

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
What a non issue haha.

Who even knows what he's saying.

He's a super religious guy I can't imagine it's anything too blue.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wasn't giving Doan a pass because he's captain of a sympathetic team - frankly, since I'm in Boston and am admittedly a moderately myopic Bruins fan in terms of most of the hockey info I consume, I only get to see him twice a year.

I was giving him a pass on this one, isolated incident. He got a penalty, which was called properly. (Seriously, that's rare here. Our newest phenom got his stick broken on a faceoff with a slash tonight, and nada.)

And during the penalty, Doan mouthed a tiny bit at a fan. I've seen worse - Andy Ference telling the Habs fans that they were "number one" using not his first, second, fourth, or fifth digits. Lucic making the motions of churning butter near his waist. That's over the line, and I don't condone either of what they did.

But hell, Doan didn't seem to do much of anything - at least in that clip. If anything, he made the Red Wings fan's night. I'd never be brave enough to shout really bad stuff at a player (after all, if I'm near the box, I paid damn good money for the tickets, and I'm not leaving), but if I did shout something either stupid or clever at P.K. Subban or Chris Kreider while they were in the penalty box, it would make my night to have them shout back - so long as security isn't hauling me off.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You must have meet him on a good day

I challenge you to find someone that has something bad to say about him off the ice. He has more or less been a saint for the franchise for two decades. How he acts on the ice, especially in big games, the playoffs, or against rivals is completely different.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Doan is a 5 year old trapped in a 40 year old body.

That being said everything I've heard about him off ice is completely different than on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00