Doan yells at fans behind him in the box

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
Comes with age…getting grumpy. He probably shakes his fist at clouds too.

I'll see my way back to the favourite Simpsons moments thread on The Lounge now

ECE6ajk.jpg

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Eh. I hate when fans try to make themselves a part of the action. Cheer when something you like happens, boo when something you don't like happens. But other than that, shut up. Lol

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
A bunch of drunk yahoos probably saying all sorts of obscene crap. I'm not going to play the "stay classy" card on a player without knowing the full story.

puttebe

Jun 13, 2011
Glendening is such a weird dude though. Always taking elbows, sticks, pucks, skates and what not to the face and always skates around like nothing happened, no embellishment whatsoever and doesn't even cringe. Like he's unable to feel pain or lost so many braincells he doesn't really know where he's at.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Seriously disappointed in this thread now. He didn't yell. It seemed like either a little bit of chirping, but nothing big, or just talking.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well that was disappointing

He didn't even stand on the bench to deliver that tongue lashing

Must be the Powder Puff hockey league board if that deserved more than a chuckle.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Why was the Canadian Parliment debating wether or not Doan should be Team Canada Captain years ago?

It was the PQ that had a problem with it after the french ref incident circa 10 years ago.... he had allegedly called a ref a "****ing frenchie", but he denied it (others saying it was Martin Hanzal that acutally said it).

If I remember correctly, the now mayor of Montreal, Denis Coderre, kept going after him about the incident and they eventually settled on something.

as for this video.... who the hell cares.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
The bigger issue is the rook penalty he took at the end of a close game. Having a conversation with opposing fans...meh. I'd like to see players interact more with fans. An example of an interaction that would be thread worthy...

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
There's that good ol' Canadian leadership and passion he's revered for. Same as Thornton, Iginla, and Backes, meltdown when things get tough at the end, that's intangibles (or more accurately, being sore losers).

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Unsurprising, he consistently proves that he is one of the most classless players in the NHL. It blows my mind that some people still like him, although by this point most people I talk to realize he's a jerk.

Edit: Not that this specific situation is that bad, just par for the course by this point though.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Doan is a guy everyone wants on their team (not sure about now with age) and that everyone hates playing against.

Doan is the most overtouted player in the nhl. He's a slower overrated Chris Kunitz. He's the worst leader in the nhl and has hissy fights everytime the Yotes are getting beat by a few goals. I've never seen a player more overrated historically than Doan in the nhl by the media today. You'd think he's frigging Alfredsson or Thornton by the way some people talk about him. :laugh:

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Doan is the most overtouted player in the nhl. He's a slower overrated Chris Kunitz. He's the worst leader in the nhl and has hissy fights everytime the Yotes are getting beat by a few goals. I've never seen a player more overrated historically than Doan in the nhl by the media today. You'd think he's frigging Alfredsson or Thornton by the way some people talk about him. :laugh:

I'd say Doan has had a pretty solid career, especially considering the franchise he plays for. Plus it's no small feat to play in the NHL for 19 years. Oh, and he doesn't enjoy losing? Yeah that's a terrible quality to have in a player.....

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I bet none of you have ever met Shane and knows of the amount of work he does in Arizona.

I bet everybody here has had a bad day before and been pissed off at work.

:facepalm:

Shane Doan seems to have quite a few bad days at work these days. Slew footing unsuspecting opponents, crosschecking them, intentional elbows to the opponent's head, crying to the officials on a regular basis.

Like an earlier post said, he is pretty much just a sore loser.

Last edited:

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Him getting up to yell at the fans is pretty funny actually. Just shows you how far off his game Glendening had him.

If you were going to start a thread about something Doan did, I would've gone with him chasing Glendening down to throw an elbow at the back of his head. And even then it's just Doan being Doan when he's losing.
If that was any of a number of certain players throwing that elbow it would be a 20+ page thread by now.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
From his nonsense during the 12 playoffs to this Doan is such a worthless loser, er I mean is so classless. What an embarrassment he has become. Free Dave Tippet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad