Do you want Pete Deboer Fired ?? Merged: Pick the date

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I don't think Lou cares about perception. He's a legend. His legacy isn't going to change if he fires this joke of a coach.

Judging by Pete's facial expressions and press conferences, I believe that he is aware (and might have been told) that his job is on the line. The pressure he's under is forcing him to throw out "please-save-my-job" kind of lines, with no regard for anything but himself.

When things are going really bad and as a coach you're desperately trying to pretend you have enough lifeboats, and you have the violinists play calming music, and you serve the best wine and whiskey on deck - free, you're scared. You're trying to cover up how bad things really are.

Lou will fire Pete. He has fired coaches for much less after more impressive runs. I never thought I'd see the day when Lou would let a coach go 9-41 or whatever the hell this garbage coach has captained. Every time they lose I feel like I'm watching the titanic. And we all know too well how that movie ends.

When I hear Pete say things like "remain positive," it's early, this was a tough building etc... I hear a man desperately trying to keep a job. Team building, optional practices, "fun" practices where ****ing Volchenkov is taking shoot outs instead of learning to skate - when I see that I see a desperate man trying to create the perception that all is great. That all he needs is time. And I know that Lou Lams wasn't born yesterday and will fire this guy the moment we land @ EWR. He MIGHT give him the Rags game IF he wins in Ottawa but even then I severely doubt it. We're talking about a historic stretch. We're talking about futility that, if it occurred over a single season, would have this thread unanimously voting yes.

His record his last 60 isn't Johnny Mac bad, no. It's Pete Deboer bad. He holds that distinction all by his damn self.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
still not nearly as atrocious as with jmac. People forget too quickly what kind of a nightmare it was.

Exactly. That quote was the most true thing that anyone could have said about what that team had become. Eric ****ing Boulton scored a hat trick against us.

This team isn't anywhere close to what that team had become.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Exactly. That quote was the most true thing that anyone could have said about what that team had become. Eric ****ing Boulton scored a hat trick against us.

This team isn't anywhere close to what that team had become.

Johnny Mac got a win his first 6 games.

Buckingham Claude*

I don't think Lou cares about perception. He's a legend. His legacy isn't going to change if he fires this joke of a coach.

Judging by Pete's facial expressions and press conferences, I believe that he is aware (and might have been told) that his job is on the line. The pressure he's under is forcing him to throw out "please-save-my-job" kind of lines, with no regard for anything but himself.

When things are going really bad and as a coach you're desperately trying to pretend you have enough lifeboats, and you have the violinists play calming music, and you serve the best wine and whiskey on deck - free, you're scared. You're trying to cover up how bad things really are.

Lou will fire Pete. He has fired coaches for much less after more impressive runs. I never thought I'd see the day when Lou would let a coach go 9-41 or whatever the hell this garbage coach has captained. Every time they lose I feel like I'm watching the titanic. And we all know too well how that movie ends.

When I hear Pete say things like "remain positive," it's early, this was a tough building etc... I hear a man desperately trying to keep a job. Team building, optional practices, "fun" practices where ****ing Volchenkov is taking shoot outs instead of learning to skate - when I see that I see a desperate man trying to create the perception that all is great. That all he needs is time. And I know that Lou Lams wasn't born yesterday and will fire this guy the moment we land @ EWR. He MIGHT give him the Rags game IF he wins in Ottawa but even then I severely doubt it. We're talking about a historic stretch. We're talking about futility that, if it occurred over a single season, would have this thread unanimously voting yes.

His record his last 60 isn't Johnny Mac bad, no. It's Pete Deboer bad. He holds that distinction all by his damn self.

I have a feeling Scott Stevens will be the next coach. You might even see him tapping backs and barking orders on Saturday.

I know most Devil fans do not like Stevens but he was dealt a super weak cast of defensemen.

Stevens is a competitor, he might be a completely different animal if you give him the reigns.

Buckingham Claude*

I also remember Scott Stevens tapping his shoulder and saying "You're Next".

I would welcome Scott Stevens with open arms.

He hates to lose and is a beast - and respected!:handclap:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
What does that have to do with me saying that this team doesn't currently look anywhere near as bad as what that team under Mac looked like when Jacques said that?

My point is that it's JUST as bad. Just a very different kind of bad. A kind of bad reserved especially for PDB.

Buckingham Claude*

Stevens would rip that D apart like there is no end to it.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
My point is that it's JUST as bad. Just a very different kind of bad. A kind of bad reserved especially for PDB.

No, it's really not just as bad. Being blown out 7-0 in a game that includes an Eric Boulton hat trick doesn't fall in the same realm as losing games in a shootout. Now will this team eventually get to that point? That can be debated. But this team CURRENTLY can't be described as how Jacques described that team. That wouldn't be fair.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
No, it's really not just as bad. Being blown out 7-0 in a game that includes an Eric Boulton hat trick doesn't fall in the same realm as losing games in a shootout. Now will this team eventually get to that point? That can be debated. But this team CURRENTLY can't be described as how Jacques described that team. That wouldn't be fair.

I think blowing leads of 3-0 in the third period is just as bad as losing 7-0. It tells you something a lot different, but just as negative, as losing 7-0.

Favoritism, poor personnel decisions, players quitting, franchise records being set - those things are just as bad as Johnny Mac. The product iced might look more organized, but the results are just as bad. Just as embarrassing to me.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
I think blowing leads of 3-0 in the third period is just as bad as losing 7-0. It tells you something a lot different, but just as negative, as losing 7-0.

Favoritism, poor personnel decisions, players quitting, franchise records being set - those things are just as bad as Johnny Mac. The product iced might look more organized, but the results are just as bad. Just as embarrassing to me.

But that's just the thing. The product iced looking more organized, the compete level being higher, outplaying teams for the majority of some games, these are things that leave open at least the possibility of a turn around. These are things that were absent at a certain point under Maclean.

It's really not important either way at this point. Deboer could very likely lose his job soon. But I recall the details very vividly of that team. This team isn't anything close to that. They're currently a struggling, losing team. That team was completely lost and defeated.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
That team had no hope because the coach was inexperienced and clueless. He had no system.

This team is quitting. Players are not developing. The franchise is being set back as a whole.

This is just as bad. A different kind of bad, but just as bad.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
For those that are still on the "keep DeBoer" bandwagon...

Adam_Larsson_Keep.gif

Look at that! Look at the confidence this kid used to have. Now look at the player we see today.

Thanks Pete.

Yeah, this is why I hate DeBoer & Stevens. They have undoubtably killed this kid.

B A T M A N

Fire him out of a cannon into the sun. Lou should step down soon too. Sorry, but he should.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
The system works.. Slow, aging players don't.. We're still missing an offensive player who can really turn a game around

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
What coach does this board not want fired? I remember when Lemaire was first brought back everyone was calling him a dinosaur. Even when Hitchcock was brought up as an option after Lemaire retired, he was essentially unanimously criticized. "Too old! Pre-lockout! The game has changed!"

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The system works.. Slow, aging players don't.. We're still missing an offensive player who can really turn a game around

How does the system work? They still had trouble scoring goals with Kovy around. The system generates possession but even then all they do is pass back to the point and shoot from there.

What coach does this board not want fired? I remember when Lemaire was first brought back everyone was calling him a dinosaur. Even when Hitchcock was brought up as an option after Lemaire retired, he was essentially unanimously criticized. "Too old! Pre-lockout! The game has changed!"

I think it's pretty reasonable to want change for only 9row in the past 42 games.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

The board hates whoever the coach is unless their favorite players get the ice-time they deserve. Pete needs to start a winning streak or he isn't going to make it to 20 games.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
If Stevens becomes the next coach of this team, we will have officially jumped the shark. Lou will be cashing his ticket out of town if he goes down that road. Lottery team anyone?

DeBoer does have a good system. Problem is that he doesn't have the players and the roster decisions are beyond curious at this point. But replacing him with Stevens? Dear God, I really hope that doesn't happen.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
If Stevens becomes the next coach of this team, we will have officially jumped the shark. Lou will be cashing his ticket out of town if he goes down that road. Lottery team anyone?

DeBoer does have a good system. Problem is that he doesn't have the players and the roster decisions are beyond curious at this point. But replacing him with Stevens? Dear God, I really hope they don't go down that road.

Nobody knows what type of coach Stevens is so saying it will be a disaster is just as silly as saying he will be great.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

DeBoer does have a good system. Problem is that he doesn't have the players and the roster decisions are beyond curious at this point. But replacing him with Stevens? Dear God, I really hope that doesn't happen.

Lottery team with no first rounder. That's a good look....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad