no I think it would be a big mistake

this mess is on Lou

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
no I think it would be a big mistake

this mess is on Lou

I think they're both equally responsible.

I don't see what Lou can do to get rid of some of the contracts that need to be disposed of, so it really does come down to Pete getting the most out of what he has. Whatever he is doing is definitely not working, and it's been like that for 40 games now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No....it's way to soon to be talking about this.

Fact of the matter is there have been very good stretches during each of the first 5 games...yes, there have been equally bad stretches but we need to determine which is the more prevalent.... 5 games with a new team just isn't enough.

A little more discipline, a little tighter game, a little more attention to detail and this team is 4-1 and we're talking about DeBoer for the Jack Adams.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I still don't want him fired, but if he's going to continue with this 'vet or die' strategy because his neck's on the line then he might as well be canned today.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I still don't want him fired, but if he's going to continue with this 'vet or die' strategy because his neck's on the line then he might as well be canned today.

This is pretty much how I feel. I really think he needs to play Larsson every game especially when Volchenkov is in the lineup as well as Teddy and JJ.

I also would like to see Gelinas called up and given a chance to succeed, I think he's ready.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
If not for a brutal call by the refs last night they are at .500, and nobody is even having this conversation.

You guys are way too knee jerk.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm split on if I want him fired. I absolutely do not want him back next year though, especially if he's a free agent this Summer. I definitely would not give him an extension if he indeed was given a 3 year contract, which ends after this season.

It all depends who they bring in. I keep thinking he'll have Stevens take over as interim coach, before hiring someone with more experience in the offseason. I don't think Lou would make Stevens coach cause he has limited experience. I definitely wouldn't wanna take a chance to find out.

I'll make my vote after this road trip ends. Or possibly after the next home game against the Rangers, a week from today.

I kind of do want him gone, but don't wanna deal with the possible consequences of what could follow, or what bum coach might be brought in.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If not for a brutal call by the refs last night they are at .500, and nobody is even having this conversation.

You guys are way too knee jerk.

Last year we were horrible. This year equally horrible. He's misusing the players and clearly not motivating them. Why should he still be the coach?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm too scared to see who Lou would hire to replace him TBH

This is part of my thinking as well. Can't hire a bum and expect to get better.

Lavy will have this team playing way worse defense, and I'm not convinced Boucher is an NHL caliber head coach.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm too scared to see who Lou would hire to replace him TBH

Sad that this is my top defense for not wanting Pete out at the moment.

I am also sick of the obsession with handed ness on the 'correct' side of the ice but that'll always be an issue with this coach.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No. Still too early in the year. However they need to turn it around soon. 10 games is still too early imo, but if we are still winless at that point, then yaknow, something prob needs to be done.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
No, no, and no.

It's just the defense needs a massive overhaul. It's honestly the root of all our problems. Zidlicky makes too many mistakes, Salvador and Volchenkov are just too slow and incapable of bringing any offensive game, Harrold, Larsson, and Fayne don't look like they have either this year. Greene is the only reliable one.

Our team is too easy to defend when they can just neglect our defenders offensively. Naturally, DeBoer is going to shake up the lines to find some line that is going to click enough to offset that.

The one thing I will say is I like Lou's moves forward-wise this offseason. Everyone he brought it tries to bring the puck to the middle of the ice and into high scoring areas, and all of them shoot often and smart.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This is pretty much how I feel. I really think he needs to play Larsson every game especially when Volchenkov is in the lineup as well as Teddy and JJ.

I also would like to see Gelinas called up and given a chance to succeed, I think he's ready.

Gelinas, Teddy, JJ, and Larsson not playing is just as much of Lamoriello's fault.

Gelinas and Larsson, I can see the argument, but JJ and Tedenby failed to play themselves onto the team. Defensively, Lou was too boneheaded to make any moves and resigned both Zidlicky and Harrold when there was no need to.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim

This is why I want him fired. I wouldn't put this mess on him if he was putting the best roster he could on the ice every game, but he's not. Benching Larsson, Loktionov, or Fayne, and keeping Gionta and Volchenkov in the lineup at all is absolutely maddening. There are solutions to the teams problems that DeBoer won't do because of the ridiculous idea that only the old fart vets on D can save this team when they're the problem.

JimtheMagicalHamster

Jul 4, 2009
I don't want him fired so much as I want somebody to steal the lineup sheet from him and make sure Larsson, Fayne, Lotki and Yayo are on it. DeBoer's fine when the puck drops; it's everything in between that makes me want to hurl jam at him.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
No. I want him to play the right ****ing players. The system works, his personnel decisions do not.

And it's not even necessarily about Pete. Who would we even hire to replace him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad