Do You Want Dave Tippett to Coach the Coyotes Next Season?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I hope Tippet stays and they resign Moss and no that's not sarcasm.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Tippett interview on 12 News: http://www.12news.com/videos/sports/2015/04/20/26050391/

Among other things, he singled out Domi and Duclair, so I'm a bit more cautiously optimistic both will make the team at the start of next season.

They literally said this exact same stuff this time last year. "We want to get younger, we want to get faster, Domi will be on the team, etc."

Then the rookies beat the vets in camp and looked far better than them and Tip/GMDM went against everything they said, keeping every scrub they could.

I hope that Domi and Duclair make the team, I really do. And if they do, they cannot be in and out of the lineup playing 8 minutes a night with crap linemates. I'll believe it when I see it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I can maybe understand the first part, but this!?
Sure why not? It's not like the Coyotes are going to be any good next year either way. Might as well give people as much whining and crying material as possible.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
DT fanboys getting seriously rustled as of late. I kind of hope DT and Moss do come back and we finish last again so you can maybe, just maybe realize how wrong you are. But then again, you'd probably come up with new excuses and give DT 5 more years.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
DT fanboys getting seriously rustled as of late. I kind of hope DT and Moss do come back and we finish last again so you can maybe, just maybe realize how wrong you are. But then again, you'd probably come up with new excuses and give DT 5 more years.

Probably.

Yes because anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy. You have to be fairly naive to believe Tippet and Moss are the primary reasons this team sucks.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yes because anyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy. You have to be fairly naive to believe Tippet and Moss are the primary reasons this team sucks.

He was being slightly sarcastic (at least I think he was), as was I. Of course the team's problems are more than Moss and Tippett. Playfair and Maloney, for example.

Tippett's poor development strategy is still a huge problem though.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
OK. Who would You like to see coach the Coyotes next season? Who is out there to coach the Team?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Jeff Blashill, Paul MacLean, Todd McLellan, Claude Julien (although, I'd really rather not have another defensive minded coach), and even Newell Brown are a few candidates just off the top of my head.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Jeff Blashill, Paul MacLean, Todd McLellan, Claude Julien (although, I'd really rather not have another defensive minded coach), and even Newell Brown are just a few candidates off the top of my head.

Love to see Julien here. Did Boston give Him the ax? I know their GM got it?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Channel 12 interview makes me feel better. I've never heard Tippett talk about needing young players to be successful. Maybe he's learning. He's not dumb. He's not a bad coach. He's stubborn, but maybe he's coming around?

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The Channel 12 interview makes me feel better. I've never heard Tippett talk about needing young players to be successful. Maybe he's learning. He's not dumb. He's not a bad coach. He's stubborn, but maybe he's coming around?

He called his out the veterans for not showing leadership and effort this season. He also talked a lot this year about not being fast or skillful enough and not being able to beat guys 1v1. Maybe having "his" guys fail him opened his eyes.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Now watch him do the exact opposite of what he said, just like Maloney in the off season :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Don't forget the lesson getting so close to McEichel reaffirmed.....hope is a demon *****. Any positive sign the coyotes give you is just another means to disappoint and crush you. :sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Now watch him do the exact opposite of what he said, just like Maloney in the off season :laugh:

Maloney is Tippett's gimp *****.

Gimp2.jpg

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

This. He can say whatever he wants, I watched all year and actions speak louder than him opining regurgitation from Maloney.

I want a more offensive scheme that brings out the best in our 'fast' & 'skilled' players (Domi, Duclair, Rieder, Lessio, Perlini, Dvorak, etc...)

You've got better puck movers than defensive dmen on the backend so let's use them for what they're good at, moving the puck. More offense leads to playing defense less, leading to Smith not scowling at everyone and their mother when he thinks they blocked his field of vision.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
When Tippet first took over the helm, IIRC, he and Maloney talked about how to build a successful bargain basement team. Tippet said that he would need to play a tight checking, low scoring system to keep games close and hope that the goaltender would make the difference. He based success on having a top 5 goaltender. If the purse strings open a bit I am hoping that Tippet will allow for a more open game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: