Do You Want Dave Tippett to Coach the Coyotes Next Season?

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Not the Man for a team of Young Players. He has stated that He expects His Players to know how to play in the NHL. Yotes next year will be Young Team with the prospects that should be on this Team.

Tip is great for a team of Veterans.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
No. He doesn't want to be here and he isn't a good fit for the direction we are going.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Actually, I want to see what Tippet can do with the young players. He has been right about our prospects. Domi wasn't ready. Samuelsson wasn't ready. Lessio wasn't ready. (he looked invisible out there to me).

All this *****ing about not playing young players, but really what alternative roster, from the list of AHL and Juniors would have both done better on the ice and helped the players develop?

Reider was ready and who's to say whether it was better for him to come up mid-season in a miserable campaign rather than slog it out from the beginning.

It's become the thing of the day to bash Tippet, but when I look back, I don't see how his decisions cost our team. Maloney on the other hand....

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
I voted no, but I'm on middle ground.

I'm curious to see if Tip will adjust and play the young core, with a high energy OFFENSE involved. No more of this neutral, hard working, zone trap $#!T

I also want to see him gone just for the pure fact that we can scoop up Blashill from DET or Guy Boucher from Switzerland

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Actually, I want to see what Tippet can do with the young players. He has been right about our prospects. Domi wasn't ready. Samuelsson wasn't ready. Lessio wasn't ready. (he looked invisible out there to me).

All this *****ing about not playing young players, but really what alternative roster, from the list of AHL and Juniors would have both done better on the ice and helped the players develop?

Reider was ready and who's to say whether it was better for him to come up mid-season in a miserable campaign rather than slog it out from the beginning.

It's become the thing of the day to bash Tippet, but when I look back, I don't see how his decisions cost our team. Maloney on the other hand....

Do You really want to see Tippet experiment with this Team of younger players, just to see if He can do it? Sorry missing the Playoff's 3 years in a row is enough for Me. Most Teams would have let Him go after 2. There are teams that would have let Him go after 1.

The Coyotes have a real chance to make the move to respectability. I don't want to see this Team experiment with Tippet just to see if He can do it. If that's the case let him go to the AHL and see what He can do to develop Younger Players.

Thank You for Your service but the Team is moving in a different direction.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
We're truly not heading in the other direction unless we see it for our own eyes with whatever offseason and training camp moves are made. I feel that as long as Tippett is still here that the status quo will remain.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
We're truly not heading in the other direction unless we see it for our own eyes with whatever offseason and training camp moves are made. I feel that as long as Tippett is still here that the status quo will remain.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Do You really want to see Tippet experiment with this Team of younger players, just to see if He can do it? Sorry missing the Playoff's 3 years in a row is enough for Me. Most Teams would have let Him go after 2. There are teams that would have let Him go after 1.

The Coyotes have a real chance to make the move to respectability. I don't want to see this Team experiment with Tippet just to see if He can do it. If that's the case let him go to the AHL and see what He can do to develop Younger Players.

You may be on to something here. Tippet needs to go to the AHL to relearn the NHL game. This isn't a development league and we should not have him coaching in the NHL when he is clearly not ready. :sarcasm:

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Yes.

But I don't know if "do you want" is even relevant. He's under contract and has a job to do. If he doesn't want to do that job, then soya, and what's more, nara.

Randy Carlyle?

Teams break contracts all the time. GMDM calls Tip in to His Office. "Sorry about this, But Your Fired".

I just feel Tippet has had His chance here. And the Coyotes have a real chance to move to the next level. I don't think Tippet is the Man to led a young team. And I don't want to keep just to see if He can do it. Look we owe Him what's left in His contract. But that's all.

Most of Us work for somebody. If Our Bosses don't think We are right for the job right now or going down the line. We are most likely gone. Contract or not. Not many of us have any type of job security. Day to day, work, produce. We have a job. Job changes. New people. Processes. Boss calls us in. Hands us a box for our stuff. "Thank for all You've done for the Company, BUT".

I bet more than 80% of Us are in this boat.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
It really doesn't matter at this point. The team is not a coaching change away from salvation. Tippett is a quality coach with a good NHL pedigree. He might as well run it.

They only thing that would change our fortunes at this point is a spending spree in the UFA market. Drop about $15M on forwards and you might have a competitive team. Everything else is a constant or out of management control. This is the only variable that management can influence that will affect '15-'16. Any coach with our current roster is going to lose.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It really doesn't matter at this point. The team is not a coaching change away from salvation. Tippett is a quality coach with a good NHL pedigree. He might as well run it.

They only thing that would change our fortunes at this point is a spending spree in the UFA market. Drop about $15M on forwards and you might have a competitive team. Everything else is a constant or out of management control. This is the only variable that management can influence that will affect '15-'16. Any coach with our current roster is going to lose.

This. Scotty Bowman himself couldn't turn this roster into a winner.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Absolutely not. He doesn't give the kids room to be effective at what they r best at. I hate turris but he is a prime example. He just didn't grow to be a 60+ pt player. He was already one just not given the time and offensive openness

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Domi/duclair should get 15-17 min a night. They might not be there from games 1-20 but they will improve so that by games 50-60 they will be effective players. You have to give them the time Tippett won't because all he cares about is today's game

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely not. He doesn't give the kids room to be effective at what they r best at. I hate turris but he is a prime example. He just didn't grow to be a 60+ pt player. He was already one just not given the time and offensive openness

Turris wasn't physically mature enough for the NHL. He needed time. Instead he forced his way into the lineup too soon and the rest is history.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Turris wasn't physically mature enough for the NHL. He needed time. Instead he forced his way into the lineup too soon and the rest is history.

I'm talking about his last year before being traded. Tippett was holding him back as he immediately became a better player with ottawa

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm talking about his last year before being traded. Tippett was holding him back as he immediately became a better player with ottawa

turris strong two way play today is a testament to how he was developed by Tippett. There was a time I thought his nickname would "minus 1" as he was easily physically overpowered by opposing teams. As a result Tippett did his best to protect him on zone starts. When Turris physically matured he became a true top 6 player.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

You may be on to something here. Tippet needs to go to the AHL to relearn the NHL game. This isn't a development league and we should not have him coaching in the NHL when he is clearly not ready. :sarcasm:

Tippett was with the Houston Aeros before. He won't go back to the AHL and even if he did, I doubt the experience would change him as he appears to be a man set in his own ways.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Domi/duclair should get 15-17 min a night. They might not be there from games 1-20 but they will improve so that by games 50-60 they will be effective players. You have to give them the time Tippett won't because all he cares about is today's game

I agree. And this is My Problem with Tippet. He will call up a young player. Then the player will never see the ice. He will just ride the bench. Tippet will not give Him any meaningful ice time. He is just no willing to let the Young Players learn. (Yes they will make some mistakes) But its part of the learning process. Some of His Trusted Veterans were making the same mistakes.

Look I admit I maybe wrong on this. But as I see it. We will have a Younger Team. With Younger Players. They will need someone who can help them develop. I just don't see Tippet being this man. Veteran team, Yes.

I just think at this point in time. For this Team. Tippet in not the man for the job. Sorry I just feel after 3 years out of the Playoffs. It time for a change. You have to admit this last season there were more than a few games. This Team played without motivation and passion. I blame Tippet for this. It's his job to get this Team up for the games.

This is just too important a time for this Team to make Tippet be something He is not. A Teacher!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->